North America CX5 Owners: Would you trade-in your current gas SUV for a diesel one?

If would buy a MAZDA CX-5 Diesel right, no waiting!! tired of cars/trucks that are under-powered with so-so MPG.. Mazda please bring Diesels here and you will make lots of $$$!!

Would I? Absolutely. But, seeing as my wife drives the CX-5, the potential for gasoline ending up in its gas tank would be very...high.

So, it is not an option.

I thought about this and my answer is no. Just not worth it. I purchased this vehicle to commute and daily drive. For those reasons it is almost perfect. More power would certainly be nice however there is a myth with diesel longevity and the exhaust stinks. To top it off here in southern California diesel is about 15% more expensive than gasoline/petrol. Ultimately I think it would mean roughly $5-7k for more power for my not-really-meant-for-sport daily driver

I love the way diesels perform... great mileage and torque while the engine is barely reving, but after reading recent posts about fuel getting into the crankcase, I'll need more proof that the engine is built to last. Perhaps Inodes could weigh in on this topic.

Back