Anyone Else Have Trouble Filling the 2 w/ Gas (???)

EconoBox

:
2012 Mazda Mazda2 Touring MT
I really hate the way the gas nozzle fits/goes into the Mazda2. It forces you to put it in only one way (like a rigid Christian woman who's sole reason to have sex is to procreate) and then there's no wiggle room whatsoever. I've filled my tank twice now and each time the pump (different gas stations) stopped on me like 5 or 6 times. I've NEVER had this problem with any other cars before and I've owned a handful!

Anyone else have similar problems fueling?

How can I remedy this?

I just hold the handle at the pump and only stick the nozzle about 1/2 way in. As small as our tanks are a fill doesn't take very long.

I'm able to set it and forget it. No issues here....

Why would you need wiggle room? Just stick it in how she likes and stay there.

YES! It's quite annoying. About 50% of fill-ups it will shut off prematurely. And then there's the previously mentioned (in another thread) issue of the gas light starting to blink when there's over three gallons left in the tank. The most mine's ever taken was a tad over 8 gallons. If I fill up shortly after the blinking starts it will always take less than 8 gallons.

Mine always shuts off early. I put an extra $5 or so after it kicks off (I know its probably not good idea) but I can get an extra 2 gallons in sometimes. It really helps when I can get 10 gallons in instead of 8 because instead of the gauge going down a notch almost immediately it takes 50 miles or so. I think the fact that it kicks off early is why it only takes 8 gallons to fill the tank from empty, the pump is simply kicking off too soon, rather than the car's gauge being pessimistic.

I have never had a problem filling up the shop 2. Stick it in and go ,lol

Derrick

Filled up again yesterday....this problem is definately annoying! After three clicks it STILL didn't fill up all the way. I shouldn't have to keep going until the fuel is overflowing. Seems to be a legitimate problem that effects many (but not all) vehicles from what I see here. I will try and see if mazda can fix it when I have time, and if so they should put out a TSB for this.

took it in this week, mechanic found no problems, and of course it filled up just fine when they tried it

I had the issue as well, you just gotta learn the "feel" of it, and it'll stop happening. I just don't stick the nozzle in as far as it'll go, gotta find the sweet spot.

As I live in NJ, it's not always me who sticks the gas nozzle into the tank. And yet, never had any problems, neither I nor any of the station attendants.

never had a problem with filling my tank up, the first time i ever filled up though i was about to put 10 gallons or so.

Did my fourth fuel up... shut off on me 6X before I filled up the tank. I can't figure it out. I've NEVER had this issue with any other cars. : (

Did my fourth fuel up... shut off on me 6X before I filled up the tank. I can't figure it out. I've NEVER had this issue with any other cars. : (

Bring it in to mazda and see if they can figure it out. Perhaps you'll have more luck than I did. They need to know this is an issue, and take care of it. Probably deserves a TSB.

Back