Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 151 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast
Results 2,251 to 2,265 of 2314

Thread: How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

  1. #2251
    Registered Member

    Maxda cx 5

    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    Northumberland UK
    Posts
    57
    Just a heads up, new map update ready to download via Mazda Toolbox.....3 and a half hours at 3.4mb/s

  2. #2252
    Registered Member

    was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    worksop Great Britain
    Posts
    1,540
    I guess i'll have to post mainly here now.
    I found the situation very strange being trolled by a moderator is a first for me.

    But thanks again for all those who supported me. And here is the link for anyone interested.

    http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=440.15

    And another that was started and blocked.


    http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=513.0


    Quote Originally Posted by alex1706 View Post
    I've decided not to bother with the other forum anymore - the one as mentioned elsewhere in this thread.

    Somebody asked a question and one of the revered members from here said it as it is. People asked and he gave a candid answer and he gave what was requested, being an unequivocal proven and accurate response.

    Despite telling the truth and without trying to be a paid up member of the CX-5 fan club, he bought another one, so they ain't all that bad! Those of us thinking about replacing like-for-like appreciate being given the facts.

    However the Moderator didn't agree, and it clearly fell foul of his criteria, the levels of which are yet to be defined!

    Finally, the condescending comments made to him were by the moderator - who appears as a control freak - were totally disingenuous and considering the manner in which that particular site is "policed" should never have been made.

    Following the comments made by the moderator of that site, and there was very heavy support for the "Offender" the thread has since been locked - hence my Personal Opinion as regards "control freak".

    It is a shame really as is a well laid out site, and easy to navigate.

    Alex

  3. #2253
    Registered Member

    was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    worksop Great Britain
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by jy1 View Post
    Just a heads up, new map update ready to download via Mazda Toolbox.....3 and a half hours at 3.4mb/s
    Thanks will attempt update today.

  4. #2254
    Registered Member

    CX-5 SE-L 2.2 150 2WD auto, LED DRLs, zeal red mica

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    39
    Foolishly, I left a rubber tipped metal "prodder" (used on an i-pad) on the dash and inevitably it rolled into the windscreen vent. It's about 60mm x 8mm dia. Using long nose pliers caused it to go in further and it is now just about visible. I imagine when I next drive the car it will slide downwards.
    Has anybody had this happen and what are the consequences (into the blower fan ?)
    I imagine the cost of stripping everything down would be horrendous.
    Any thoughts anybody?

  5. #2255
    Registered Member

    was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    worksop Great Britain
    Posts
    1,540
    It may end up on the pollen filter?

  6. #2256
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    421
    No, it can't get to the pollen filter from the air vent but I doubt it would do any harm in there other than rattle.

    Xtrailman, you're not entirely blameless for what happened on the other forum as you can appear to rubbish CX-5s and come across quite curt in some of your comments but frankly, that guy over there is not the easiest to get on with. I've tried as a moderator on other forums to advise and get him to ease up but he sees it as an insult and he reacts by threatening to get worse. He's also a pest for moving threads and creating new sections so just when you get into discussing something interesting, because it's one degree off topic, it gets moved and you end up searching for it. You are right, it's much more relaxed on this forum.
    Last edited by Anchorman; 09-13-2016 at 01:00 PM. Reason: Unnecessary insult. Apologies for that.

  7. #2257
    Registered Member

    CX-5 SE-L 2.2 150 2WD auto, LED DRLs, zeal red mica

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    39
    Thanks Anchorman, hope you're right but with no rattle

  8. #2258
    Registered Member yrwei52's Avatar
    Donated: $8

    2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Location
    Plano, Texas, USA
    Posts
    3,699

    Arrow

    Quote Originally Posted by jack526 View Post
    Foolishly, I left a rubber tipped metal "prodder" (used on an i-pad) on the dash and inevitably it rolled into the windscreen vent. It's about 60mm x 8mm dia. Using long nose pliers caused it to go in further and it is now just about visible. I imagine when I next drive the car it will slide downwards.
    Has anybody had this happen and what are the consequences (into the blower fan ?)
    I imagine the cost of stripping everything down would be horrendous.
    Any thoughts anybody?
    Anchorman is correct. The "pen" can't travel to blower fan as it would have to pass several air duct doors, AC evaporator, and finally the pollen filter! In addition to rattle, the worst case for you is the "pen" gets stuck by the air duct doors which may cause some air leakage to the vents which the air is not supposed to go. If you still can see it, try this flexible pick-up tool and see if you can get the "pen" out.

  9. #2259
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5 2.2 175 Auto Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brum
    Posts
    2
    Hi all, a new brit to the forum, collecting my CX5 next week cant wait in all honesty, am slightly concerned about the oil rising issues now I have read up on them now, anything to be overly worried about or just keep a regular check and keep on top of it.

  10. #2260
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    421
    Mine is coming up 6 months old and 5000 miles. The oil has gone up about 6mm so won't get to the X before the year end service. I will actually change mine shortly but only because I am fussy.

  11. #2261
    Registered Member

    was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    worksop Great Britain
    Posts
    1,540
    Quote Originally Posted by PeteCX5 View Post
    Hi all, a new brit to the forum, collecting my CX5 next week can't wait in all honesty, am slightly concerned about the oil rising issues now I have read up on them now, anything to be overly worried about or just keep a regular check and keep on top of it.
    I have my oil changed yearly at 7K miles last car raised up about 8mm which I think is ok but not ideal.
    Present car at 5K has raised about 4mm so far which I think is an improvement.

    But if you are at anytime unhappy with the rise just change the oil.
    I would advise regular checks.

  12. #2262
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5 2.2 175 Auto Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Location
    Brum
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by Anchorman View Post
    Mine is coming up 6 months old and 5000 miles. The oil has gone up about 6mm so won't get to the X before the year end service. I will actually change mine shortly but only because I am fussy.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    I have my oil changed yearly at 7K miles last car raised up about 8mm which I think is ok but not ideal.
    Present car at 5K has raised about 4mm so far which I think is an improvement.

    But if you are at anytime unhappy with the rise just change the oil.
    I would advise regular checks.
    Thanks for the advice guys, will keep a close eye on it

  13. #2263
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    421
    Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    I guess i'll have to post mainly here now.
    I found the situation very strange being trolled by a moderator is a first for me.

    But thanks again for all those who supported me. And here is the link for anyone interested.

    http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=440.15

    And another that was started and blocked.


    http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.php?topic=513.0
    I've withdrawn my membership from that forum for the same reason.

  14. #2264
    Registered Member

    CX-5 SE-L 2.2 150 2WD auto, LED DRLs, zeal red mica

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Cheshire UK
    Posts
    39
    Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Anchorman is correct. The "pen" can't travel to blower fan as it would have to pass several air duct doors, AC evaporator, and finally the pollen filter! In addition to rattle, the worst case for you is the "pen" gets stuck by the air duct doors which may cause some air leakage to the vents which the air is not supposed to go. If you still can see it, try this flexible pick-up tool and see if you can get the "pen" out.
    Thanks very much for the timely advice, but it's too late. Earlier today, driving up a spiral ramp to a car park I heard a sudden "metallic" rattle - which was most probably the "pen" rolling into the innards, never to be seen again.

  15. #2265
    Registered Member Anchorman's Avatar

    CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Location
    Derbyshire UK
    Posts
    421
    It can't go far. Which vent was it and are you in a right hand drive? I'll have a look at mine to see what's visible behind the dash.

Page 151 of 155 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brits to design reborn Isetta
    By mikeyb in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 03:26 PM
  2. Fancy Footwork...
    By Boston5761 in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 06:37 PM
  3. how the Brits react:
    By Matthew in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-07-2005, 11:24 PM
  4. What are they teaching the brits
    By GHOSTWHISPER in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 11:17 AM
  5. oooh Fancy New Logos :D
    By jrodhotrod in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 05:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •