Can I use USB and Bluetooth together with my iPhone?

rspike12

:
Cx5
Hi
When I get into the car my iPhone connects to the Madza System through the
Bluetooth.
All works fine and I begin listening music but when I plug my iPhone to the USB to charge and I switch from the Bluetooth section to IPod Section I can't hear any sound.
To hear something I have to unpair the music in the Bluetooth options of the car, every time.

Is there a way to continue listening music switching from Bluetooth to IPod?
I want to do that cause I can charge my iPhone and I can navigate into my Playlist while with the Bluetooth I can't.

Any help Will be much appreciated

Last edited:
I am able to do this, on iPhone make sure it's going through the dock connector when on USB/iPod tab. You should be able to use Bluetooth for phone and USB for music...lemme know if this helps

Yes but I mean at the same time.
Could you try to listen music through Bluetooth and then plug the
iPhone to USB and move to iPod section.
If I do that in the iPod section I can see the name of the song and the seconds running
but I don't hear any sound.

On your iPhone, make sure that the output is set to Dock Connector and not Mazda (bluetooth). You can see what is selected by tapping the Music icon, then the little rectangle with the arrow in it. The pop up menu will display the available options and which one is selected. Change it to Dock Connector if it is not already set to that.

Thanks man, It was taking me crazy.
Sometimes I have to switch from Mazda to iPod dock but it works.
Do you know if there is a kind of priority to set or I've to switch manually?

Sorry, my explanation was bad, if you wait till Bluetooth is fully connected then plug iPhone in to USB it should work but haven't found a way to set priority

while you can go through to the iphone and set it to go through the dock connector after everything is plugged in, i found that way a bit more effort-driven and time consuming.

i typically do what mobius120487 suggested by first making sure bluetooth is first connected, then plugging in the dock connector for the usb.

when you click on the ipod tab, from my experience, there usually isn't sound. however, if you wait a second or two, then press one of the audio controls on the steering wheel(like the volume up/down) or a button on the ipod section of the audio touchscreen menu, the audio then kicks back in.

if it doesn't work you can switch back and forth to the touchscreen menu & try the controls again. if that fails, then unplugging the dock connector and re-attaching it usually works. usually it doesn't take this much effort, but it certainly takes awhile, some timing, and a bit of work until the ipod dock connection kicks in.

i'm hoping the issue would be fixed with some sort of firmware or software update at a later time. i'd like to just enable bluetooth on the phone, plug in the dock, start the car and just go. ...but then again, there's that navigation legal notice you also have to click just to have full functionality before you can drive off. it's like a todo list or ritual before having to drive.

i'm hoping the issue would be fixed with some sort of firmware or software update at a later time.

Speaking about that, How Can we Know if there are any firmware or software update, I mean where to look forward (www.mazda.com? I didn't find anything)
Will us be able to update the system by ourselves or We have to take the car to a Mazda dealer?

i'd like to just enable bluetooth on the phone, plug in the dock, start the car and just go. ...but then again, there's that navigation legal notice you also have to click just to have full functionality before you can drive off. it's like a todo list or ritual before having to drive.

I don't have any navigation legal notice...what you're talking about?
Maybe in Italy It's different

as far as i know, for any related mazda updates you would have to go through the dealer. you can ask them about that to be sure. i would think that if it was an essential/critical update they would send out a notice and contact you. maybe someday they'll have a bluetooth update to improve things.

for the tomtom navigation it's different -requiring you to take the sd card from the car, install software on a computer, and transfer over any updates from the internet.

at the time i didn't notice you're from italy :) yes, it's different. over in north america you're forced to click through tomtom's legal notice every time you turn on the vehicle.

Back