Bluetooth and Audio Music / Phone calls

Jannika

:
Mazda Cx 5
Hi Guys, I am very excited should be getting my cx-5 in the next couple of weeks. I have a couple of questions regarding the audio and phone system. I know that you can have several phones connected to the car. But I have heard that only the last phone connected will actually work. I would like to know what the best way to set up my phones when I first get the car. I have both an iphone 3gs for work and an iphone 3 for personal use. I would really like both phone calls to go through the car when answering a call but I dont mind that only one I can CALL from.

Lastly my second question is along the same lines - I also have my music on an ipod since my phones are only small on memory. Can I have my ipod set up as well as my phones for music - or is it only the music on the last phone/pod connected. ???

Please give me any advice you may have with the audio/phone system for the mazda cx-5

Kindly

to answer your second question, you can plug your ipod via usb and it will show up on the touchscreen in the audio menu as a separate tab. it helps keeping my music device charged as well.

for some reason in my vehicle, bluetooth upon startup always syncs music audio despite having it configured to just connect to the phone part. it doesn't remember my previous settings. so, you have to sync bluetooth first then later plug the ipod to the usb. otherwise, they fight for music audio control. when the ipod tab appears, select it and adjust any controls for it to kick in.

since i don't use more than one bluetooth device in the car i'm unable to answer your first question.

Thank you puddle.jumper... How have you been finding the quality of the Bluetooth phone connection. Can people generally hear you clearly?... I am a real estate agent and ALWAYS on the phone.

while i haven't yet been on the other end of a cx-5 bluetooth conversation to tell for myself, everyone i've spoken to with it has said the audio sounds very clear/excellent. so i suspect there's ambient noise cancellation and interior sound dampening which improves the quality.

one lady on the receiving end kind of freaked out when she suddenly heard two voices(mine and another passenger) mid-conversation because she didn't know she was on the bluetooth speakerphone. but that's just anecdotal.

I guess you wont really be calling yourself from your own car :) sorry - But thank you for the feedback. I was hoping you would say it was high quality. I had a hire car not long ago and the bluetooth was horrible - The people I would be speaking to were constantly asking me to repeat myself or commenting. But I am now borrowing a the inlaws car while I am waiting for mine to show up in the country and their bluetooth seems pretty perfect.

How long have you had your car? Have you had any issues with it?

I guess you wont really be calling yourself from your own car :) sorry - But thank you for the feedback. I was hoping you would say it was high quality. I had a hire car not long ago and the bluetooth was horrible - The people I would be speaking to were constantly asking me to repeat myself or commenting. But I am now borrowing a the inlaws car while I am waiting for mine to show up in the country and their bluetooth seems pretty perfect.

How long have you had your car? Have you had any issues with it?

the quality can also be affected by cell coverage. a friend did say it came in "crystal clear" on full bars... but again, that's their word not mine. lol

i've owned my vehicle since july and no problems or issues thus far.

the main annoyance for me is that legal agreement on the nav touchscreen every time i start the vehicle. secondly, waiting for the bluetooth pairing to do its thing(takes only about ten seconds, give or take) before i can finally plug in the ipod and have it take over the audio. these extra small steps prevent me from just plugging in the ipod, starting the car & go. it could be more streamlined from a practical/functional standpoint and i'd suspect a software update could take care of it.

Cheers, What is the legal agreement on the nav touchscreen ? Yeah I understand it may only be 10 sec but it does add up and if it is everytime I can see how it could become annoying.

I have another random question for you... do you know why it is the Mazda Cx-5 2013 when it is still 2012 and was released (at least in Aus) in Feb 12...
The 2013 has just confused me :)

the legal notice is due to tomtom's navigation. generally speaking, all their devices in north america require it to show up every single time it starts up to protect them from lawsuits. other gps navigation manufacturers have something similar but i can't speak from experience. it would be nice to be able to disable it or even remember the first time you clicked yes and leave you alone thereafter.
ry%3D400

the reason for the advanced year as i understand it is purely marketing. usually the next year is introduced at the end of the previous one, unless production is running behind schedule from expected release dates. but this varies for any number of reasons. an answer via yahoo answers: http://answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20100726174033AAMJjOx

Back