Push Button Off / Park

zgeek

Here is the scenario:
Foot on break, car is in drive, you hit off.

Anyone find it strange that the only warning is an audible beep? You can get out of the car lock it and the car is still in drive (but off).

What else would you like it to do? Sound the horn? You dont have a physical key in the ignition they can lock in place.

Sound the horn, light the lights, lazers and LEDs. :) Had a bit of a scare today. Coming from a physical key I guess I will just have to be more careful.

Ive learned ive gotta listen to the chimes more often too for lights etc. My last car was fully loaded unlike my cx5 so i never needed to touch those things.

I have not yet experienced this scenario, owning 2 vehicles with keyless setups.

I did this once, turned off the cx5 while in drive, and it started to roll. Realizing what I did I put it into park which didn't help, still rolled. So turned on the vehicle and shut it off (while in park this time) and all was ok.

does the cx5 have a shift lock? For example I want to completely shut down the car in N, rather than P.
Usually for my previous cars, we have a special button to depress once we shut down the car in P and then shift it manually down to N.

Any ideas?

@jeremy44 that kinda defeats the purpose of pulling the parking brake since I wanted the car to be in neutral.

anyways, I found the shift lock override button.

If you hit the engine stop button while still in drive but stopped doesn't it go to 'accessory' mode rather than completely off?
I read that somewhere on here so I now use that when I'm stopping but still on the phone so I don't have to switch to the phone to finish the call.

If you hit the engine stop button while still in drive but stopped doesn't it go to 'accessory' mode rather than completely off?
I read that somewhere on here so I now use that when I'm stopping but still on the phone so I don't have to switch to the phone to finish the call.

It may have done that. Honestly I wasn't paying attention until my car started to roll ;)

I now double check that I am park and use the emergency brake.

Back