Aftermarket HID kit installation

Can you see any blue when looking out of the windshield, or is it just white?

If you did it again, would go still go with the 5000k, or go down to the 4500k?

You see just white looking out of the windshield. I think if I did it again I would do 4500 but I'm happy with the 5000k.

My only question is that the ddm hid kit bulbs will fit and work properly in the mazda oem housing right????

No.
DDM does not work properly.
They sell HID products for you to put into Halogen systems.
Do you get more light? Yes
Is it proper? No

Halogen systems require Halogen bulbs. Simple as that.

Last edited:
Mainly just goin for the look... I want a blue tint in my lights and i dont like the look of the yellow halogen bulbs ... Hopefully i get the look i want with the 8000k, if not i can always go down to 6000k

At 8k you're loosing some light output.

If you want something that looks cool and doesn't blind your fellow driver and really look like ass
maybe do something like this?
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...477576452.88537.96471546452&type=3&permPage=1

Do a quality retro.
Here's what my mod may look like.
http://www.hidplanet.com/forums/showthread.php?46888-Your-opinion.-Will-it-look-good

I really don't understand going for that look. In my opinion that blue looks terriable. Mostly because of how the PnP kits distribute the light. (Not to mention that it's unsafe for other drivers to deal with)

If you do a retro and get a clear lens swapped out it'll look 100% better than any PnP kit, both to on comming traffic and for you to drive with.
I'm sure the blue look you want is to replicate the color flicker seen on some cars with OEM HID's?
Check out some of the videos on http://www.customlightz.com/
Then have somebody make them for you or DIY.

Jwlj, I want to clarify that I do NOT drive with my fogs on highways. I put the bulbs in while I did my low beams and am waiting on a retro before using them on the street. I too value a good retrofit and hate it when people blind me with HID's in halogen reflectors.

okay i get it now. So how do you retrofit the foglights? you have to take out the housing?

Jwlj, I want to clarify that I do NOT drive with my fogs on highways. I put the bulbs in while I did my low beams and am waiting on a retro before using them on the street. I too value a good retrofit and hate it when people blind me with HID's in halogen reflectors.

I apolgize if I came at you.

You're in ATL! You can walk right into the TRS store to get your stuff.
I wonder if they have anything on display.

What set up do you plan to use?
The TRS Mini H1 5.0's look pretty good. Might be the best fit for the high beams due to the plastic that cuts through the high beam.
Do you know what projectors our Halogens are? I'm thinking they are H11's like the 3 but haven't looked closely.
Trying to figure out what I can get to fit in there.

Last edited:
Our low beam projectors are H11's. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, focusing on audio upgrades for now. Let me know if you do yours and what you use if you do.

I really want to get rid of that ugly yellow daytime drl ... Is there any way i can put an HB3 bulb in there and keep my high beam function or any type of led/ hid bulb?????

Our low beam projectors are H11's. I haven't decided what I'm going to do yet, focusing on audio upgrades for now. Let me know if you do yours and what you use if you do.

I've talked with the guys at TRS and they have made some suggestions. I'd really like to get SC430 or RX330's in the lowbeams. I really want a quad this time.
I'm waiting for the xB Strips to come out later this year for my custom DRL. I want to see what they release.
I really only want to open up the headlights one time.
Will keep you posted.
Hell, the we should see if we can get a group buy discount or something. :)

Do you happen to know where to get access to a service manual?
I'm intereseted in seeing the wiring of the car.
Namely the Headlights, and any harness options to set mine up.
I asked the guys at the service department at the local dealer.
They wouldn't let me look.

I really want to get rid of that ugly yellow daytime drl ... Is there any way i can put an HB3 bulb in there and keep my high beam function or any type of led/ hid bulb?????

Do you want to lose your DRL function or keep it?
You can have the dealer drop the DRL for you.
You can try and import the OEM or Aftermarket LED DRL and the wiring harness from Europe.
Try and change to a different K bulb.

Last edited:
I only did the 35w kit in both, the 55w kits may need upgraded wiring and I definitely wouldn't put a 55w in the stock halogen fog light housing (it would probably melt it)

I saw this on the Mazda Japan site.
It looks like they have a white LED DRL option for highbeam replacement. Odds are it's for set ups that have the bi-xenon projector.
The highbeam function is moved to where the lowbeam is and the DRL remains where it is at allowing for an LED light.

I think it's the same thing as your posting. Not quite sure.

v7b1wn.jpg

Are you asking for an HID bulb that will do highbeam? or do you mean LED bulb that will do highbeam?

HID for DRL + HIGHBEAM? NO
LED for DRL + HIGHBEAM? Send them an e-mail and ask if this product will function as you desire.

Last edited:
Back