Push button start question

dbcx5

:
2013 Sky Blue Mazda CX-5 GS AWD
How do you go from ACC mode back to the mode before it (not sure what the name is), where only the radio gets turned on? It seems as if you can only go through the cycle, and have to turn the car completely off to get back to the beginning. Is there any way around this?

I know what your talking about and no i dont think there is any other way than going thru the complete cycle.......bummer.......(iagree)......(notcool)

The car will not start unless you have your foot on the break (am I correct automatic people?), or clutch in the manual. So leave your foot off the break and press the Ignition button once, the car stereo will turn on, press it again, all the electrical will turn on, press it again and all will turn off it will keep going through this cycle. Hope I understood the question correctly.

yeah, but isn't it great when they over engineer things :)

I like some aspects of the push button start but wish I could go from engine running to just accessory on without having to shut it off and then turn it back on.

Actually it's very easy to accomplish. Leave the transmission in any position other than Park and press the start button. Everything stays on. Put the tranny in Park and when you're ready to turn everything off, press the start button again (twice I think) and everything is off.

yeah, but isn't it great when they over engineer things :)

I like some aspects of the push button start but wish I could go from engine running to just accessory on without having to shut it off and then turn it back on.

If you do not have your foot on the break then it wont start the car so you can go from accessory to off again with no car start required. Its quite simple actually just is a matter of do you want to start the car or you want to turn acc on!

Little off topic but should the Amber light on the push start button be flashing when the vehicle is in drive?

Little off topic but should the Amber light on the push start button be flashing when the vehicle is in drive?

Looking in FSM I see references to flashing green during key programming but amber flashes are in areas referencing faults in ignition circuits but I think car has to be put into a diagnostic mode with a Mazda M-MDS.

Do you have an OBD2 reader that can read existing or pending faults? That might turn something up. Not sure if you can pull codes without a reader on a Mazda. I have pulled codes without a reader on my Nissan products in a pinch.

This is a little off topic, but if you want to continue to listen to the radio when you cut the car off, but do not want it to kill the radio...While it is still running, place your foot on the brake. Shift into neutral. Press the Start/STop button. The car will turn off, but not the radio. If you want to turn just the radio on and the vehicle has not been started. Depress and hold the start button until radio comes on.

This is a little off topic, but if you want to continue to listen to the radio when you cut the car off, but do not want it to kill the radio...While it is still running, place your foot on the brake. Shift into neutral. Press the Start/STop button. The car will turn off, but not the radio. If you want to turn just the radio on and the vehicle has not been started. Depress and hold the start button until radio comes on.

This is a great tip I have been using for a while. It seems my BT picks up almost instantly if I restart the car while in this mode.

ACC (accessories) mode is the mode where only the radio works...

If you are in the "ON" position and want to ACC only, then shift into neutral and press the button. That leaves it in ACC mode, then you can shift it into park if you so desire.

edit: whoops someone beat me to it.

Back