How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

I got an update from my dealer a couple of weeks ago. Now due Jan 3rd. Ordered end August. I was hoping for an early Xmas prezzie, but looks unlikely now. However dealer said production had been significantly increased recently, so you never know.....

Hi Guys.
Just found this site. I ordered my CX5 middle of June and took delivery end of September. I went for the SEi Nav version with the 17" wheels. I had a BMW 3 ser and found it to be very hard on the road due to the run flat tyres. Could'nt wait to get rid of it. The CX is a dream to drive with the 17" wheels and tyres giving extra cusion on the road. I did test drive the CX with the 19" wheels and found it to be a bit hard on the road. (Not as bad as the BMW). I just love driving the vehicle. Love the higher driving position and the extra room in the rear. (With 3 grandchildren I can get 3 Booster seats in the back seat no probs) I have fitted scuff plates to the door sills and mud flaps all round. Mazda also gives you details how to join their site where you can see any service and work carried out.
You guys who are waiting for your vehicles won't be dissapointed. I would say it has been the best vehicle I have owned. (After 45 years of driving I have lost count of the vehicles I have owned.)

Here's another Brit! I got my Sport Nav around 6 weeks ago and I love mine too. I love how quiet it is compared to my previous Mazda 6's (had 4 of them) and the driving position is great too. I have an annoying rattle in the dashboard though. Took it back and it seems it goes quiet when everything warms up so they need it in overnight. I have seen the posts about a rattle under the dash but this sounds different - almost like they forgot to screw something down. Anyone else had this problem? Fuel consumption (Diesel) is about 44 mpg at the moment with around 2000 miles on the clock - anyone else getting better/worse?

I had a slight rattle developed in the cabin area and after much searching discovered it was a pair of sun glasses in the overhead roof compartment that was causing the problem. Sorted!!! I have the petrol version and am averaging 33 MPG in town 42MPG on longer runs. 1000 miles on the clock.

Here's another Brit! I got my Sport Nav around 6 weeks ago and I love mine too. I love how quiet it is compared to my previous Mazda 6's (had 4 of them) and the driving position is great too. I have an annoying rattle in the dashboard though. Took it back and it seems it goes quiet when everything warms up so they need it in overnight. I have seen the posts about a rattle under the dash but this sounds different - almost like they forgot to screw something down. Anyone else had this problem? Fuel consumption (Diesel) is about 44 mpg at the moment with around 2000 miles on the clock - anyone else getting better/worse?

Have had mine (Diesel 175PS AWD Manual SportNAV) for just over 4 months, have a little over 10,500 miles on the clock and averaging around 44mpg. Check out my Fuelly if interested in individual fill-up figures etc!

Last edited:
I had a slight rattle developed in the cabin area and after much searching discovered it was a pair of sun glasses in the overhead roof compartment that was causing the problem. Sorted!!! I have the petrol version and am averaging 33 MPG in town 42MPG on longer runs. 1000 miles on the clock.

Yes, I had that too! but this is definitely the dashboard. If I 'bump it' with my hand I can replicate the noise.

As for fuel, mine is the manual 2WD and according to the stats it should return over 60 mpg. Even allowing for some exaggeration by Mazda I am hoping for over 50 mpg.

Has anyone got a safety belt extender for the rear centre seat in the cx 5?. I have 3 child booster seats and find it hard to get to the clip. The centre belt fixing appears to be different from the two rear side seats.

Knew it was too good to be true. Was in touch with the dealer a few weeks ago and he advised delivery on or around the 10th January as this was the next batch coming to the UK.

He phoned today to say that Mazda UK had received notification that the shipment will be delayed, no timescale and no reason!

Was looking forward to receiving my new CX5 in the New Year, god knows when it will arrive now. (pissed)

Having looked through the various postings re fitting LEDs to the non tech version of the Mazda CX 5 and the problems associated with it. I decided to purchase the Mazda Suppied Kit from at a bargain price and save myself 350 fitting by my Mazda dealer. The removal of the front bumper was my biggest dread, however I found the following instructions and decided to have a go. Things to do, Be sure to tape the edges to prevent scratches. I used an old carpet to lay the bumper on after removal. Take your time and follow instructions. Finally, its not as hard as it looks if you have a basic knowledge of DIY. Save youself a fortune!!!!!

I live in the U.K. but would expect it would apply anywhere.

http://www.everythingmazda.co.uk/mazda-cx-5-cid52.html

http://www.aho24.de/shop/media/produ...1330946475.pdf

lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx5foglamps.pdf

Having looked through the various postings re fitting LEDs to the non tech version of the Mazda CX 5 and the problems associated with it. I decided to purchase the Mazda Suppied Kit from at a bargain price and save myself 350 fitting by my Mazda dealer. The removal of the front bumper was my biggest dread, however I found the following instructions and decided to have a go. Things to do, Be sure to tape the edges to prevent scratches. I used an old carpet to lay the bumper on after removal. Take your time and follow instructions. Finally, its not as hard as it looks if you have a basic knowledge of DIY. Save youself a fortune!!!!!

I live in the U.K. but would expect it would apply anywhere.

http://www.everythingmazda.co.uk/mazda-cx-5-cid52.html

http://www.aho24.de/shop/media/produ...1330946475.pdf

lib.store.yahoo.net/lib/yhst-24809172479195/cx5foglamps.pdf

I looked at the LED's but I'm not sure I like the look of them so far down. If they were in the main light cluster it may be better. Personally if i was to get them, I would go through the dealer.

Im still awaiting delivery of my CX5, so i still have time to plan what im going to stick on it.

Knew it was too good to be true. Was in touch with the dealer a few weeks ago and he advised delivery on or around the 10th January as this was the next batch coming to the UK.

He phoned today to say that Mazda UK had received notification that the shipment will be delayed, no timescale and no reason!

Was looking forward to receiving my new CX5 in the New Year, god knows when it will arrive now. (pissed)

Oh dear I contacted my dealer last week and he brought forward my date to the 7th jan. Now i'm not so sure.

I have a confession to make I mis-read the article on the scottish record. It says that all cars for SCOTTISH dealers will go through the port of rosyth. Not through the 2 english ports. However the rest of the uk, I would assume get their cars from other ports. It does say that the mazda european distribution is zeebrugge. My dealer says they used rotterdam in the past.

heres the link: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/business-consumer/mazda-to-import-new-cars-direct-1048179

so our cars should be on the same boat till they get to zeebrugge, but after that they go their separate ways.

I'm hoping Mazda use royal portbury dock in bristol. link: http://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping-information/forward-movements

if so my car could be arriving from zeebrugge on the 10th or 24th Dec. 24th of Dec could tie up with the dealer date in Jan as not much would happen over the Xmas break. BUT there's quite a few guesses in this. I suppose I'm desperate to get my hands on my new car, thinking its only weeks not months away(shrug)

Oh dear I contacted my dealer last week and he brought forward my date to the 7th jan. Now i'm not so sure.

I have a confession to make I mis-read the article on the scottish record. It says that all cars for SCOTTISH dealers will go through the port of rosyth. Not through the 2 english ports. However the rest of the uk, I would assume get their cars from other ports. It does say that the mazda european distribution is zeebrugge. My dealer says they used rotterdam in the past.

heres the link: http://www.dailyrecord.co.uk/news/business-consumer/mazda-to-import-new-cars-direct-1048179

so our cars should be on the same boat till they get to zeebrugge, but after that they go their separate ways.

I'm hoping Mazda use royal portbury dock in bristol. link: http://www.bristolport.co.uk/shipping-information/forward-movements

if so my car could be arriving from zeebrugge on the 10th or 24th Dec. 24th of Dec could tie up with the dealer date in Jan as not much would happen over the Xmas break. BUT there's quite a few guesses in this. I suppose I'm desperate to get my hands on my new car, thinking its only weeks not months away(shrug)

Thanks for the update, I know its not the dealers fault, however a reason for the delay may have been nice. The delay might even be, its got to travel the length of the country after arriving through a different port. We shall see.

I am in the exact same position as yourself, desperate to get my hands on my new car. After all we have been waiting for them to arrive for a few months now.

Hopefully there will be an update soon enough.

Do you know if the cars will come with car mats etc?

Hi All

Newbie here. Just to say we have ordered our SE-L Nav 2.2 Diesel 2WD in Black last weekend and we are picking it up 1st of March (our choice) in order to get the new 13 Plate.

We were sold on the Black as they had one in the showroom that looked the part.

We part exchanged our VW Scirocco 2.0TDI 140BHP and we got a decent part ex for it and the dealer 'upgraded' us for free to the Nav version. Happy with the way the figures worked out and cant wait for the extra space. The Scirocco is a beautiful little car but we got the good news that the family will be growing rapidly (twins!) and we needed something bigger!

A couple of questions for you all:

How is the build quality and the road/wind noise? coming from a German car i fear i might 'feel' it more easily. It was raining the day of the test drive and all i could hear was tyres on water - kept looking at the windows t make sure they were shut!

Been reading about this oil rising issue in previous pages. I hate to bring it up again but have you guys had any trouble with it? Something to look out for?

Finally, a very silly question, but does any of you know how wide the car is with both doors open? Will need to enlarge our drive at home for the car but i am too embarrassed to go back to the dealers with a tape measure! Will need to leave space for the ins and outs of baby seats etc. I reckon 4m should do it?

Thanks

Michael

I have now owned my CX5 Sport Nav AWD for 4 months, so here are my thoughts so far: My initial concern of the ride hardness on the 19" wheels has gone, the suspension has softened and really like the tight precise steering ( not something I had thought would be so good on this type of car). My CX5 is really lots of fun to drive, the engine is smooth and plenty powerful enough. Nippy in town and smooth on the Motorways.

If I had been given the cost option of a reversing camera I would not have gone for it, however now I don't think I would ever buy a car again without one and on the CX5 I would say it is close to essential as the rear view for parking without it is quite poor. The Tom Tom Sat Nav is very good, the handsfree phone works well except with my iPhone 5 but I blame Apple for his as my previous 4S was faultless. The Bose sound system is surprisingly good, I would have liked a DAB radio and I still can't work out how to save radio stations, I have even read the manual- anybody worked this out?

I have not noticed any excessive wind noise, the bonnet moves a bit a speed but nothing to concern me. The fit and finish of my car is very good, I find he position of the clock a bit annoying and I would like to have had an extra cup holder. The leather seats are very comfortable and passengers have been very complimentary. My drivers seat is showing small signs of use ( creasing of exterior supports) which I hope will not get much worse. I am also pleased with all the extras I had fitted DRL, removeable towbar and under garnish plates, I going to add a boot liner to my Christmas list as my wife has noticed that boot is good size for the skip run!

The iStop takes a bit of getting used to, and I have still not worked out all of the parameters for it not working, I have read that the iStop is a bit tricky with the manual gearbox but with the auto it's simple to use - I am currently saving 1-1.5 hours of engine use per 1k miles. I have not tested the brake assist so I cannot report if this works.

So overall very happy with my CX5, this is my 1st non-European car and I can't say I am missing the anything about my previous Volvos and BMWs. If you are waiting for your CX5 I am sure you will be very pleased with your purchase, if you are thinking of ordering one; my tip - get the Sport version with the reversing camera.

Hi All

Newbie here. Just to say we have ordered our SE-L Nav 2.2 Diesel 2WD in Black last weekend and we are picking it up 1st of March (our choice) in order to get the new 13 Plate.

We were sold on the Black as they had one in the showroom that looked the part.

We part exchanged our VW Scirocco 2.0TDI 140BHP and we got a decent part ex for it and the dealer 'upgraded' us for free to the Nav version. Happy with the way the figures worked out and cant wait for the extra space. The Scirocco is a beautiful little car but we got the good news that the family will be growing rapidly (twins!) and we needed something bigger!

A couple of questions for you all:

How is the build quality and the road/wind noise? coming from a German car i fear i might 'feel' it more easily. It was raining the day of the test drive and all i could hear was tyres on water - kept looking at the windows t make sure they were shut!

Been reading about this oil rising issue in previous pages. I hate to bring it up again but have you guys had any trouble with it? Something to look out for?

Finally, a very silly question, but does any of you know how wide the car is with both doors open? Will need to enlarge our drive at home for the car but i am too embarrassed to go back to the dealers with a tape measure! Will need to leave space for the ins and outs of baby seats etc. I reckon 4m should do it?

Thanks

Michael

I think the build quality is pretty good, but there is a bit of wind noise from around the drivers side door mirror. Enough to notice, but not enough to be annoying.

Mine is a 2.2D 175PS, and it pulls cleanly from low revs. The iStop works well, as long as you are in normal traffic (e.g. lights, junctions etc). I get a bit concerned about the engine constantly stopping and starting in crawling traffic, so I tend to keep my foot on the clutch or turn iStop off when necessary.

I have had a rise in oil level - it's going back to the dealers tomorrow for them to take a look. I'll update on here when I get it back.

I thought that the rising oil level had been sorted - I had 4 Mazda 6's previously and the most recent 1 suffered from the DPF problem. I am really disappointed to find that it still exists. Mine is almost up to the X after 2500 miles. I also noticed a couple of times a considerable 'puff of smoke' from the exhaust - has anyone else had that?

Overall I love driving the car - it is much quieter than the 6 (which I really liked) and I love the technology built into it. However, I am annoyed about the rattling dashboard and now the DPF problem.

MPG so far is a bit lower than I expected. I am showing 44 mpg and I have a reasonable mix of driving, including quite a bit of motorway driving.

hmm. I ordered my CX5 2.2D Sports Nav AWD mid Aug, told Feb delivery, latest info - should be January but no specific - no chassis number allocated yet so doubt its on a boat .. -would be nice to get it before it snows..

Back