Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Registered Member

CX-5 Sport 2.2D 175PS AWD NAV Auto, Crystal White

Welcome Seagulls, good luck with the keys/locks - had mine 6 weeks and I still haven't totally figured it out!

iStop wasn't working for me initially but it does kick in regularly now that my steering has been fixed. There is a seperate thread here somewhere with iStop tips, there are LOTS of rules as to whether it 'iStops' or not. Some of the more obvious ones I found include the steering must be more or less straight ahead (there is a little allowance either way) and the brake pedal needs a proper press rather than feathering it to a stop. And be wary of resting your foot on the brake pedal after it iStops - even if you have it in neutral and park brake, as soon as the brake pedal is touched again the engine restarts.
    Half the fun is learning

Oh, and after my experiences my top tip is to make sure the reverse camera lines are properly aligned when the wheels are in straight ahead position - mine was WAYYYYYY off which was a clue to a steering issue which affected all sorts of things including iStop.

Registered Member

Mazda CX5 AWD 2.0

How about half n' half English/Norwegian? Does that qualify?

2017 CX-5 2.2D Nav Eternal Blue Mica

I don't qualify until Sept 1st I suppose. Ordered mine early June, waiting list is Mid-August, so may as well get the new 62 plate.

We do have a Mazda 2, so perhaps that allows me access.

Will report when the car arrives.

Alex

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.2D Sport Nav

Have been told ours is due in this week. Allowing for a few days to get a personlised number transferred from our existing car, we should have it by the end of the month. The dealer has said that some orders being placed now are getting delivery estimates of December!

2017 CX-5 2.2D Nav Eternal Blue Mica

Quote Originally Posted by StackH View Post
    Have been told ours is due in this week. Allowing for a few days to get a personlised number transferred from our existing car, we should have it by the end of the month. The dealer has said that some orders being placed now are getting delivery estimates of December!
    You would think we were buying a Rolls Royce?

I was on holiday on the Llangollen Canal when my dealer first had notice of availability, and I've been looking out for this since Sept 2011. As soon as I got back I placed my order, and he told me that the dealership had already exceeded the 2012/13 quota, and to date every sale was subject to a waiting list.

I must say I am encouraged as this means a little bit of exclusivity. I can't wait, and as a rule I'm not normally bothered.

One of the effects of running a business, we have 9 vehicles, 3 of which were purchased new this time last year, so I'm usually quite blasť when it comes to buying vehicles. This time though the waiting time has increased the anticipation.

Alex

Registered Member

CX5 AWD Sport Nav Auto Diesel 175

Got ours at the start of June. Went back to the dealer last week to have the factory towbar fitted - and get a rattle fixed. Got the towbar, still got the rattle, which they claimed they couldn't hear. Shame really, because otherwise it's a good, solid, quiet car. Now considering changing my choice of dealer.

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by PatD View Post
    Got ours at the start of June. Went back to the dealer last week to have the factory towbar fitted - and get a rattle fixed. Got the towbar, still got the rattle, which they claimed they couldn't hear. Shame really, because otherwise it's a good, solid, quiet car. Now considering changing my choice of dealer.
    Where is the rattle?

Registered Member

Quote Originally Posted by pauly69 View Post
    Where is the rattle?
    It's in the dashboard, to me it sounds like it's in the left side of the dash. I've changed my dealer and the new one is picking the car up next Wednesday to investigate. The guy in the workshop said there were two known issues, one of which caused a noise to come from the A-pillar. I will report on the findings when I get it back.

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.0 Sport Nav

My car has arrived at dealer now but waiting for September plate, been waiting since March so another month won't hurt!

On a point of interest has any of you UK owners notice the wing mirror vibration that seems common in the US & Canada?

Registered Member

Re the wing mirror, I see it over rough surfaces but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. I don't want to overstate it, to me it is a very minor vibration. Assuming mine is typical I suggest you don't get too worked up about it

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.0 Sport Nav

Re the wing mirror, I see it over rough surfaces but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. I don't want to overstate it, to me it is a very minor vibration. Assuming mine is typical I suggest you don't get too worked up about it
    I won't! thanks pauly69

Registered Member

Just got it back and they did the A-pillar job. Car is transformed - much quieter. Apparently it's something to do with the scuttle fixings and A-pillar. I didn't manage to get more details than that but as I said, a known issue and done under warranty.

Pat

Registered Member

Mazda CX-5 2.2D Sport Nav

It's arrived! Only driven it home from the dealers, but so far so impressed.

CX-5 2.2D (175PS) AWD Manual Sport-NAV + Safety Pack

I'm a Brit, I am here, and i have a CX-5!
    Had it 3 weeks today, just under 2000 miles on the clock and a supposed average of 44mpg which i am pretty impressed with considering the engine is supposed to be bedding in!

CX-5 2.2D (175PS) AWD Manual Sport-NAV + Safety Pack

Seconded, it is very minor and i only noticed it after someone asked me if my mirrors vibrated as they did on the model they'd test driven.

Page 2 of 157 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast