FS-DE Limits

Hey guys, sorry if I replied on the wrong thread but I just joined Mazda247 10 mins ago!

So I bought a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed protege with 160k on the original motor and I wanted to start tuning.

Mods:
AWR Front motor mount
Cold air intake
2.5 inch catback exaust
Res delete and second cat delete
TurboSmart 7psi internal wastegate
CX racing FMIC

I noticed onced I installed my intercooler that my car is experiencing allot hesitation during acceleration, almost like I'm over boosting

Would the SSAFC solve this issue? And do I need a boost controller if I wanna stay at 7psi considering my wastegate is set to 7psi?

Do I need a wideband to use the SSAFC?

Any info would be appreciated thanks!

Also trying to hit 200hp on stock internals

Hey guys, sorry if I replied on the wrong thread but I just joined Mazda247 10 mins ago!

So I bought a 2003.5 Mazdaspeed protege with 160k on the original motor and I wanted to start tuning.

Mods:
AWR Front motor mount
Cold air intake
2.5 inch catback exaust
Res delete and second cat delete
TurboSmart 7psi internal wastegate
CX racing FMIC

I noticed onced I installed my intercooler that my car is experiencing allot hesitation during acceleration, almost like I'm over boosting

Would the SSAFC solve this issue? And do I need a boost controller if I wanna stay at 7psi considering my wastegate is set to 7psi?

Do I need a wideband to use the SSAFC?

Any info would be appreciated thanks!

Also trying to hit 200hp on stock internals

Yes, a ssafc will solve a lot if not all of your hesitation.

No, won't need a boost controller if you want to stay at 7 psi. You have a 7 psi wategate.

A wideband, while not absolutely necessary, is HIGHLY recommended.

And yes, this is a bad thread to be posting in, haha. Make a build thread, or search! Most everything has been covered here.

You live in Canada eh... In the heart of the salt belt.

Take it to Krown and get it oil sprayed.

200 hp doesn't matter if your ass falls through the floorboards.

You live in Canada eh... In the heart of the salt belt.

Take it to Krown and get it oil sprayed.

200 hp doesn't matter if your ass falls through the floorboards.
Why are so many protg guys in the rust belt, it's so sad. Why do so many people live in the rust belt...

Last edited:
Why are so many protg guys in the rust belt, it's so sad. Why do so many people live in the rust belt...

It sucks to have have your car slowly dissolve away.

I still love the the car but it's hard to watch her die of cancer especially when the engine runs so good.

I dread the day I have to take her out behind the barn and shoot her.

Lol I'm not talking about budweiser. I work at a craft brewery and am a hop head. I assure you our IPAs are not watered down. No molson or moose head here, Doug McKenzie.

2a64ceaa4f3d70e0dc9b01a2c43d7541.jpg

Sent From Papa Jays Phone

600 hp on stock crank need meth inject with turbo and e85 full tune
On stock internals? With the reputation of WEAK that has befallen the FS-DE...I'm the duke of doubt. Not at all saying it wasn't done, if it was, epic...but typically I'm noticing people seem to have failures right around the 200whp mark.

dyno sheets? The stock crank is forged so it will handle a lot. The stock rods and pistons? Not so much.

Back