How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Bulkhead area is dry. Had my hand up there and had a good feel around. Spare wheel area is dry. I suspect it's gonna have to be a carpets out job at the dealers. I'm just so hacked off as I don't know how long it's been going on and what damage may have already been done. The New Qashqai is out soon, I had one prior to my CX 5, I might be going back to the QQ. 26 Grand for a car and this! It's appalling!

One of the drawbacks of buying a new product?

Buying one of the run out cashcows might be a wiser move, early buyers of the T31 had DPF issues from release upto 2008 (2007-2008), my 2009 was problem free.
I actually think I jumped in too early buying the CX_5, ordering around now 2 years after start of production is the smart move.

At least your car is still in warranty, think positive.

Yes still under warranty. I'm just gonna let the dealers sort it out. Just got a bad feeling about it all though.

Not that it solves your problem but a friend of mine has been without his Hyundai I40 for a month now and it seems it is not just his car. Transpires that the rubber seals around the lower bodywork have not been manufactured properly and contain air bubbles which are letting water in....and once it starts it's almost a capillary reaction I.e. It draws even more water in. Result, soaking wet carpets, poor demisting etc. In his case the whole interior has been stripped out and is in the process of being rebuilt. I don't think he is enjoying the I10 courtesy car he has been given.

So it's not just Mazda, it's other makes as well and I guess this extended period of wet weather is really bringing out any problems.

Xtrailman has a point when he talks about waiting for a couple of years after launch. My prior Jaguar XF was a 2011 model and was pretty reliable though oddly enough that didn't demist too well. From the XF forums the earlier models were a complete disaster with dodgy electrics especially an issue, owners were not a happy group. By the time I bought the CX in 2013 there were very few such complaints existing on the XF forum.

Just tell dealer that it's unacceptable and car is not fit for purpose, hand him letter to this effect. I think you must give him opportunity to fix, rather than demand replacement car. But accept same car on proviso that if it's not cured completely and with assurance that no damage caused, you will formally ask for replacement (new) vehicle.

You may aalso want to ask that all carpets are replaced in existing car?

Whats the point of taking the aggressive route, its not as if the dealer has actually worked to find the leak as far as I'm aware.

IME more is achieved with a friendly persuasive manner, so I let the wife do that side, I'm mister nasty if I'm not happy with the results.

Whats the point of taking the aggressive route, its not as if the dealer has actually worked to find the leak as far as I'm aware.

IME more is achieved with a friendly persuasive manner, so I let the wife do that side, I'm mister nasty if I'm not happy with the results.

Could not agree more.

After what seemed a lifetime of dealing with my own customers and in a customer service role I always paid more attention to those who could offer a constructive and approachable demeanor than to those who were angry & aggressive.

I found it always worked if I had unhappy people that would accept I was there to help them, and allow me to work with them rather than be confrontational.

Alex

Meanwhile, back to the rattling dash problem. It seems that the work they did before Xmas has actually made things worse in terms of rattles so it goes in tomorrow for 3 days.

I just got an email from my dealer confirming that we have had the facelift model ordered and not the current model which I believe means we get the updated interior and the latest infotainment system! That has pleased me no end! Its being built as we speak apparently!!!!

Hey Davey, out of interest which dealer was it and what salesman please? I've just placed an order today for a new CX-5 so I'm going to ring my dealer tomorrow morning to confirm it's the facelifted model!

Last edited:
Hey Davey, out of interest which dealer was it and what salesman please? I've just placed an order today for a new CX-5 so I'm going to ring my dealer tomorrow morning to confirm it's the facelifted model!

Donald's Mazda in Peterborough mate. Salesman is Mike Hill. Cant speak highly enough of the bloke. Sorted us right out! You will be getting the same model, of that I am sure!!!

Back