Rally2003's Build Thread

I think the P/S fluid just was all burnt up from the first time the pulley locked up andturned that coffee color. Then the 2nd time around the sensor broke off and it was spilling out the sensor hole. I'm going to the junkyard today to find a P/S pump and taking her in to get the fluid flushed out. One of the few things I can't do and have to take her in. That and damn wheel bearing.

Oh yeah the mold turned out a lot better, but still has a few flaws in it and a hairline crack from when I took the fender out of the mold. I actually ruined the fender when pulling it out. It got hung up in a few spots and creased it twice around the top of the wheel well. I'm just going to modify the mold and give it a go and see what happens. I have a few ideas for the other side to make it easier and turn out better. Then if that goes better I might just redo the first one.

To the junkyard!

can you take a pic of the sensoryou are talking about? the one on the front of my p/s broke. I doubt it's the cause of my random belt squeal though

can you take a pic of the sensoryou are talking about? the one on the front of my p/s broke. I doubt it's the cause of my random belt squeal though

I was told it is a idle sensor that gives the motor a little more throttle to adjust for the load on the P/S pulley.

I went to the junkyard only to find that there was no P/S pumps that are the same as the MSP and they were all the older style,but for $30 I fugured I could give it a try. I had to combine the old hardware with the new and swing the P/S hose around. Just need to pick up a new hose clamp and taking her in to get the fluid flushed. Also moved around my intercooler piping to make sure it would never hit the sensor again, but the sensor on the older pumps is in another spot. Picked up some clips for the bezel too and they are metal, not the cheap plastic ones.

"New" 626 pump is on. It has a little different setup, but it works great. Just need to swap out the broken plastic clips on the bezel for the metal ones.

Wow I need to update the pic in my sig and avatar.

So the question for this fall is (for the front wheels) 17x8 w/ 245/45/17 or 17x9 w/ 275/45/17. I need the wheels in the front for when I start making my wider fenders. This way I know how much further the fender needs to come out and depending on the offset, how wide of a spacer I need to have.

That is probably what I'm going to be doing, but not withthat much camber. At least for next year.

Pulled my first cf fender from the mold today. It weighs at the most 2lbs. Can't wait to get it all finished up and start the other side. Then to the trunk/wing,and finishing with the doors :) I'll take a pic of it tomorrow or Tuesday after fix some little things and give it a good wetsand/buff.

Bump for pics! I've fallen behind on this thread and plan to re-read later but .. Are you vacuum bagging?

Bump for pics! I've fallen behind on this thread and plan to re-read later but .. Are you vacuum bagging?

I wish I had a bag setup. Part of the problem was the angle at the top of the fender. It is really had to make any angle less than a 90 with cf.

Back