Dash lights dimming

WNJ

:
CX-5 2.2D (175PS) AWD Manual Sport-NAV + Safety Pack
How do you stop the dash lights and centre console touch screen from dimming whenever the headlights come on /are switched on?
It is starting to really annoy me as the dash display can become unreadable when the lights come on doing the day for whatever reason and also I like to have a bright dashboard at night!

Any suggestions?

How do you stop the dash lights and centre console touch screen from dimming whenever the headlights come on /are switched on?
It is starting to really annoy me as the dash display can become unreadable when the lights come on doing the day for whatever reason and also I like to have a bright dashboard at night!

Any suggestions?

if u go to setup, go to display tab. Your brightness is set on auto. put it on day. This way it will stay that bright at night too. I had to change this setting too because it was too dim at night

Any suggestions?

dont use auto mode on the headlights

You can also twist the trip milage button to vary the dimmer adjustment.

if u go to setup, go to display tab. Your brightness is set on auto. put it on day. This way it will stay that bright at night too. I had to change this setting too because it was too dim at night

Thanks, keeping the display on Day does stop it from dimming but i would still like it to use the Night colours on the satnav when dark. If there is no alternative then setting Day permanently may be the lesser of two evils!

dont use auto mode on the headlights

It doesn't matter if use auto headlights or not. If you turn the headlights on manually it does the same thing.

You can also twist the trip milage button to vary the dimmer adjustment.

I will give this a go the next time i am out when is dark, thanks, hopefully this will work! Otherwise i will have to resort to mike786's suggestion and just keep it on Day setting.

Thank you all for your suggestions.

On the dimmer adjustment, if you turn it to the beep sound (to cancel illumination dimmer) it will stay bright, you'll need to readjust it back down a little to reactivate it to dim.

You can set the dash lighting level for when the lights are on and off.
Adjust the dash level you desire with the lights on or off. It should retain the level you set it to for that headlight setting.

Turn the trip reset control. It's the black knob sticking out from your speedo area.
Page 4-11 in your owners manual.

The reason for the light adjusting is for night driving. Ideally for low lighting areas, such as country roads, or poorly light city steets you want your in car lighting dimmer to reduce strain in your eyes and improve you vision in the dark.

I wish the dash lighting control was by the TCS, TPMS buttons So I would have to reach though the steering wheel.

On the dimmer adjustment, if you turn it to the beep sound (to cancel illumination dimmer) it will stay bright, you'll need to readjust it back down a little to reactivate it to dim.

You can set the dash lighting level for when the lights are on and off.
Adjust the dash level you desire with the lights on or off. It should retain the level you set it to for that headlight setting.

Turn the trip reset control. It's the black knob sticking out from your speedo area.
Page 4-11 in your owners manual.

The reason for the light adjusting is for night driving. Ideally for low lighting areas, such as country roads, or poorly light city steets you want your in car lighting dimmer to reduce strain in your eyes and improve you vision in the dark.

I wish the dash lighting control was by the TCS, TPMS buttons So I would have to reach though the steering wheel.

Thank you both. Twisting the trip reset adjusts the dash lighting fine, I have it now turned up to just before the beep as if I set it past the beep and completely cancel the dimming then the navigation does not switch to night mode which I would still like it to do! It seems the night mode on navigation is activated when the dash lights dim which cannot happen if the dimming is switched off.... well at least it's better than it was!

Thank you all.

Back