How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

picked up my artic white awd diesel sel nav at the weekend.
im based in south wales, cardiff valleys area.
really stunning looking vehicle, but so far have only seen one out on the road since may in south wales.
BTW ordered in june and only picked it up on the 22nd sept.
i am told by the dealer if ordered today expect a january or february delivery!

Welcome psam to our tiny UK corner of the site. Haven't seen a solid white one yet, but then again I also havent seen a red one, a grey one, a silver one, a black one etc ;)

Only joking, but they are still quite rare - apart from mine and those at dealers I have only seen one other since I ordered mine in April.

picked up my artic white awd diesel sel nav at the weekend.
im based in south wales, cardiff valleys area.
really stunning looking vehicle, but so far have only seen one out on the road since may in south wales.
BTW ordered in june and only picked it up on the 22nd sept.
i am told by the dealer if ordered today expect a january or february delivery!

Ordered Mine at the Beginning of this month and was told delivery will be January 2013. :-(

Ordered Mine at the Beginning of this month and was told delivery will be January 2013. :-(

well worth the wait, the vehicle is stunning.
what did everyone in the uk upgrade from.
mine was a rav4 d4d, excellent vehicle but styling was getting a little dated.

Traded in a Qashqai +2. Twas a nice motor. Some aspects I liked better than the CX5. For example: Electric window isolation swithch in the QQ only isolated the rear windows and even when isolated the driver could still operate them. The display going dim when the headlights came on but at least it wasn't as dim as the Mazdas. i know you can change it but from full bright to the next one down is to to extreme. Thats all really. Auto wipers on the QQ were pants!

I hope so.

Will be trading in my BMW 120D when the new car arrives. The length of time is a tad off putting though. Especially when I could go for something like a Honda CRV.

Hopefully it may arrive a little quicker, we will see.

VW Tiguan. Had many problems - some serious.

From a Mazda 2, so just a slight size difference! I should point out that the CX-5 is my wifes car, and I drive it fairly regulalry rather than put the miles on my Focus, so I'm very glad of the extra legroom over the 2!

Also a Mazda 2! as StackH says slight difference in size but great to drive, mines the petrol version, been faultless so far, getting average of 38mpg on around town commute, am I the only petrol version in the UK?

Hi all, I have my CX-5 for a week now. Very pleased with it. Still getting to know my way around it (uhm). Previously had a Qashqai 1.5d. MPG is much lower than the QQ but I think I need to do a reset.

Good I've yet to see one in the flesh, second choice is the red.

Hi all,

Ordered my 2.2d SEL in aluminium silver on 12th September. Lastest estimated delivery date 12th January :( At least I had the met. paint thrown in for free. Does anyone know how to find the name of the ship it's being transported on? - Mazda UK couldn't help.

Hi,

I read on the scottish record that all mazda's for the uk were coming into rosyth from zebbrugge which is the import centre for mazda europe. Apparently more mazda's are sold there than in the rest of the UK.

If you were to google 'euphony ace' thats one of the ships that has been known to carry mazdas. A bit more digging led to the shipping company that owns euphony ace. Unfortunatly they have over 90 ships most ending with the word 'ace'. There are various ship tracking websites but it's the name we need. I suspect given my estimated delivery date is 12/1/2013 that the ship is off africa having to go round the cape of good hope to avoid somali pirates(boom01) otherwise surely it would use the suez canal.

Hi,

I read on the scottish record that all mazda's for the uk were coming into rosyth from zebbrugge which is the import centre for mazda europe. Apparently more mazda's are sold there than in the rest of the UK.

If you were to google 'euphony ace' thats one of the ships that has been known to carry mazdas. A bit more digging led to the shipping company that owns euphony ace. Unfortunatly they have over 90 ships most ending with the word 'ace'. There are various ship tracking websites but it's the name we need. I suspect given my estimated delivery date is 12/1/2013 that the ship is off africa having to go round the cape of good hope to avoid somali pirates(boom01) otherwise surely it would use the suez canal.

Interesting post, thank-you. My Sport Nav is estimated for the 10th of January, so I would imagine they will travel on the same ship. I'm starting to get a bit twitchy about it, as i have been waiting months for this and now delivery is finally in sight!

Interesting post, thank-you. My Sport Nav is estimated for the 10th of January, so I would imagine they will travel on the same ship. I'm starting to get a bit twitchy about it, as i have been waiting months for this and now delivery is finally in sight!

Hi Kjendal,

I've just noticed you're in Scotland which would explain why your car is due 2 days before mine, if the cars land at rosyth it could take an extra 2 days to get down to south wales on a transporter.

Hi Kjendal,

I've just noticed you're in Scotland which would explain why your car is due 2 days before mine, if the cars land at rosyth it could take an extra 2 days to get down to south wales on a transporter.

True, if the boat lands in Rosyth then it will cut my delivery time down. Its gone down from a matter of Months to now a matter of Weeks till it arrives. It would be good to track the ship on AIS, but after a quick look on google, there doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence as to which Vehicle Carrier the vehicles are being shipped on.

Back