TomTom voice navigation issue

windpusher

:
mazda, cx-5
Has anyone experienced an issue with CX-5 voice navigation not working on GrandTouring. 9 times out of 10 TomTom does not understand commands. Speak soft, speak loud, speak slow, fast, does not matter. TomTom says it an issue with Mazda, Mazda says it an issue with TomTom. Voice dialing on phone works flawlessly 99% of time, so I think it may be a TomTom issue. I suspect a impedance problem with microphone. Difference between Mazda and TomTom but no one can confirm.
Anyone else have this problem. Solution?

The voice control is garbage - I've verbally read out an entire address, and it comes back with McDonalds.

Absolutely useless.

Mine is a bit hit-and-miss, think is due to me talking too loud on commands as the microphone pickup icon thing on screen goes bright red, seems to understand better when talk and the icon thing doesn't light up red!

Yup, that Nav unit is something else... No luck here either. You have a good point on the impedance matching for the different systems, that sounds very much like a purchasing issue that could have happened during the integration. I will not blame myself for the lack of reception/comprehension it has, as it works on my phone for voice texts, though I have to pick the phone up and hit the voice button on it, the bluetooth then does a self call to the phone and whatever is spoken comes up on the text, as good as it does when the bluetooth is not on. So the microphone works on bluetooth (I do not have the best of luck, but can voice call from Bluetooth on the Mazda side of the system), but the Nav is like talking to a martian.

i concur completely with the summations of what tomtom thinks passes for voice control....i've gotten tired of calling and emailing them about it

it has gotten a tiny bit better than roll out but its still extremely sketchy...

The few times I've had to repeat my destination, the unit asked me 'you'd like to find the nearest white castle, is that correct?' Every time! I should say yes one time because I'm pretty sure the nearest one is a couple of thousand miles away.

Back