Saying goodbye to Mazda...for now

Onatrum

:
2010 Hyundai Genesis Coupe
I was going to post this in the Protege5 threads but Ohio means more to me :)

Bad news first...my Protege5 is gone. It was totaled out at the end of July. Don't worry, didn't involve an accident. Sucked water into the engine during one of those strong July storms. There was no saving the engine.

Good news...car was fully covered, and insurance cut me a check. Considering the mileage, amount of rust, and clunky suspension, I think it was really a blessing in disguise.

I'm not leaving the forums for good! To be honest, I haven't been actively posting for a long time, but I was always browsing around ;)

Some of you I've met, a lot of you I haven't. I've been a member for a long time and have had the chance to meet a lot of Mazda owners, whether it be in Columbus, Cincy, Mid-Ohio and so on... Some of my best pictures and videos (potato gun shooting!) occurred with my fellow Mazda enthusiasts.

I may not know all of you personally, but one thing I've learned from these forums...the bond is strong within the Mazda community, there's a lot of pride and comradery. I've always appreciated that! :)

With that being said, I wanted to post a few facts/pics of my baby for all to appreciate. Gone but not forgotten! :)

2002 Mazda Protege5 - Classic Red
Bought new: June 2001
Miles: 46

new

My chrome wheel phase...

chrome

My tuner phase...

tuner

The one and only Mazda dragon tattoo inside my headlight...

mazda_dragon_tattoo

Last day running: July 28, 2012
Miles: 191,886
My last day with the car...

lastday

Thanks everyone! I'll be around ;)

Wow. Shawn, you were the person who introduced me to the Ohio Mazda scene and to people who are now some of my best friends. Thank you for that. I hope that everything is going well for you and I wish you the best of luck. Any idea on what car is next? Are you staying out of the modding scene?

I would have bought it and did another motor sway :) I say it like it only takes me 5 minutes :)

Shawn was one if the first Ohio Mazda owners I met. Still can' t forget hanging out at Hooters years ago when I biught the wagon. Stay in touch

Hey Ivan! Still rocking the turbo in that white P5?! How's that holding up? I ended up getting a 2010 Hyundai Genesis coupe. I'm trying really hard not to mod it lol Maybe little things, like tinted windows.

Marlon! Wow it's been years! Hope all is well. I think I have a video tape around my apartment with the Mazda6's cruising down the highway :) Are you still organizing the MidOhio meets? I haven't been following the forums much...back in school and it takes up all my time!

rally2003...so sorry if we've met! As much as I loved the P5, it wasn't in much of a condition worth saving. Poor thing had rusted through the hatch and fenders lol

Last edited:
Hey, that DG lip looks familar!

Bummer to hear about the P5. Mine is a rusted out sh*tbox now, and can only wish something would happen to it so that I don't have to try to sell it.

Stay active in the Ohio threads. MOST of us don't care what you drive, as long as you're cool (and we know you are).

Bummer to hear about the P5. Mine is a rusted out sh*tbox now, and can only wish something would happen to it so that I don't have to try to sell it.QUOTE]

hahah The origin of the potato gun videos! :) I remember you mentioning the rust a long time ago. Mine had gone through the hatch, to the point that if I washed the car, it would spray into the hatch. The rear fenders weren't far behind. The clear coat was flaking off the roof too.

You still have the lip?

I actually have a speed3 now. White of course! Lots of changes in the last few years. I was actually looking at the genesis coupe as an option before I bought the speed3 lol. Glad to know you're doing well. Hopefully I'll see you around.

Bummer to hear about the P5. Mine is a rusted out sh*tbox now, and can only wish something would happen to it so that I don't have to try to sell it.QUOTE]

hahah The origin of the potato gun videos! :) I remember you mentioning the rust a long time ago. Mine had gone through the hatch, to the point that if I washed the car, it would spray into the hatch. The rear fenders weren't far behind. The clear coat was flaking off the roof too.

You still have the lip?

Unfortunately, no. When I thought I was trading the car in, I sold it. I still love the DG lip, contrary to what everyone says nowadays.

Back