hockeyryans build thread

hockeyryan

:
2002 p5
hey so i have started working and doing stuff to my pro5 so i thought y not show them (im alittle bit of a pic *****)
what it looked like when i picked it up 3 weeks ago
2012-07-28145715.jpg

2012-07-28145733.jpg

first thing was cat back exhaust (ebay one)
it sounds nice i think and it was all bolt in. the only thing i dont like is the 4" tip
2012-08-03195705.jpg

a week later and i did my cold air intake.
this i thought was gonna be easy. untill i read the part that you need to take off the bumper... being as lazy as i am i said f that and i popped of the pop caps on the wheel well and slid the cone through there. btw i did new laser platinum spark plugs (i dont have pics of that part ahaha)

before
2012-08-11113939.jpg

after
ahh move room :D
2012-08-12164654.jpg

and yesterday i picked up a cheap set of rims n tires for 300
rims are konigs and the tires have 70% left (headbang)

before
2012-08-12164646.jpg

after (ill get a better pic later)
2012-08-12164706.jpg

thats all for now.

next is tinted windows and sub and paint interior parts

Up to date check list
Red= Done
Cold air intake
Cat back

Valve cover
Lower
New Rims
New Rims after lowering
Tint/ Black out Lights
Tint windows
Front lip
Body work
Sub and amp
Paint interior

Last edited:
Looking good so far, have you considered tin and/or black/projector headlights?

I ass well am subbed...I think there is like 10 current pro 5 build threads right now its crazy but yet none of you live close to me
-.-"

i might do projector headlights but i dont really want to spend a couple hundred on them... i might just do hids but im not sure yet. i also might tint the rear tail lights and paint the calapers (idk what colour though) opinions black or red?

i might do projector headlights but i dont really want to spend a couple hundred on them... i might just do hids but im not sure yet. i also might tint the rear tail lights and paint the calapers (idk what colour though) opinions black or red?

I would go with black. My personal opinion, but red is reserved for ricers and fast cars.

wahh but I was going to do mines red :/ lol my car is red tho lol

yah i was thinking red originally but i thought it would look weird with me somewhat blacking out ahaha i was also thinking maybe a a dark grey or the black ahaha. so i have a question for the ppl who have painted their calapers. is it easier to brush on or spray on? im not the greatest on masking.

some updates... no pics though
so since October I have been putting most of my money towards my ranger (sasing it) the protge5 hasn't got much love. But that's gonna change since I thought id take some money out of the ranger project and put it towards the car.
What has been done
friend backed into me.... So it looks like I will be getting some bodywork done
sub is installed. rockford amp and sony explode sub (yesterday)

Plans
a friend is picking up some lowering coils for me tomorrow (rockon) soooo since my current tires wont fit when lowered ill be swapping on my old stock ones till I find new ones.
ill be ordering a front bumper lip when I find one ahaha
probably going to pick up some hids
Tint rear lights and black out fronts
Also if I can find some Id like to find some yellow fog light covers (Soo if anyone knows where I can get some that would be great)

That's all for now

Back