heated mirrors on touring

icedone

:
cx 5 touring AWD
I was loking at my mirrors and they are identical to the grand touring outside,I looked inside the grand and did not see a switch,well the should come on with the rear defrost,I joked with the mech. at my dealer and mentioned they look identical and its prob just a jumper to get them working,she smiled and said maybe but I cannot tell you that.Anyone know if there is a relay or a fuse(other than the 7.5 in left side kick panel)that can be added to make them work?

Icedone,

Interesting, I will look into this with my Touring as well, if I can find the time to run my multimeter over it.... If anyone has any wiring diagrams for the Touring or the GT, that would obviously help....

It looks like the Part Numbers for the manuals are as follows:

9999-95-033B-13 2013 WORKSHOP MANUAL

9999-95-076G-13 2013 WIRING DIAGRAM

I will have to see how much these are tomorrow at my Mazda dealership......

Last edited:
You sure these are the part numbers?
Just looked at a few part sites and the part numbers are not found..

Those numbers are for the manuals for the CX-5, not parts.... I will let you know how much they are, if they are available to us knuckle dragging drivers..... They were in the back of the pdf owners manual.

when I looked at them they were the same size,shape,and construction on the outer body and base,no extra def switch anywhere.I looked in the fuse box on the left kick and there is a fuse in it(right row forth from bottom,7.5 fuse),did pull it to see it does have the circuit in it and fuse is not a dummy.Be nice if we could get these working for the $ we paid.as for the parts sites I look down the list and I did not see a listing for heated and non heated,so might be the same.As for the manuals,dodge and gm dealer told me,when looking for my monte guide.told me they will only let you see those after 1st year but that might just have been the dealer.

I've called a few dealers about the workshop manuals.
3 said they are not for sale yet

1 said he would sell to me, and to call him. left a voice mail he never called me back!
$210 for OEM workshop manual

didn't get a price for the wiring manual

I will have to check with friends to extend to their friend and coworkes and see if any of them might work at a mazda dealer or garage that might have them

Got tied up myself today, I did not think they would be cheap, good information seldom is.... I will let you know what I find.

I went by my local dealership today, they stated that it was not in their system yet ( electrical manual) , so they could not even get me a price...... they did however state that the manuals like this are generally over $150, but that they were worth it, same ones their techs use. The parts person also did not think that the mirrors were different ( stated it was possibly just ordering the connector for the GT to wire the mirror ) but their system was down and they could not look it up....NUTS... oh well I will stop back some other time....

ok a friend found out that some imports have different glass in the mirrors that make heated and some just dont hook it up heated,50/50 chance.He was not sure of mazda thou will have to look behind mirror.He was 90% sure that they ran the wiring to the door harness located behind the kick panels cause almost all imports use the same wiring for all models so just might be replacing the glass and plugging in.

Ask the dealer for the Part number for the mirror assembly.
If they ask if it's for a GT or Touring, you'll know if there is a difference.

sorry got tied up.I tried to ask the dealer and they gave 1 BUT they also know I have a touring so might just looked for that.I was introduced to the eastern us manager that works for mazda and asked him and he gave a shoulder shrug.I guess will have to wait for either the replacment parts to become public avail or the release the service manuals..

I have been busy with some other things, and am waiting for the manuals to hit the dealerships, will let you know if I find it out. If anyone else gets a line on the manuals, let us know.

on a separate forum thread discussing online info, i came across this page showing the wiring of the defrosted mirrors. you have to turn off javascript on your browser to view the content:
http://am.mazdaserviceinfo.com/emazda/dealersystem/service/esi/en_us/SH/2013/CX5/mv/books/mvw09/html/id091200012100.html

the page appears to show that the same type of side view mirrors are used regardless of model with an integrated defrosting filament.

according to the wiring diagrams on both the manual and full auto air condition system, an "m.def 7.5a fuse" is all that connects the mirrors with the rear defroster.

i checked the fusebox in the lower kick panel and it does appear that the fuse is already in place in my touring.

someone might want to verify this fuse and test to see if the side mirror defrosters work. if that's the case it's already an undocumented feature.

Back