Introducing the All-New 2014 Mazda6

Mazda6 sedan looks nice, any more pics? (instead of more Sonata and FF pics, I don't need to squint)

nothing technically official yet, until the moscow auto show at the end of the month.

Updated my original post with the latest photo...

Latest Photos
* Below is a look at the production wagon model destined for Europe
2014_Mazda6_Wagon.jpg

And here's the video where one can see more details from almost every angle:

Great find...Thanks for the heads up!

Interesting to see not only a much closer look at the new Mazda6 but also a look into an internal Mazda ceremony. Also nice to see the Boss Man mention "ZOOM-ZOOM" and he seems to like dropping keywords in English. Mazda is definitely showcasing a united front with Employees from various levels of the Company present and participating in the Ceremony. (rockon)

I told my local dealer (where the Mrs bought the CX5) that I want the FIRST Mazda 6 they receive! Has great looks/appealing specs w/o sacrificing your wallet!

I heard it is supposed to be timed the same way as the CX-5, but in 2013.

I may be wrong though

Thanks, I'll keep an eye out for more info.

IMO, looks like the new Fusion and Mazda6 will be the top 2 in this class from a styling standpoint.

Just heard this from someone who works at Mazda concerning the Takeri and upcoming Rotaries, can someone confirm any of this?

"The Takeri has a skyactiv 4 and skyactiv 6 engine. It will be released in summer of 13 as a 2014 model. its been confirmed and i have all the info on it. This car will be in the US in 9 months! The new rotary's just got patents 4 days ago. one is a twin rotary diesel."

Just heard this from someone who works at Mazda concerning the Takeri and upcoming Rotaries, can someone confirm any of this?

"The Takeri has a skyactiv 4 and skyactiv 6 engine. It will be released in summer of 13 as a 2014 model. its been confirmed and i have all the info on it. This car will be in the US in 9 months! The new rotary's just got patents 4 days ago. one is a twin rotary diesel."

^^^^^^^^ I hope someone can confirm that................

Syactiv-6? i'm doubtful. i think we will get the 4-cylinder gas engine as standard, and the diesel as an option.

I can tell you that Mazdas24/7 will be the first to see the the unveiling of the new SpeedSource GX Skyactiv D..obviously it has to do with the 6 with a twist..........So once the L A Auto show hits, we will see the unveiling live.

I can tell you that Mazdas24/7 will be the first to see the the unveiling of the new SpeedSource GX Skyactiv D..obviously it has to do with the 6 with a twist..........So once the L A Auto show hits, we will see the unveiling live.

looking forward to THAT announcement!

Awesome! PMing for details...:D

Too good to be true. I heard from many sources that the 6 will be only available with 4 bangers. Twin rotary diesel would be very interesting though.

I've been trying to think of how they would actually do a rotary diesel. The average diesel compression, and force of the combustion would send apex seals as we know them straight out of the exhaust. Unless they were to use low compression and still utilize spark plugs to assist in combustion. There are other companies who make diesel rotary engines for generators and things like that, which work using that method. Would be interesting to say the least, but by no means as efficient as a real diesel, and you'd still need a regular fuel like gasoline or LPG in order to start it initially.

Last edited:
Back