Bypass for Indash DVD Player

Wildcat1

:
2003 P5
So I bought a XDVD3201 Dual DVD Player. One cant just ground the parking brake wire to the chasis like they have been able to on the past. Dont waste your money on a bypass relay on ebay. Fix it yourself for just a few bucks. All you need is a 2 post toggle switch.

Headunit Yellow Blue wire~~~~~~~~~~~Toggle//Switch~~~~~~~~~~~~Body Chasis.

Once the DVD is put in the player you will get a caution screen. Switch the toggle On-Off-On, the DVD will start to play. I wired mine with the toggle in the glove box, wire grounded on the bar just behind the box on the left.

Hope this helps someone who is not certain on how to wire it. I had read people trying codes and buying an automatic relay. Deal is the relay wont work because if your driving down the road, you have to turn it on-off-on-off. If your parked it is just on-off-on...The relay just breaks the connection once. The codes I have tried dont work on the 3201.

do i have to do it every time, i put a dvd if the car is not on park

do i have to do it every time, i put a dvd if the car is not on park?

And my other question is if i do not want to bypass it just normal installation other then using the wire-harness anything else needed. please let me know.

thank you

So I bought a XDVD3201 Dual DVD Player. One cant just ground the parking brake wire to the chasis like they have been able to on the past. Dont waste your money on a bypass relay on ebay. Fix it yourself for just a few bucks. All you need is a 2 post toggle switch.

Headunit Yellow Blue wire~~~~~~~~~~~Toggle//Switch~~~~~~~~~~~~Body Chasis.

Once the DVD is put in the player you will get a caution screen. Switch the toggle On-Off-On, the DVD will start to play. I wired mine with the toggle in the glove box, wire grounded on the bar just behind the box on the left.

Hope this helps someone who is not certain on how to wire it. I had read people trying codes and buying an automatic relay. Deal is the relay wont work because if your driving down the road, you have to turn it on-off-on-off. If your parked it is just on-off-on...The relay just breaks the connection once. The codes I have tried dont work on the 3201.

Yeah, you would need to flip the toggle switch everytime. You may want to try to automatic relay. I do know for a fact it wont work with all DVD players. Btw, if you bought the Dual DVD player, send it back of you can. I had mine for a month and it was nothing but trouble. I forked out a lil more money and got a Pioneer.

Back