European Headlights vs US Market Headlights

bushidoboy

:
CX-5 GT
From all the various posts, I noticed the CX-5 has different headlight housings in other countries. I think it was Australia, looked like there was a small parking bulb and a separate turn signal lamp in the housing. What I likes is the elimination of the orange reflector on the side. I think it looked a lot cleaner than the US version. (I know the orange reflector is for DOT standards or something like that) but when it comes to looks, I think the other housing looked better. I was wondering if anyone knew where to get these other housings from (websites or retailers) and if its a direct fit.

I've contacted a few EU dealers for other items. NONE will ship to the US, at least right now.
It'll be some more time until support sites start to really give us options. The car is still new.

I noticed this as well. The Euro and Aussie headlights are more sleek looking without the amber. Ive always thought that the amber colored lenses are ugly. Any car I owned previously I would put clear lenses in, makes it look much better.
Would love to be able to

10z1i0z.jpg

Back