Air Conditioning Button Randomly Working, Not Working, Working, Rinse and Repeat?

sarawr

:
Mazdaspeed Protege
Hi, everyone! I'm on my second MSP (I'm a glutton for punishment, apparently!) and am having a strange issue with my air conditioning - I've had this issue on BOTH my MSPs.

2003.5 (also happened on my 2003 model) - Air conditioning button will randomly not work. It was working perfectly up until about two months ago, and now when I press the A/C button it won't light up or produce cold air. However when I press on the console, it works. When I hold the A/C button down, it works. It won't function for about a day or two, then I'll randomly hit it and lo and behold, it works again. A week goes by and it stops working. Then it works again. Luckily I'm in the "it works again!" phase, but who knows what will happen when I turn the car on after work.

Has anyone else had this issue? How can I resolve it? Thanks in advance. :)

There's a write up on how to fix it. Look up flashing AC light. The problem is the connection isn't tight enough anymore around the switch leads. Easy fix and won't cost you anything. Worked for me!

There's a write up on how to fix it. Look up flashing AC light. The problem is the connection isn't tight enough anymore around the switch leads. Easy fix and won't cost you anything. Worked for me!

Aha! Thank you, I looked for a write up before posting but I guess just didn't look in the right place. Thanks again for the help, guys.

Back