The Ohio Auto-X and Track Event chat thread

Well looks like high 70's and rain is supposed to hold off until 4pm on Sunday so we might just be in the clear!

Muhaha, my dad is coming with me for the June 1st Mid-Ohio AutoInterests event so I'll get to strap him into the passenger seat and scare the s*** out of him on track.

But he's go even worse anxiety than me so everyone be nice when meeting him. haha

Very odd looking coarse it didn't look like it had any flow at all. How did you guys like it?

It really didn't flow at all. Lots of downshifting into 1st. It was nice not having to work and getting 6 runs in and getting out of there by noon, though

Yeah, the course was craptastic. It was even tighter before we complained it was too tight. Fatty barely even fit through the course. But it was their first event and they were very nice fellows and open to suggestions and course layout.

Next event is July 5th and I plan on running with a fellow in an Eclipse GSX in SM so it should be fun.

twss?

Oh, and next NEOhio SCCA event at Lakeland is June 28th.

Last edited:
Mid-Ohio wrap up: how did everyone do?

Thanks again to Will, Marc and Pablo for the ride alongs and advice/instruction.

I think the clutch is bad I started to strip down the car today. Trans should be out tomorrow.

That would be soooo much better/easier if it's just the clutch. If you need a hand let me know, buddy.

Dead thread is dead.

Lakeland auto-x this Sunday. Looks like Marc, Pablo and I are going (if it doesn't rain).

As some of you may already know, Marlon and THE Will Dodd along with Marc Porschke are Instructors with NASA so come out and join us for a fun and educational time for a HyperDrive (to get your feet wet, or should I say your tires warmed up) or HPDE 1 so you can learn your car's limits and be able to go fast in a safe setting.

wwwwhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh .... blowing off the cobwebs!!!!!!!!!!!!!

my gf's son (he's like a nephew to me) is 19, recently bought a '94 Miata and LOVES it (has a Subie WRX too) and I'd like to get him into Autox. Is there one last event with NEO SCCA this month? or anywhere else relatively close? if not, it's on to Hyperdrive with NASA. Givin' him the bug ; ) zoom~zoom!

Thanks guys! Hope everyone's doing well!!!

Back