How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Rosyth is just over the Forth Road Bridge - about 5 minutes from my house - I'll take the long way into work tomorrow and see if I can spot any CX5's sitting about......

please post a pics if you see some , that would be my ultimate windows wallpaper!

Now..severe weather expected Friday with lots of snow...which my AWD CX5 should handle with aplomb...question is will I be able to get to the dealer in my 6 which is rubbish in snow...
For those new to AWD cars:
Just got my car back from 'bodyshop' after 4 weeks due to someone smashing into it (over 3000 of damage) but getting to the point...
On the east coast we've had a few inches of snow and ice and on collecting my car there were many 4x4 coming in after accidents because those drivers not used to them think they can do anything in bad conditions and try to break the laws of physics - especially when braking and/or turning abruptly.

Collected. Happy, Happy Boy. Will post pics later...

xtrailman - had a long conversation with the dealer. Mine has the new dipstick, he tried to tell me it's all to do with a different Aussie engine spec. Hmmm. Anyway, will be watching closely.
Any chance you could post a photo of the dipstick markings with a rule alongside to get perspectives. That would be great if you can.

For those new to AWD cars:
Just got my car back from 'bodyshop' after 4 weeks due to someone smashing into it (over 3000 of damage) but getting to the point...
On the east coast we've had a few inches of snow and ice and on collecting my car there were many 4x4 coming in after accidents because those drivers not used to them think they can do anything in bad conditions and try to break the laws of physics - especially when braking and/or turning abruptly.

Point taken...thanks.. It will be my first AWD and I'm going to take these first drives in snow extra carefully!

Hi jamie94

Mine was just a general comment and not specifically directed to anyone in particular. When I got my first AWD it was a bad winter and I deliberately went along snowy back roads, up hills with deepish snow etc and it did very well and was exhillarating. Then the next year a bit over confident but OK and then coming down estate road (icy) braking and turning into my drive ... well it didn't turn and fortunately didn't hit anything. Don't get me wrong, they are great in these condtions (that's why I chose another AWD - CX5) and do perform safely and well and give confidence where two wheel drive wouldn't.

As you say, '... which my AWD CX5 should handle with aplomb' and no doubt it will and it will fell good.

Last edited:
Got it!
Snowing quite heavily now and its a dream to drive. I love the rear parking camera
Might spend the next couple of hours reading the manual though, so many features!

Both DRLs lit

View attachment 200334View attachment 200335View attachment 200336
Its here after 3 months and4 days
Mazda CX-5 2.2d SE-L 5dr AWD with led drl, mud flaps

Just had a quick look at your Pics - Very Nice looking car in Aluminium Silver. I couldn't help noticing that the factory Fit DRL's are on along with the LED DRL's - My dealer informed me that the supplied kit harness for the LEd Drl's meant that the Inner Quarter Lamps went out - how did you get both of yours on - Helpful dealer or did you fit them yourself?

Just had a quick look at your Pics - Very Nice looking car in Aluminium Silver. I couldn't help noticing that the factory Fit DRL's are on along with the LED DRL's - My dealer informed me that the supplied kit harness for the LEd Drl's meant that the Inner Quarter Lamps went out - how did you get both of yours on - Helpful dealer or did you fit them yourself?

The LEDs were dealer fitted.
I like the way they go off when handbrake applied.. no agro at traffic lights!

Good enjoy.
I've read a post on whirlpool that says all those built from oct onwards have the new dipstick.

http://forums.whirlpool.net.au/forum-replies.cfm?t=2040594&p=2

ordered sept 8th (i think) looks like original dipstick. Waited 10 mins after 20 min drive for the oil to settle down. Unsuccessful attempt to read dipstick - lol.
my dealer said the car would be built in october. Will try in a week or two to read the dipstick! At the risk of harping on about my old car which had an easy to read dipstick, the cx-5 is not the easiest of dipsticks to read.

car is lush though without being too 'in your face'

Last edited:
Got it!
Snowing quite heavily now and its a dream to drive. I love the rear parking camera
Might spend the next couple of hours reading the manual though, so many features!

Glad to know you've got it home safe and sound. It is an excellent drive. I have to admit I took my wife's car to work this morning instead of the CX.

I'm keeping the mileage down on it until I get venture shield fitted on it. I only just got ahead of a gritting truck yesterday! (rolleyes)

It that the standard license plate kit that comes with the cx-5? My dealer didn't fit it because he said they don't fit the bumper that good. Can you post some close up pics of the plate?

Hi all, I'm Dave and got my CX5 last week, Im really impressed with the drive and features, i drove it in snow for the first time yesterday, offering assistance to a discovery driver how had got stuck! anyway, i love the car and hope to chat further in here.

I picked mine up on Wednesday, from Norfolk in the snow drove and handled very well, so far very pleased. Plenty of snow today so just about to take it out for a 'spin'.

View attachment 200443 DSCF1422.JPGDSCF1423.JPGDSCF1424.JPGDSCF1425.JPG

It that the standard license plate kit that comes with the cx-5? My dealer didn't fit it because he said they don't fit the bumper that good. Can you post some close up pics of the plate?

Hi, The plate was just what Hexham Mazda put on.....pics a bit snowy !
The holder seems to be v shaped and tucks into the bumper see pic number 26.

Attachments

• DSCF1426.JPG
    DSCF1426.JPG
    461.3 KB · Views: 198
Last edited:
Took mine from oxford to hampshire yesterday and then a group of us out to a country restaurant - lots of single track roads with lots of snow
Car handles superbly - even on the unpleasant A34 bit of the journey in driving snow with lorries for company
Auto high beam works really really well, heaters and AC good too
The sat nav is much better than my old tom tom xxl iq routes -surprisingly as i thought it might be inferior...
The CX5 is a bit of a mess now - cant wait to clean it off

(cheers2)(cheers2)(cheers2)
View attachment 200443View attachment 200444View attachment 200445View attachment 200446View attachment 200447

Hi, The plate was just what Hexham Mazda put on.....pics a bit snowy !
The holder seems to be v shaped and tucks into the bumper see pic number 26.

Many thanks jy1 (cheers2)

I didn't notice the curve on the bumper I must have another look. (that will get the neigbours talking). Look he's staring at his number plate (headshake

I see the fixing screws for the license plate holder seem to be in the same place the screws are fixed on my license plate. They must have drilled straight through on the plate through the holder.

If I can use sticky pads to secure the license plate to the license plate holder that would be great otherwise my GB plate would still have a white screw cover on the blue part of the plate.:(

Hi dad of jon,
Did you manage to set up your usb stick?
Does it show mp3 artwork, I've transfered most of my music to a 32gb stick which shows the artwork in our VW but not in the cx5, any ideas?

ordered sept 8th (i think) looks like original dipstick. Waited 10 mins after 20 min drive for the oil to settle down. Unsuccessful attempt to read dipstick - lol.
my dealer said the car would be built in october. Will try in a week or two to read the dipstick! At the risk of harping on about my old car which had an easy to read dipstick, the cx-5 is not the easiest of dipsticks to read.

car is lush though without being too 'in your face'

I find the dip stick on my xtrail very difficult to read.

But i get a display up showing "oil ok",soon after starting up, if i push the trip meter reset while this display is up it shows a set of upto 5 blocks which equates to the oil level, on my last Nissan service the oil was filled to the 4th block, so i could see any oil rise, or drop.

Does the CX5 have anything like that?

Nice to read so many positive comments on the CX5.

Hi dad of jon,
Did you manage to set up your usb stick?
Does it show mp3 artwork, I've transferred most of my music to a 32gb stick which shows the artwork in our VW but not in the cx5, any ideas?

Yes my 16gb usb stick is great. I didn't transfer any artwork files but will have a look at it as I'd put my alternative artwork on instead (shady)

My car done very well with the worst of the snow in the Abergavenny area which got pretty hard the past few days. Its now filthy and will be even worse when i hit the motorways this week.

Back