How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Are you in the 175 AWD? If so I have no idea how you are getting consumption figures like that..... mind you I rarely drive as low as 60mph.

Yep, 175 awd. I was driving more 'economically' than usual, shall we say, but it was at a constant speed with not many inclines.

That was the computer read out over that distance tho, not an actual measurement.

As the emission figures are identical for both engines its not unexpected.

After having a door rattle fixed, I now have the 'USB error' issue. Looking at some other posts, looks like I have to make another trip to the dealer.

37mpg is rather low even for a auto.

If I was you I would check that the latest software is installed, you should have a type C dipstick, and that the exhaust sensor is the modified type.

It sounds to me like your car is going into regen too much?

My car arrived UK in June, as was fitted with the 450c dipstick, and according to the dealer, had the latest software and sensor fitted - and 5 months and 6000 miles later, the oil level is still OK.

I couldn't tell you if it's going into regen too much as I've never noticed a regen happening, but I've never even really looked out for it. It sounds like the kind of thing you have to be looking/ listening for.

I'd did a 50 miles drive home yesterday trying to be economical, 20 miles along a fairly hilly A road through the Cotswolds and then 30 miles on the M5, and got an average for that trip of 45. What I saw in the instantaneous mpg read out tied in with what others have seen, with the figure fluctuating a lot, even when relatively flat. Having said that, a hill kills the consumption, and increasing the speed on the motorway to my typical cruising speed causes a noticeable drop.

I'm not too worried about my overall consumption of 37, which may be possibly down to driving style and/or pattern, but will mention it when next at the dealers (which hopefully will not be until first service in about April/May). Until then I will probably reset the average consumption figure more often to get a better picture of what happens when, as yesterday was the first reset since new.

Sounds completely normal. I can get 50+ easily but fall asleep doing it, 40 odd if taking care, and 30s are easy if you feel like having fun for a week. Having all the torque and trying not use it can get boring after a while.

Sounds completely normal. I can get 50+ easily but fall asleep doing it, 40 odd if taking care, and 30s are easy if you feel like having fun for a week. Having all the torque and trying not use it can get boring after a while.

(iagree)

I pretty much drive 98% of the time on the motorway. I have the 2.2D (175) Auto AWD. I've done 5k in the car now and my average consumption (which I have not reset since new) is 38.3mpg - pretty pants in my opinion compared to the book figures. I'm no hooligan either, the most I;d ever creep up to is 80mph on the motorway but generally cruise at 75.

The car has also developed an annoying rattle on the top of the dash somewhere near the screen. Not great after 5k IMHO.

Nice surprise 1st service

Had the first service this morning, it had been booked on line and it gave me a price, when I arrived at garage they quoted that same price but when I came to pay it was 14 less !. I was also surprised when I told them not to rotate tires as I had done it my self [twice] they said they never do unless asked.

If your motoring is mainly motorway then you have bought the wrong car?

A better choice would have been a Mazda 6.

I pretty much drive 98% of the time on the motorway. I have the 2.2D (175) Auto AWD. I've done 5k in the car now and my average consumption (which I have not reset since new) is 38.3mpg - pretty pants in my opinion compared to the book figures. I'm no hooligan either, the most I;d ever creep up to is 80mph on the motorway but generally cruise at 75.

The car has also developed an annoying rattle on the top of the dash somewhere near the screen. Not great after 5k IMHO.

Anybody getting rattling from the dash near the speakers when on a bumpy road?

It doesn't have to be a bumpy road now that the temperature has dropped. Mine is like a tin of nails for 30 mins or so and it is all along the dash. It is going in for 2 days next week to try and solve it - I will keep you posted.

Anybody getting rattling from the dash near the speakers when on a bumpy road?

Yes!

Since the cold weather has become more pronounced as well and I see several others have the same issue, and I'll get it looked at sometime. In the meantime I just turn the music up.

Alex

Only noise I get is wind noise, and that's variable, some days I notice it, others I don't. But I only have about 3K miles on the car, with no noticeable oil rise as yet.

Hopefully by buying later, my model will have had the production modifications that the various TSB cover..

Shame I didn't hold of buying until 2014, then I wouldn't have had the frustration with the "live" services, usually 2 years after a model release is the best time to avoid teething problems.

My car arrived UK in June, as was fitted with the 450c dipstick, and according to the dealer, had the latest software and sensor fitted - and 5 months and 6000 miles later, the oil level is still OK.

I couldn't tell you if it's going into regen too much as I've never noticed a regen happening, but I've never even really looked out for it. It sounds like the kind of thing you have to be looking/ listening for.

I'd did a 50 miles drive home yesterday trying to be economical, 20 miles along a fairly hilly A road through the Cotswolds and then 30 miles on the M5, and got an average for that trip of 45. What I saw in the instantaneous mpg read out tied in with what others have seen, with the figure fluctuating a lot, even when relatively flat. Having said that, a hill kills the consumption, and increasing the speed on the motorway to my typical cruising speed causes a noticeable drop.

I'm not too worried about my overall consumption of 37, which may be possibly down to driving style and/or pattern, but will mention it when next at the dealers (which hopefully will not be until first service in about April/May). Until then I will probably reset the average consumption figure more often to get a better picture of what happens when, as yesterday was the first reset since new.

Just got back from a return Cheltenham to Leeds, about 370 miles total, and got 46.2 mpg on the car's readout, which eqates to around 44.5 using a proper full tank to full tank calculation. That was driving at 70 where possible but having to put up with the horrible long sections of roadworks on the M1 (WHAT a waste of money replacing perfectly good steel barriers with concrete; I thought we were trying to save money!!).
I'm pretty pleased with that in my auto 2WD 150 ps machine.

I've emailed my dealer with the TSB fix for the rattle to see if the work can be carried out. Waiting to hear.

I have now had my cx5 for a couple of months and it was a demo model 2.5 months old when i got it. A few weeks ago i updated the maps and bought a years subscription but i now find that i dont now have fixed speed cameras, these used to show by reducing audio volume just before camera. Looking at the Tomtom website i see that a lot of devices have fixed speed cameras for free or do i need to subscribe to Live services? On the tomtom site is says that they may need turning on and it said tap the screen and get main menu, then SERVICES/ SPEED CAMERAS to turn on but i find that i have the main menu but not Services sub menu. Do you all have this sub-menu or did i muck it up when i updated my maps as it took forever (6-7 hours) to load and at 1 time i had to abandon it as it hadn't progressed for over an hour. Reading previous posts i see that there is a software update to load if i want live services also. Do you all use live services or do some of you have cameras without live services?

Done a couple of thousand miles in the car (5000 total) and find that it drives superbly and the engine revs freer than most diesels usually do and i have averaged around 42-44mpg but i dont do many short trips, at times i have seen the mpg drop for no reason with no change of driving so assume that this must be the DPF regeneration but oil doesn't seem to have gone up at all. I assume that its an active regen that pumps extra diesel into the engine, does anyone know if it does passive regens where it regens doing normal driving or are the all active? It still seems wrong to me , as it makes a mockery of all the latest synthetic oil technology to say its ok to dilute it with diesel, but i know most other manufacturers seem to use similar technology although i dont believe many mark the dipstick with an x to say its ok to have that much diesel in the oil. Sorry to drone on any comments on the nav or dpf's welcome

I believe the cameras are only available with a live subscription.

One trick to try, when my free trail ran out I selected the renew subscription on the satnav, this immediately gave me around 14 days services.
Tomtom later sent me a email so I could pay etc, but I see no reason why you couldn't change your mind.

It took me around 2 hours to download the latest software, and I used a direct connection to the router, not wifi.

My understanding from what I've read is the car will do a timed regen and it doesn't matter if its interrupted, I guess that if the differential across the filter is also indicating a near full filter that a regen will also take place.
I'm happy to be corrected.

If your motoring is mainly motorway then you have bought the wrong car?

A better choice would have been a Mazda 6.

No, I wanted the high driving position and versitility offered by the CX5 so I think I got the right car, I just don't think Mazda were particularly honest with MPG figures.

I find with the new way of calculating fuel returns, that the urban figure usually equates to what you can get with average motoring.

Ignore the other two figures.

Back