Blown speaker's.

Exspeedaway

:
Mazda CX5 dark grey
I have a GS awd CX5 and the 2 front speaker's are blown already.
Never been hard on them and only have 2 1/2 month's on it.
Dealer ordered them and will change the 2 front speaker's at no charge and no arguing.
Happen to anyone else??

my front passenger speaker is buzzing, but only at certain frequencies, its not constant so I am not sure if its blown or halfway there...

my front passenger speaker is buzzing, but only at certain frequencies, its not constant so I am not sure if its blown or halfway there...

That's exactly what mine did, so i asked them to check and they told me it was gone and had to order them.

Try adjusting the speaker one at the time and you will clearly hear them buzz, the 2 front one have to be change.

Yes, my front tweeter up on the dash on the driver side has crackled and popped since we drove it home from the dealer. Haven't done anything about it yet, though.

My Speed 6 also has Bose sound. The same tweeter (but it is located just in front of the a pillar) blew on my MS6 perhaps only weeks after I bought it new. The passenger side maybe 2 years later went. And I honestly don't listen to music very loudly...

Is it a Bose thing?

Yes, my front tweeter up on the dash on the driver side has crackled and popped since we drove it home from the dealer. Haven't done anything about it yet, though.

My Speed 6 also has Bose sound. The same tweeter (but it is located just in front of the a pillar) blew on my MS6 perhaps only weeks after I bought it new. The passenger side maybe 2 years later went. And I honestly don't listen to music very loudly...

Is it a Bose thing?

I had a boss in my SPeed3 but in my CX5 it's the normal sound system.

The stock speakers are pretty weak, and the tweeter will go first. The full range on the door is only good for midbass. i play around with it for quite a bit when i installed my jbl ms8. And i have experience with oem speakers from toyota, mitsubishi, vw etc, and the mazda cx5 speakers are the weakest in my experiemce so far.

If your tweeter is blown, then replacing it with 3.5inch full range speaker is the way to go. Pick any that fits and power rating between 20rms to 35 rms will do, and one with high efficiency spl db rating.

The stock speakers are pretty weak, and the tweeter will go first. The full range on the door is only good for midbass. i play around with it for quite a bit when i installed my jbl ms8. And i have experience with oem speakers from toyota, mitsubishi, vw etc, and the mazda cx5 speakers are the weakest in my experiemce so far.

If your tweeter is blown, then replacing it with 3.5inch full range speaker is the way to go. Pick any that fits and power rating between 20rms to 35 rms will do, and one with high efficiency spl db rating.

Would you say you are dissatisfied with the base factory audio? I regret not upgrading my audio to (Bose?/Harmon Kardon?) on my Mini. So I'd like to get it right the next time around.

Would you say you are dissatisfied with the base factory audio? I regret not upgrading my audio to (Bose?/Harmon Kardon?) on my Mini. So I'd like to get it right the next time around.

If the factory Mini Cooper audio is anything like other stock European cars like BMW or german made VW's then the Bose system found in the CX-5 will disappont you considering its an upgrade. Its not the quality of the speakers. Stock BMW speakers are cheap as well. The difference is the sound deadening some cars have to make the stock system sound better than it really is.

Last edited:
If the factory Mini Cooper audio is anything like other stock European cars like BMW or german made VW's then the Bose system found in the CX-5 will disappont you considering its an upgrade. Its not the quality of the speakers. Stock BMW speakers are cheap as well. The difference is the sound deadening some cars have to make the stock system sound better than it really is.

It's so easy to upgrade the front speakers with 6.5" aftermarket speakers and very affordable and its so easy to put your own sound deadening in (took me 15 minutes once the speakers were out), I would never pay for the Bose upgrade. If the Bose upgrade included a great subwoofer, I might change my mind.

Easy and affordable upgrade? I likey. My Mini CANNOT fit a sub in even the smallest for a little more kick in bass. Would upgrading the speakers in the CX5 alone give it a deeper & crisper sound?

Replacing the speakers will not deeper a deeper sound but will make it sound much crisper and cleaner lows mids and highs.

I noticed the passanger side starting to make a buzzing sound.

Any suggestions for an upgrade replacement?
I'm not an audiophile and don't rock out to the music at a rediculious volume.

Easy and affordable upgrade? I likey. My Mini CANNOT fit a sub in even the smallest for a little more kick in bass. Would upgrading the speakers in the CX5 alone give it a deeper & crisper sound?

You're not doing it right, 2 18"s fit fine.

CIMG2571.jpg

Ok so i had my appointement yesterday to change the 2 dash speaker that are blown from the day i got my truck.

4 week's ago when the tech check the speaker with me, i specified to him that it was the 2 speaker's in the dash but yesterday after one hour of waiting i decided to take a look in the garage, what do i see?? my truck with the two front door completely dismantle.

I ask the service guy what the hell they were doing in my front door when the blown speaker's are in the front dash. Apparentely between the day they check the speaker with me and the day they ordered the replacement, the blown speaker's migrated in my door's.

So i had to wait another 30 minutes for them to re-installed the door speaker's and take another appointment to install the dash speaker's.

To make thing right they told me that they will come to my place with a replacement vehicule to pick up my truck and they will detailled it inside and out.

Hopefully they will get it right this time.

Back