more tomtom problems

I've been keeping an eye on this thread and though I would chime in. I noticed today that I have no Traffic thing on the side of the map like I used to. I recently updated to the latest version. I think that was last week, 10.815 or something like that. Anyone else notice this?

Edit (7/28): Turning off the car, removing and re-inserting the SD card then turning on the car and allowing the NAV to fully reboot fixed this issue. No further issues since!

Last edited:
My car is still on a train, it's a touring without the nav. Was thinking about getting it, really like the idea of it being built in. But with the price to add it, the reported problems and limitations and my preference for Garmin I decided against it. BTW, does it have lifetime maps and traffic? So I got myself a Garmin 2595 for half the price with lifetime maps and traffic and terrific voice command system. Downside is that it is not in the dash and the phone options are nearly useless since the volume is too low to hear calls and Garmin is ignoring the problem. (shrug) I'll get around that with the bluetooth in the CX5. I know some of you don't have problems with the TomTom and are happy with it. Good luck Stormdriver, hope you get some resolution.

no lifetime maps, you get one update within 60 days of activating it with tomtom

for those who experienced or are experiencing the backwards orientation of the nb-1 navigation system, it just happen to me today for the first time. i might have a possible fix/workaround.

after starting my vehicle, i was stuck in a parking structure for quite awhile. the navigation couldn't get a gps lock signal. the exit to the street also had tree cover. when it finally established a lock, it was showing backwards -where i have been. the arrow on both the 3d and 2d maps were pointed back.

possible cause:
i am guessing that the backwards orientation could be due to a bug where the gps signal and orientation confuses itself during the locking on to your location -especially if it cannot lock on for quite some time.

after restarting my car several times and going through the settings, nothing seemed to work.

possible fix:
with the vehicle parked and off completely, and under a clear sky(no obstructions in the way for line-of-sight for gps satellites), take out the sd card and then re-insert it back into the slot. when you start the vehicle again, the tomtom splash screen should display just like when you first update the maps from a computer. after the agreement display, the orientation should get back to normal. if it doesn't work, try it again. otherwise try and see if there is a tomtom home update from the internet and then try again.

you can change destination but only by canceling your route and starting over

dealer cant do anything about it, i've informed them of all the problems i've ahd with it and that i was already dealing with mazda corporate on it
they aren't happy with them either, guy even said the other day he wished they never changed vendors (from garmin that they did deals with previously)

You may not be able to change the destination completely when in motion, but you can set a waypoint. I've used this as a work around a couple times and seems to work well.

I too have a backward map. I was parked in a parking garage for 6 days at an airport. As soon as I started up... the Tom Tom shows backwards. The voice commands are all correct... just the map is backwards. I was thinking this morning that I should try pulling the sd card. I will try that later this afternoon.

So... I pulled out the SD card, while the car is off. Put the SD card back in... started the car and waited for the TomTom to boot up. All is good. This fixed the backwards map problem. :)

Back