Strange rattle at start up...

07SPEEDGIRL

:
2007 Mazda Speed 3
So a few days after getting our 07 ms3 it does a loud rattle on a cold start up... if we turn it on then turn it off and back on it doesnt do it.. or after driving for a while... i have no idea where to even begin... any ideas or suggestions of what it coukd even be?

The engine.. lol my husband has been at work with the car so ill try and get a more detailed area... just cant fire out why it only does it on cold start up.....

Mazda sent out recalls of "ticking" noises coming from the engine bay. Chances are its the VVT actuator. Some have it others dont. I was sent the recall but it hasnt happened on my car. I'll probably still take it in to have the recall on file for my car. Who did you buy the from? Ask if it is up to date on all recall notices.

So we have determined its the vvt actuator.... its out of warrenty so 900+ dollars at mazda.... yuck no thx lol

So we have determined its the vvt actuator.... its out of warrenty so 900+ dollars at mazda.... yuck no thx lol
Sorry to hear that. I got lucky right when I got the notice my car was at 698XX. Took it in as soon as I can. $900+ sounds a lot. I would try to find like a motorsports shop that work on our cars. Mostly likely it'd be cheaper. http://www.cobbtuning.com/Domestic-Pro-Tuners-s/70754.htm#Mazda try to see if any of those are near you. That's how I found mine. They usually know more about our cars better than the regular local shops. Good luck

Thx! We are calling our buddy that owns the dealership we got it from.. it does have a warranty so hopefully they cover it... if not there a shop in santee, ca that i see all the time with evos, stis and speed3/6 pur front often! Know they do tuning so mayne they do or know someone that will do it!

Unfortunately ours had the same problem. We were still under warranty when we had it done. Our Mazda dealer went ahead and changed the timing belt and water pump as well while they were there if I am not mistaken. We now have 85K on the ODO and going strong.

Back