Gauging Interest Clazzio Seat Covers (custom order). Need 20+ orders

:
2008 Mazda5 GT
Gauging Interest Clazzio Seat Covers (custom order). Need 20+ orders

Anyone interested in nicer seat covers? These are NOT replacements, they go OVER the existing OE seat covers. These Clazzio covers are made in Japan by a company called Eleven International (http://www.11i-usa.com/companyprofile.html). They offer covers for JDM Premacy from ’99-’01 and ‘10+. For whatever the reason they skipped the 2nd Gen Premacy (our 1st Gen Mazda 5). The US distributor is Bean Garage and I’ve been in contact with the owner regarding a possible option for US Mazda5.

Spencer Vliegen
Owner, Bean Garage LLC
spencer@beangarage.com
Office :: 904.697.1557
www.BeanGarage.com

Install videos to show how they go on what the final product looks like.
http://www.youtube.com/user/arai11i?feature=results_main

They are designed to work with chair mounted side air bags.
http://m.youtube.com/#/results?desk...+test&search_query=clazzio+air+bag+test&gl=US

In short, stock options are not available for our model year so we would need at least 20 orders for Clazzio to see it worthwhile to produce. All seats are made of PVC but you get your choice of materials for the insert (parts your body actually touches) to keep cost down. This is the cost for covers on all THREE rows of chairs and includes shipping.

Pricing is as follows:
PVC Insert (perforated): $360
Suede Insert (all suede): $450
Quilted Insert (diamond cross stitching): $450
Leather Insert (perforated): $630

NOTE: this is NOT a group buy discounted price. In fact, there’s not even a sale on the price, unlike existing products which have a $30-$50 sale at the moment. I will be ordering a set for my Fit (all PVC, black outer, perforated ivory inner, and ivory stitching to match my kid’s Recaro seats :D . Can’t wait but I don’t have a choice since it take up to ~10 weeks –yikes! Here's a preview of my choice, obviously not my car https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-snashLi3MdQ/T94I8jjrOHI/AAAAAAAAAXw/h46D4MRTO8I/s903/IMG_0012.JPG. Orders can (and probably will) take up to 8-10 weeks lead time b/c these are custom orders so you choose color for outer, inner (can opt for leather, suede, quilted), and stitching color.

Choices are EXACTLY the same as any other car. For example, clink on the link below for the Fit to see your choice on color, material, and idea of incremantal cost.
http://www.beangarage.com/honda-fit/honda-fit-09/honda-fit-clazzio-seat-covers/

Sample pics.
http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/fit-...t-covers-lets-see-color-combos-out-there.html

So, who wants in?! This is a once only opportunity as I don’t think we’ll get another round of large number of buyers, assuming we have enough interest at all. Think about the easy clean ups from spills, crumbs, and all the dirty kid stuff! You’ll have less dust (try hitting cloth covers during a sunny day and see what comes out), makes the interior 10x nicer (dare I say added resale), and the seat cushions have additional padding for those long drive! They also come with storage packets behind both front chairs.

Once we have 20+ interest, we can then discuss payment terms (the buyers and distributor) we can all agree upon -typically a small NON REFUNDALBE deposit and full payment before the whole order is placed or something inbetween. I don’t want to go there without knowing we have a soft commitment. For the record, I am not getting anything out of this other than pursuing something I’ve always wanted for this car but with a manual (darn you Canucks). Unfortunilay I cannot just go out buy one myself and will need 19+ to do the same. This is the cheapest and nicest option by far. Add you name and choice of insert material, you don't need to post your choice of colors unless you want to. I hope to gift this to myself for XMAS – LOL.

1. Silentnoise713 - PVC
2. phunky.buddha - PVC
3. qcoffey - PVC
4. Marc D - Quilted
5. JovaBear - PVC

EDIT: So I've been informed that one must be an authorized vendor to do a Group Buy. I'm not interested in going there, making any profit, or handling funds so let's see if we have interest first. For all intents and purposes, this is just a Gauging Interest thread b/c nothing exists for us.

Last edited:
Almost 25%. I have doubts we’ll make it to 20 but I thought we’d have more interests since a few have commented how Mazda short shafted US on Sport options and some wanted leather. Where are all the members with proper 5s and like their ride nice and clean? Come on folks. Mz5 is a work horse and these covers will make life a lot easier (to clean and no dust) and comfy for passengers. I plan on getting light gray outer/light gray inner/dark gray stitching. It’s nothing to look at but rather functional to keep the interior cooler and comfy for passengers http://www.fitfreak.net/forums/1123789-post107.html. I want to see someone get quilted inserts; I think they ‘look’ cool but not sure how practical that are. +1 to phunky, my rear end is looking forward to some added padding.

Here’s an update that may very well scare some potential people off but it is fair and full disclosure. I placed the order for the Fit this Monday and was updated that it now takes 12 weeks to process :(. I think they are getting too many custom orders. Hopefully they’ll catch up on their end by the time we (if ever) get enough interest.

For those who’ve seen this post, what’s your opinion? Do you think they cost too much? They do cost more than what I was expecting but for 3 rows of chairs and international shipping, it’s not too bad. Do you think these are unnecessary/excess? Do you prefer cloth? Fit members in AZ said they are not any worst than cloth in direct sunlight, if that matters.

@ Marc D - the covers come WITHOUT cut outs for the arm rest. You need to cut the hole for the arm rest attachment bolt. That's how it is explained for the other cars with arm rests. You'll just get extra arm rest covers that you can't use (or an excuse to fab up a DIY arm rest and make use of them ;))

Last edited:
The cost is great, considering that katzskins or leather interiors.com charge +1000. I don't really need a replacement if the covers do a better job without having to deal with removing the old ones. This is honestly a better solution than replacing seats. I'll try to post on another forum to gauge more interest.

As for what I want, I will be getting the quilted (diamond stitched) inserts. PVC would probably be best.

I added and made some minor corrections to the original post.

The cost is great, considering that katzskins or leather interiors.com charge +1000. I don't really need a replacement if the covers do a better job without having to deal with removing the old ones. This is honestly a better solution than replacing seats. I'll try to post on another forum to gauge more interest.

As for what I want, I will be getting the quilted (diamond stitched) inserts. PVC would probably be best.
Now that I think about it, the quilted may very well be THE most comfy as the diamond patterned stitching creates little pockets of cushion. But I wonder how well it cools?

I briefly looked into katzskins a while back. High quality products but I believe the ~$1,000 price is only for standard 5 seat interior. I think it’ll cost more for 3 rows.

Posted on mocc. Come on guys, these seat covers are a way better value than katskinz or leather seats.com

If the interest falls through, I do know one more Japanese vendor that I can order seat covers for, it's just that getting them will be quite elusive for those can't speak Japanese. Maybe I can scrounge up a deal with them to getting a bulk order made for us here in the states. The only real problem is making sure the second and first row will fit, especially since the premacy is RHD, and has the "karakuri" seat system/center second row seat system.

You can add me to the list!!! PVC - black seats/light grey center/light grey stitching for 2007 model (2thumbs).

You can add me to the list!!! PVC - black seats/light grey center/light grey stitching for 2007 model (2thumbs).
The more the merrier!

Is anyone on the fence? Here's another perspective; considering these are covers (only about 2-3 hrs to put on) they can be easily removed. This means you get to enjoy the comforts and benefits for as long as you own the covers. Come time to sell/trade-in, you can easily remove them (come right off with little effort and no clean up) and sell them back to the community. I'm sure future Mz5 owners would take these up at a discounted price. I really don't see any negative side to these covers but I do realize I really want them so I am very bias.

Only 15 more to go. I highly doubt there'll be a second round of this as most of us are frugal (kids are expensive) else we wouldn't be Mz5 owners.

what will the color options be any other upgrades IE piping etc??? ?? im very interested but want more info before i say in!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
what will the color options be any other upgrades IE piping etc??? ?? im very interested but want more info before i say in!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Did you get to click on the link below? Just pretend you own a Fit. The only different is the price, ours cost more b/c we have 3 rows.

Choices are EXACTLY the same as any other car. For example, click on the link below for the Fit to see your choice on color, material, and idea of incremantal cost.
http://www.beangarage.com/honda-fit/honda-fit-09/honda-fit-clazzio-seat-covers/

Last edited:
So do you think they can get the ball rolling with only 5? I'd like to know, if not, I want to contact another seat vendor about other covers. Planning my next trip back to Japan, I'd like to see if I can ship it home back with me.

So do you think they can get the ball rolling with only 5? I'd like to know, if not, I want to contact another seat vendor about other covers. Planning my next trip back to Japan, I'd like to see if I can ship it home back with me.
Negative. I previously asked if we can do 10-15 the first round and the answer is no. They need 20 orders.

Doh. Euro boards maybe?
You are welcome to post on Euro boards. Do you know any? I know there's a large (relatively speaking) Mz5 group in Taiwan but I don't know their site; not that I can read it either.

Here's another idea. The manufacturer has a US branch here: 2675 Skypark Drive Suite 201 Torrance CA 90505. Anyone local with good negotiation/persuasive skills who can make it happen :D

Alternatively, we can also individually send a mail to the manufacturer to give them the 'impression' that there is a demand for it so they would make it :D
"We are adding more vehicles all the time based on the customers' requests."

More pics from the manufacturer.
http://www.11i-usa.com/photogallery.html

You are welcome to post on Euro boards. Do you know any? I know there's a large (relatively speaking) Mz5 group in Taiwan but I don't know their site; not that I can read it either.

Here's another idea. The manufacturer has a US branch here: 2675 Skypark Drive Suite 201 Torrance CA 90505. Anyone local with good negotiation/persuasive skills who can make it happen :D

Alternatively, we can also individually send a mail to the manufacturer to give them the 'impression' that there is a demand for it so they would make it :D
"We are adding more vehicles all the time based on the customers' requests."

More pics from the manufacturer.
http://www.11i-usa.com/photogallery.html

I'll look around for other forums- I don't know of any offhand though. I might be able to read some of the Chinese/Taiwanese forums, but my car specific lingo is pretty lacking.

I wouldn't really want to create fake interest- once you do something like that, it's just a slippery backwards slope to fall/slide back down if one tiny little thing goes wrong. For the price I'd probably just drop in a nice set of comfortable Corbeaus if/when I need to tune up the seats.

Well, this doesn't look like it is going to happen anytime soon, LOL. I had my doubts too but didin't think we'd come up this short. I think some are put off by the total price without really understanding what/how much they are getting in return. These covers will transform the interior to an upper trim for very litte money. Also, some may not realize but without going into upper end of premeium cars, most use faux leather interior anyway... Ask 3 seriers owenrs (most prob don't know).

I'll look around for other forums- I don't know of any offhand though. I might be able to read some of the Chinese/Taiwanese forums, but my car specific lingo is pretty lacking.

I wouldn't really want to create fake interest- once you do something like that, it's just a slippery backwards slope to fall/slide back down if one tiny little thing goes wrong. For the price I'd probably just drop in a nice set of comfortable Corbeaus if/when I need to tune up the seats.

Here's the link to the Taiwan Mz5s so they exist. I did 'once' come across what looks like a German Mazda5 site where the owner replace every in-cabin light with LEDs. It was one of the best LED conversions I've seen. Again, could not read the site and can't find it again either (via google).
http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/show...-of-Taiwan-M5-Society-Events&highlight=taiwan

I'm not saying create 'fake' interest. Rather, show that we do have a following and that 'you' have an interest. There's never any obligation. Also, assuming we have 20, some will flake due to fiancial or whatever reasons. As the car age and interior gets worn, more deman will crop up but I may not be around that long...

Back