Install Bug Screen with Gutter Guard and Pet Screen

These are great ideas i am just preparing to do both grilles and will use these sugestions thanks for the pictures.

P1050401.JPG
I really appreciated all this advice and information in this thread as well.It gave me the confidence to remove the entire front bumper assembly and fit my "CrimSafe" mesh,(a very strong, fine steel mesh painted black) to the inside of the bumper, to protect both the engine radiator and the inter cooler for the turbo I made up some small aluminum clips and used black plastic push barb fasteners and some small cable ties and some screws that can't be seen. It was a big job about 6 hours but most of that time was fitting the mesh to the inside of the bumper assembly. The finished product looks great all on the inside and fixings almost invisible to the casual observer. Will attach some pics one day soon. My dealer tells me that Mazda is releasing an accessory to deal with this obvious concern.

Last edited:
My dealer tells me that Mazda is releasing an accessory to deal with this obvious concern.
as with the majority of accessories out there, it'll likely not be sold explicitly in the u.s. market. i'm sure mazda goes out of their way to not make most accessories available in the u.s... in which case, the petscreen and gutter guard combo works rather well.

Back