Need your opinion: 22" vossen cv3 on CX-5

SanFrancisco

:
2013 CX-5
Photoshopped:

mazdacx5rims.jpg

$3,000 for 22x9 front, 22x10.5 rear vossen cv3 rims, falken tires, mounting, balancing, TPMS transfer, taxes, and installation all included!

Would you go for it?

No bad. Why the stagger? I'd say the 9 wide all around should be fine. $3,000 is too rich for my blood when it comes to that. haha.

-Tyler

Price is not far from what's expected.

Style of wheel is nice, but it will make the silver brakes look small.

Stagger really is not needed even from a style standpoint.

Concerns are more about 22's and impact on ride/handling/acceleration mainly due to huge increase in unsprung weight.

Price is not far from what's expected.

Style of wheel is nice, but it will make the silver brakes look small.

Stagger really is not needed even from a style standpoint.

Concerns are more about 22's and impact on ride/handling/acceleration mainly due to huge increase in unsprung weight.

Do you think 22" wheels would affect mpg big time? Would it able to work with chain tires? I go to Lake Tahoe often during the winter times.

Do you think 22" wheels would affect mpg big time? Would it able to work with chain tires? I go to Lake Tahoe often during the winter times.

At least 5% or slightly more reduction in gas mileage to be expected. Impact on acceleration and ride will be more obvious.

Forget about chains on this setup, not advised at all. If your CX-5 is AWD, not a concern if the tires you select are M&S (mud & snow) rated.

At least 5% or slightly more reduction in gas mileage to be expected. Impact on acceleration and ride will be more obvious.

Forget about chains on this setup, not advised at all. If your CX-5 is AWD, not a concern if the tires you select are M&S (mud & snow) rated.

My suv doesnt come with awd.

Thanks for advice. Now I have 50/50 mixed feelings about 22" vossen cv3. :\

I actually saw one guy on here that had 22's on his and I liked it...wouldn't do it to my ride but I really liked them on his. I think it was in the big photos thread somewhere near the end.

And I agree with everyone else, don't see a need for the staggered fitment

I actually saw one guy on here that had 22's on his and I liked it...wouldn't do it to my ride but I really liked them on his. I think it was in the big photos thread somewhere near the end.

Yeah, his doesn't come with concave. Mine with concave 22x9 front, 22x10.5 rear similar to this

bmw-5-series-on-vossen-cv3-wheels_1.jpg

cool ideas but i personally wouldn't do the staggered setup. i would like to have the regular tire rotations with oil change.

Staggered on front wheel drive vehicle is just a bit wrong.

I have seen staggered on AWD/4WD versions of Mercedes and BMW's from the factory in some markets.

My experience with aftermarket wheels and tires, especially staggered, is they're more trouble than they're worth.

If you have something that comes with staggered low-pro tires that are already crazy expensive, then you might as well go with an aftermarket wheel. But when you go from running $150 tires that will go 65-90k miles to $300 tires that wear out every 30k miles, plus the added expense for the rims, it sounds like money wasted. I'd much rather put it towards something else.

'

It really depends on the quality of the wheels and tires.

It took me over a month of deliberation and research before I bit the bullet and went with 22" wheels. I was also worried about MPG and ride decrease on the CX-5, in fact CX-SV answered some questions for me as well! What pushed me to my final decision was that if I was going to spend over 2k on wheels for looks, then compromising to save $$ on gas was silly. Might as well spend the money on something else.

After driving around, here is what I found. Yes, there is no way getting around that MPG and ride quality will decrease, but my 2 door coupe had a rougher ride. As for MPG, I decided I could compensate for the weight by accelerating slower and driving with hypermiling concept in mind. Just by driving a little slower, I am happy to report that I've only lost ~.5 mpg off of my avg mpg.

And for that, here is what I gained.

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0948.jpg

IMAG0949.jpg

IMAG0950.jpg

Excellent, black wheels on the red with all the black trim that comes from factory.

wheel spec?

'

whats your wheel spec plz?

It really depends on the quality of the wheels and tires.

It took me over a month of deliberation and research before I bit the bullet and went with 22" wheels. I was also worried about MPG and ride decrease on the CX-5, in fact CX-SV answered some questions for me as well! What pushed me to my final decision was that if I was going to spend over 2k on wheels for looks, then compromising to save $$ on gas was silly. Might as well spend the money on something else.

After driving around, here is what I found. Yes, there is no way getting around that MPG and ride quality will decrease, but my 2 door coupe had a rougher ride. As for MPG, I decided I could compensate for the weight by accelerating slower and driving with hypermiling concept in mind. Just by driving a little slower, I am happy to report that I've only lost ~.5 mpg off of my avg mpg.

And for that, here is what I gained.

IMAG0951.jpg

IMAG0948.jpg

IMAG0949.jpg

IMAG0950.jpg

Back