Blind spots... Big problem for short people??

JLDobs

:
'13 CX-5 Touring AWD, '09 Tacoma, '06 Mazda3
Anybody noticing the blind sports are worse for short drivers? I have my cx5 on order it's always been a concern of mine. I am 5ft tall.

I dont think size matters. Blind spots are a result of drivers not adjusting their mirrors properly. With a properly adjusted mirror, there shouldn't be any blind spots.

Mine has a power drivers seat that allows a short driver plenty of adjustment. My wife is 5' 2", no problem found w/ CX-5.

Agreed, mirror adjustments are important.

Yeah my wife is 5'1" or 5'2" also. Any blind spot issues in the CX-5 wouldn't have much to do with height. All cars require you to follow common sense driving habits like signaling, using your properly adjusted mirrors, and looking back (turning your head) to check for cars.

With the CX-5 I thought my wife to do all of the above plus use the BSM (blind spot monitoring) located on the mirrors.

+1 on proper mirror adjustment. Make sure in the mirrors you are not looking at the sides of your car. If you are then you need to push them out further. Not even once have I had a problem with blind spots and the BSM does help in tricky situations.

I always push my mirrors as far out as I can on the sides. Rear view mirror allows me to see out the back and side mirrors allow me to see all cars on the side up to the point the car is next to my drivers window where I can see the car itself. Makes lane changes very safe.

Back