Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast
Results 2,131 to 2,145 of 2341

Thread: How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Registered Member

was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM. View Post
    I noticed on the USA BMW site a space save spare was an extra $150 option. Do you know what you get if you don't pay for that option?

And please don't tell me the UK CX-5 comes without a spare tire if you don't cough up the additional money?
    Not really sure what you are asking or saying?

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD 2.0L

Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    Not really sure what you are asking or saying?
    I'm asking what you get instead of a compact spare if you don't buy that option.

Hopefully not a can of "fix-a-flat". Or do they sell you a car without a jack/spare?

Registered Member

We only get a can of gunk and a nasty cheap compressor, plus I think a jack, I'm not sure on the latter as I bought the kit for the space saver, but modified it to take a full size wheel.

That loses around 40mm in boot height. And if you do go for the rip off space saver Mazda say you cannot tow with it.
    A full size wheel weights around 27kg so its a easy weight saver for Mazda to leave it out.

Donated: $8

2016 Mazda CX-5 GT AWD w/Tech

Question

Quote Originally Posted by MikeM. View Post
    I'm asking what you get instead of a compact spare if you don't buy that option.
    Hopefully not a can of "fix-a-flat". Or do they sell you a car without a jack/spare?
    We only get a can of gunk and a nasty cheap compressor, plus I think a jack, I'm not sure on the latter as I bought the kit for the space saver, but modified it to take a full size wheel.
    That loses around 40mm in boot height. And if you do go for the rip off space saver Mazda say you cannot tow with it.
    A full size wheel weights around 27kg so its a easy weight saver for Mazda to leave it out.
    Is it true once you used the "fix-a-flat" can of gunk, the tire is destroyed as you can't get rid of those gunk be injected into the tire?

2013 Mazda CX-5 Touring AWD 2.0L

Quote Originally Posted by yrwei52 View Post
    Is it true once you used the "fix-a-flat" can of gunk, the tire is destroyed as you can't get rid of those gunk be injected into the tire?
    It doesn't actually destroy the tire but cleaning up the mess is not a job anyone should have to do.
    Sigs are visible only in your first post on a page. To change your thread display preferences, click here and enable 'Always Show Signature'.

Registered Member

Some fitters refuse to remove the gunk to carry out a repair, that's what I've read, but I've never used it.

Registered Member

I've been considering options for next year when warranty runs out.

Trying to find out about the CX-5 auto is a real pain, although I have some links now, this is the reply from Mazda UK.

"Thank you for your enquiry.

The SkyActiv Drive automatic transmission fitted in the CX-5 is manufactured by Mazda.
    The model number for this is GW6A(X)-EL transmission.

Should you need any more details please feel free to contact a member of the team on 03457 4848448."

Some one on another forum told me it was a Aisin box but it isn't.

2106 CX5 2.2D AWD MT 175PS, Tech pack, Sunroof, full LED

As long as it works they way you want and it is covered under warranty does it really mater too much? I never thought of which car to purchase depended on the country that the individual parts were made in.

Registered Member

DSG boxes don't have a great reputation with caravaners, so ideally I would want a convention auto box, the CX-5 seems to be a bit of both.
    I did think it was an Aisin box like the X1 8 speed Aisin, but it isn't.

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 175 SPORT NAV AUTO

Here is an article about skyactiv posted today that explains about the workings of the sky activ auto box and how it is a cross from a torque convertor and dual clutch system, doesn't say who made it but i would think it would be Mazda or other manufacturers would have it too.
    http://www.mazdas247.com/forum/showt...tiv-technology

Registered Member

Thanks Rocketron, I've read that some interesting facts on it.

Since Mazda emailed me with the model, they say Mazda make the box, I have found this link.

ftp://188.65.79.117/technical-traini...20EN_MCSEE.pdf

2017 CX-5 2.2D Nav Eternal Blue Mica

Wondering if anyone else has noticed a reduction in fuel consumption since the remap at second service ?

When I first bought the car just before first service I was regularly getting up to 43 mpg around town, then I reported on here an increase in fuel consumption after the first service, down from 43 to around 41 mpg! and its more or less been at that until my last service.

Since then I've been seeing some really impressive figures typically high 40, at present I'm on 46.5 mpg!!
    Yes. The difference is really noticeable, was on 42.8 now 39.1 (150bhp Diesel Auto) Never been below 40 mpg until now, just as well diesel prices have dropped.

2106 CX5 2.2D AWD MT 175PS, Tech pack, Sunroof, full LED

My MPG has increased going from a 150ps to a 175ps CX5, both AWD. The only thing I noticed, and it is fairly obvious is there is a difference in the gearing. The 175ps has longer gears than the 150ps. In the 150ps I would often put it into 5th at about 35mph, that was about a comfortable lower limit for 5th, I would usually change to 6th at about 45mph easily. In the 175ps, 35mph gives lower revs in 5th and it isn't comfortable there, it needs at least 40mph, and then 6th is about 50mph. So it seems the gearing is longer, which is giving me better mpg.
    Last few weeks of the 150ps gave me 40mpg with mixed driving, town and A road, some trips at full throttle here and there for fun, last few weeks with 175ps gave me 44 mpg easily, mixed driving too. I also think the regen duration is not quite as long, seems to last under 10 mins where the 150ps was longer. The high rev at start does not last as long either, maybe under 15s where the 150ps seem to go on for ever. I the shorter regen time will also be contributing to the mpg.

My 150ps had the latest update too so these difference were not expected.

Registered Member

Finally got round to checking the latest gear ratios.

Yes the gearing is different for the 150 and 175ps engines in manual, the final gear ratio is different.
    But if you had changed from a 150 auto to a 175ps auto then the gearing is the same, but again is different to the manual cars, in both gear ratios and final gear.

Registered Member

Took a test drive in the high powered version of the new Tucson today.

Found the SE auto on 17" wheels drove really well, sat nav display at 8" was also excellent.
    But found the dash looked very cheap for the price. The exterior was also good, but those oversized wheel arc surrounds didn't look good at all .

So decided to wait for the Bmw X1 release.
    Going home I said to the wife lets just pop into the Mazda garage just to look over the updated car again.
    Well I thought there was no comparison, the Mazda was a step up in quality IMO.

It was a VIP day but even so the sticker price for a auto sport 175 was only showing a risible £900 off list.
    Salesman grab me and actually remembered me from 2 years ago, one thing lead to another and I let him value my car, I was very surprised to find it worth so much, CX-5 certainly holds its value.

He gave me a price to change but really at that deal I wasn't interested, same good trade in but not a lot off the new car, so he asked me what it would take to order today.
    Bear in mind I've already had some recent broker quotes, so I came out to a figure seen on one of the sites, to cut it short they ended up actually making me a offer I couldn't sensibly refuse, so I've now ordered the auto 175 sport, delivery around November.

I'm sure a X1 would have been excellent, but I was a little concerned with the comments read about poor residuals, something I wasn't happy about seeing I was looking at around £35K to buy.
    Last edited by xtrailman; 09-19-2015 at 12:19 PM.

Page 143 of 157 FirstFirst ... 4393133141142143144145153 ... LastLast