The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

What is preventing you, if you don't mind my asking?

If your talking to me, it's multiple things. Stuff like time, distance, money, and a car. Yes I have my six but its my only car. So something happens I'm screwed.

If your talking to me, it's multiple things. Stuff like time, distance, money, and a car. Yes I have my six but its my only car. So something happens I'm screwed.

Taters, if you asked someone in the group and offer to pay their entry fee, buy them lunch and gas I am sure you can be someone's co-driver if you offer to cover expenses.

Taters, if you asked someone in the group and offer to pay their entry fee, buy them lunch and gas I am sure you can be someone's co-driver if you offer to cover expenses.

How much would that be? An it would have to be an automatic unfortunately.

Not many guys race with an auto. Maybe 5 people out of 150 do and are usually a beater car or old person driving a vette. You're not going to have much luck finding one. Usually a days expences with fee, gas, food, beer (after :) ) runs around $70-$80.

And you don't have to drive your car flat out. You can still have fun while doing it at your own pace you feel comfortable with. It's only less than a minute on the course and I'm willing to bet your run your 6 harder on the street than you would have on the course the first time. I was super nervous my first time but it's a ton of fun. At least come out and watch, you'll get hooked. :)

And you don't have to drive your car flat out. You can still have fun while doing it at your own pace you feel comfortable with. It's only less than a minute on the course and I'm willing to bet your run your 6 harder on the street than you would have on the course the first time. I was super nervous my first time but it's a ton of fun. At least come out and watch, you'll get hooked. :)

I need too do something. I drive my truck all week and I have to stay good in it cause of an on board computer, and at the end of the week I just wanna go. But I can't afford tickets with a cdl

Plus autocross isn't all that hard on equipment. And the risk of damage via contacting something is extremely low for most venues.

OVR SCCA just released their schedule. It has been added to the main post. :)

Yep, I'm actually leaning towards going to the ProSolo.

I just made the national events bold so they are easier to pick out.

I'm gonna get my ass kicked, but me too

I'm hoping to have the Miata to a somewhat competitive state in STS by then. All I really need is new tires and sway bars to be about 80% to a fully prepped STS car.

As much as I like running the Prosolo's I think that we should run the Wilmington National tour if I bring the RX-7 and Marlon and Lauri codrive Spicy and Pablo and Corey bring there MSP's we could loadup FP and some of us could walk away with some money from mazdaspeed $ 250 for 1st , $125 for second 5 cars min. in class.
Hoosier 1st = 2 tires ,2nd = 1 tire 5 cars in class.
Kumho $300 for 1st, $200 for second, $150 for third in Kumho voucher money 5 car min. in class.

Its ALOT more difficult to get out of race tire class to get into the finals.

As much as I like running the Prosolo's I think that we should run the Wilmington National tour if I bring the RX-7 and Marlon and Lauri codrive Spicy and Pablo and Corey bring there MSP's we could loadup FP and some of us could walk away with some money from mazdaspeed $ 250 for 1st , $125 for second 5 cars min. in class.
Kumho $300 for 1st, $200 for second, $150 for third in Kumho voucher money 5 car min. in class.

Marcc, I am liking that

Does my car qualify for FP with all of the stuff on it. I would have to look at the rules.

Back