HELP! - Shocks and Struts

lfong33

:
2002 Mazda Protege 5 HB
SO... I just recently took my car to a local machanic of a family friends and he replaced:

Timing belt, water pump, front shocks and struts, front pads and roters all for $900.

However... I still hear the same noise and still feel like my shocks and struts are bad. Im not too familiar with cars and parts or the quality. Im looking to get a good set of shocks or struts that can handle some medium-rough riding and will last. (colored would be great).

Any ideas? P.S - I lived in the low mainland, Vancouver.

how is your tire wear? are they good quality tires? are they low profile tires? tires can play a pretty big part in road noise. if it's a creaking or clunking noise it could be your sway bar bushings or endlinks. and tokico blues will take a beating just be prepared to pay a bit more for them

stock rims and the treads on the set of tires are poor, Im looking to get new aftermarket rims and tires as soon as i figure out my shock and strut situation

I replaced my strts with blues back in '06ish i think and they are still rockin.....most likly endlinks if you hear clunking

I just hear a squeeky noise after every pump or when starting in first gear. Looking to see how much it would be to upgrade to something decent.

Front or rear swaybar bushings. Jack the car up and spray some white lithium grease on the bushings. It will help and it's something you can do yourself. I usually grease the rear 2 twice a year before and after winter

yea i dont think it would be your struts making such noise that you have describe so far.

can you be more descriptive?

Back