How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Did you get free Sat Nav or has that deal ended now?

No free satnav for me - didn't even know about that until I read it on interweb somewhere... bugger. Anyway, I'm pleased with my choice, just not with the wait - or the rumours about no 19" wheels (nailbyt)

No free satnav for me - didn't even know about that until I read it on interweb somewhere... bugger. Anyway, I'm pleased with my choice, just not with the wait - or the rumours about no 19" wheels (nailbyt)
The free Satnav was only on for a while. It was worth 400 but i see the NAV is now 600! Anyway you got a discount which is unheard of on car in such demand. I effectively got a small discount because the part ex price I got was a bit better then the book price. Happy Days.

It seems to depend on which model and colour as far as waiting goes. Apparently zeal red has turned out to be so popular that discounts can already be had on some model/colour combinations.

This thread got somehow misplaced. The 190 is the quoted price for the Supagard option. The LED DRL option is down on my invoice at just under 300.

I've discovered when driving the CX-5 demo. that if I stopped at a traffic light with the motor stopped, that if I move the steering wheel slightly it appears to override the stop/start system and the motor starts up again before I'm ready to move off. Is it supposed to do this? Even my dealer didn't know.

I've discovered when driving the CX-5 demo. that if I stopped at a traffic light with the motor stopped, that if I move the steering wheel slightly it appears to override the stop/start system and the motor starts up again before I'm ready to move off. Is it supposed to do this? Even my dealer didn't know.
Yes, it is supposed to happen. The car thinks your trying to manoeuvre and so tried to help out by activating the power assisted steering which is hydraulic and needs the engine to be running.

Yes, it is supposed to happen. The car thinks your trying to manoeuvre and so tried to help out by activating the power assisted steering which is hydraulic and needs the engine to be running.

Note: Power assisted steering is electric.

I have just had the LED DLRs, under garnish plates and a Westfaila removable tow-bar fitted. I would recommend all of these; the Westfaila removable tow-bar is excellent, I ordered the Mazda one but the delivery date was unknown -pleased I didn't wait. The scuff plates make my Met Grey CX-5 look much more interesting and completely hides the tow-bar fixing from view. The DLRs are really neat, and work really well. I like the fact that all of these extras can easily be fitted by the dealer rather than having to order them with the car, which could delay the delivery significantly.

I have just had the LED DLRs, under garnish plates and a Westfaila removable tow-bar fitted. I would recommend all of these; the Westfaila removable tow-bar is excellent, I ordered the Mazda one but the delivery date was unknown -pleased I didn't wait. The scuff plates make my Met Grey CX-5 look much more interesting and completely hides the tow-bar fixing from view. The DLRs are really neat, and work really well. I like the fact that all of these extras can easily be fitted by the dealer rather than having to order them with the car, which could delay the delivery significantly.
Do the sidelight leds still come on with the new ones?

Been doing some reading on this rising oil level issue, as I had never heard of it, and it is a bit worrying I must admit. My initial thought is that as the CX-5 has a very low comp ratio, it may be more prone to leakage past piston rings and therefore more likely to suffer from this issue, which is caused by DPF regen cycle. I hope Mazda will put out something official to allay any concerns, as this contamination will inevitably result in accelerated engine wear. I guess that we early customers will be field testing this new engine to some extent, and the manufacturer should offer assurances regarding this.

Can anyone confirm what their 2.2D oil level is? Is it on high, mid-way to X (X is above high), or perhaps at X?
If the oil level goes above X, Mazda says serious engine damage can occur and that you should bring your vehicle for service ASAP.
Mazda has said you need to check your oil level frequently anyway, so please share your oil level with us anxious prospective US customers.

Can anyone confirm what their 2.2D oil level is? Is it on high, mid-way to X (X is above high), or perhaps at X?
If the oil level goes above X, Mazda says serious engine damage can occur and that you should bring your vehicle for service ASAP.
Mazda has said you need to check your oil level frequently anyway, so please share your oil level with us anxious prospective US customers.

Mine has only done 250 miles. Checked oil level and its dead centre of the two marks. (Not including the X as a mark).

Mine has only done 250 miles. Checked oil level and its dead centre of the two marks. (Not including the X as a mark).
Mines only done 800 miles and is just above the X. I think it was at the X when I first got the car.

Get it to the dealer. According to the manual engine damage can occur if it goes above the X mark.

Yes, thanks. I've been following threads on this topic for a while. The dealer istrying to rectify TomTom Live problems I'm having, so I am in regular contact with the dealers.

I was nervous about this too. Had one or two responses from folks here saying a few thousand miles some and no issue. I checked oil level on day of collection. It was bang on mid way. Checked again and after 600 miles it hasn't budged at all. I'll keep my eye on it though..

The car is awesome so far.

Do the sidelight leds still come on with the new ones?

No just the new DLRs, however they go off if the car is in Park or the handbrake is on!! This made me think the weren't working when I had them fitted, then.... I read the manual.

Back