jumping to next folder on USB

am I missing something or is there no way to just jump forward a folder when using the USB drive for music?

It has 3 different ways to move forward or back a song but no single button to move forward to the next folder. There's the Scan >>| buttons on the right, the knob on the right and the >>| button on the touch screen that will go to the next song. The only way I've found to change folders is to go to the folder list and then scroll through all the folders until you find the next one (since the list doesn't start with showing you where you are already).

And to make it even more silly, if you use the buttons to move to the last song in the folder and then tell it to go one more song forward it goes back to the first song in the folder you were already in. The only way to get it to go to the next folder from there is to listen to the last song, then when it is done it moves on to the next folder.

Please tell me I'm missing some easy way to do this.

am I missing something or is there no way to just jump forward a folder when using the USB drive for music?

It has 3 different ways to move forward or back a song but no single button to move forward to the next folder. There's the Scan >>| buttons on the right, the knob on the right and the >>| button on the touch screen that will go to the next song. The only way I've found to change folders is to go to the folder list and then scroll through all the folders until you find the next one (since the list doesn't start with showing you where you are already).

And to make it even more silly, if you use the buttons to move to the last song in the folder and then tell it to go one more song forward it goes back to the first song in the folder you were already in. The only way to get it to go to the next folder from there is to listen to the last song, then when it is done it moves on to the next folder.

Please tell me I'm missing some easy way to do this.

This is exactly how I see it too...and its rather annoying since I usually skip the last track since they usually suck. I wish there was a way...

This is exactly how I see it too...and its rather annoying since I usually skip the last track since they usually suck. I wish there was a way...

yeah, I'm really noticing now that the last tracks do suck. On the plus side I just figured out if I hold the >>| button on the side of the unit down it will fast forward so I can get to the end of that song faster. I still wonder how they ended up with 3 ways to move songs forward and didn't think anyone would want to move forward a folder.

maybe if enough of us complain at mymazda.com they will fix it. Not sure if they could have an update to ours but at least the people that buy the 2014 might have it :)

i wholeheartedly agree with going to mymazda and complaining, (headbang)
us usb drive users got short changed, no playlist support, no sorting/playing by id3 tags, and very fickle mp3 playback(if you run mp3gain on your files you can't "track back" anymore (bang) ), yet the white corded mafia has much greater support....

they could easily fix it with a firmware update once they coded in the new functions/settings, just need enough people to say something to convince them to add the functionality then load it thru a download onto cd or usb drive

my worry is that if they weren't smart enough to put folder up, folder down buttons then were they smart enough to make it something that can be updated?

Back