Spotted

kardut

:
Virginia
:
'21 Sign. CX-5
Given the relative rarity so far of the CX5, thought it would be fun to start a "spotted" thread. I know this forum covers the world, so odds are we may not actually spot each other, but on the off chance I'll give it a shot...

Spotted two while traveling in Fredericksburg, VA, USA on Saturday 8/25:

(1) White CX5 heading eastbound on Rt 3
(2) Metro gray in the iHop parking lot

These are the only 2 I've ever seen, and saw both on the same day

Ive seen a red zeal one that mazda gave away to a lucky winner at the auto show. Two sky blue ones one owned by a male the other female, a white one another woman was driving, three black ones guys were driving and a metro gray one in a parking lot.

I see these almost every day.

I've seen
White CX-5 parked at a local drug store on a regular.
Black, Stormy blue, and zeal red all near by.

I see alot of the new escapes though.
The more I see them, the less I like it.

Saw a white one yesterday. Had license plates.

You wouldn't happen to be in the TO/Westlake area would you? If so that was me. I got the plates within 2 weeks of getting the car. I love my pearl white cx-5 and so far gas mileage is nuts. Drive down to Santa Monica on the 118 to the 405 (downhill most of the way) netted me 40 mpg average. I was blown away.

Saw a Sky Blue one coming back from Freehold Raceway Mall 2 weeks ago on Route 9 North. Then a Liquid Silver one coming back from the beach at Fire Island in Long Island, NY. I sacrificed some MPG numbers to catch up to the silver one as I spotted it from far out.

There is a very nice lady who has a Pearl White Touring one in my Townhome development as well. I see that one everyday and we had a long talk about our cars a few weeks ago :) These are the only 3 I've seen besides mine.

other than my own, i've still yet to see any other cx-5 on the road while i drive cross town. a few times i thought i finally saw one, but they ended up being cx-7s or even cx-9s. eventually, i'm sure i'll spot one. :)

those of us in so cal area should have some kind of local informal club or something. the only mazda clubs i've come across are all mazdaspeed racing or miatas... different market scenes altogether.

also, in the area, i found out ijdmtoy is in san gabriel. someday i might trek over & see what they have in terms of led interior bulb upgrades.

Ok we have a smaller population but a big love it seems of Mazda's here in Oz.

Yesterday I was a Blue base model (Maxx)... and the day before a dark grey one!

That's it!!!!!

I've only seen a dozen CX-5's in my area on the road since buying mine 5 months ago, still not very common. Inventory is usually low at local dealerhships with 0-10 units max.

I've seen a black one a few times (think its the same one) and a white one on York Road north of Towson, MD. Saw a blue or gray one parked around the corner from my house last Friday during the Sneek-a-Peak at Your Seat day at the local elementry school, so hope to see that one again. Will be driving up to Boston this weekend so hope to see some on the road. They fly off the lot of my dealer, but I don't know where they go.

Saw another one today on 101 at 87 near San Jose airport, a dark gray fwd w/17" wheels.

finally spotted my first one today:
1. metro grey cx-5 with no plates(dealership placard)
405 northbound before the 10 fwy at around 10:40am.

i later spotted two ford escapes in the wild on pch hwy.

Already seen a few here in the Houston area. From recent memory:

1) I've seen a Liquid Silver CX-5 sometimes parked in my apartment garage, though it's not been there every day
2) Saw two other CX-5s parked in the Galleria garage last weekend

I was in the Washington, DC area a few weekends ago and I noticed several CX-5s in that area.

I've only seen one other CX-5 here, on Maui.
Mine is Zeal Red and the other one I saw was Black. I liked it a lot!
I have to say...As the Black CX-5 drove by...I was thinking that it looks a lot bigger
than mine feels. But then I realized that I the other driver was probably 140 lbs...
Where I am closer to 240 lbs...HAHAHA

My wife and I have seen a few just north of the Atlanta perimeter. I've seen a couple of silver ones at different times and my wife has seen a silver, a sky blue, a pearl white, and a titanium.

Big weekend for CX-5's for me.

Pearl White Downtown Norfolk
Zeal Red Virginia Beach VA (Black aftermarket rims and dealer plates)
Two Gray in a parking lot at a movie theater
A Black one in the shopping mall

Back