UK Mz2 Sport

neon1024

:
2009 Mazda 2 Sport
Cleaned, clayed and waxed the old girl the other week. Fitted some cheapo eyelids from ebay and threw on a stubby aerial.

For those wondering, it's an Autoexe aerial which I bought from Corksport a long time ago, and yes, the reception is diabolical. Glad I have an iPod ;)

You're lucky to have this model, woukd trade my US model for a UK model in a heartbeat

i agree. The 3 door Mazda 2 is very good looking. If i had the option i would have purchased one.

Very nice neon1024. You have everything us American's want most on the 2. Projector headlights, angry front bumper, better looking rear bumper and of course 2 doors. Lucky you. ;) Just makes me wonder why Mazda couldn't have just sold the 4 and 2 door versions. Come on.....

Very nice Neon.. Whenever I get the money, I'm going to buy a UKDM/EDM front bumper.. hopefully will have that by the end of this year. So much better looking than the smiley.

Am I the only person who likes the 4 door, and NADM rear bumper? I think the rest of world rear bumpers look way to small, which in turn makes the 2 look way too small.

Am I the only person who likes the 4 door, and NADM rear bumper? I think the rest of world rear bumpers look way to small, which in turn makes the 2 look way too small.

I'm a fan of having 4 doors (on a hatchback, though the Demio sedans are surprisingly sexy), but I prefer the JDM rear bumper...the slim profile seems to flow better with the rest of the car to me.

Very nice Neon.. Whenever I get the money, I'm going to buy a UKDM/EDM front bumper.. hopefully will have that by the end of this year. So much better looking than the smiley.

I personally think the JDM rear bumper is a better design and to be honest i didn't notice it was smaller. The square hole for the license plate? Terrible. Where as the JDM version has a nice fluid design for the license plate. Man, don't get me started on this. :)

The JDM taillights are also a better design. The US version just seems like it was watered down with a cheaper design to make it more affordable. In fact i know it was. It's obvious by the lack of options we have compared to the rest of the world. They made it as cheap as possible just for us, the American's. Even Thailand gets Projector Headlights.

I absolutely hate those rear bumpers with a passion.. it looks way too short and chopped off. If the JDM ones look the the Euro ones, than No thank you.. not for me. And my tail lights look nice now since they're "Red'd out". Projector headlights are very nice though.

This is what the rear looks like. I don't seem to have an actual shot anywhere.

Rear_Bumper_Sports_Trim_large.jpg

I absolutely hate those rear bumpers with a passion.. it looks way too short and chopped off. If the JDM ones look the the Euro ones, than No thank you.. not for me. And my tail lights look nice now since they're "Red'd out". Projector headlights are very nice though.

To each his own but the difference in the rear bumper size is pretty miniscule.

massive-mazda2-gallery_100220494_m.jpg
image.axd

Last edited:
I bought the AutoExe aerial from Corksport, and it was totally painless. Even with the shipping to the UK!

Back