How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Im not sure it will be worth it, Because the date of manufacture will be the same. However if you want to wait the extra 2 months, knowing that its sitting there waiting for you, then go ahead.

Is it likely to make any difference to resale value a few years down the line?

A car is valued by the registration date, not the date of manufacture.

I would wait for the new plate, it adds value, but the dealer may need to register before to claim a bonus.

A car is valued by the registration date, not the date of manufacture.

I would wait for the new plate, it adds value, but the dealer may need to register before to claim a bonus.

Yes but it depends on what your doing with the vehicle. If your on a PCP purchase then it will make little or no difference. It also depends on how long you want to keep the car for.

Is the value likely to be effected by 2 months, I can't imagine it will make a hell of a lot of difference.

It's not just the dealer that needs it registered. I would check to see what offer or deal you are on, some of the mazda deals specify the car must be registered before a certain date.

Last edited:
Personally, I have been waiting for 5 months now, so as soon as that car arrives, I'm getting it on the road (drive)

All i would say is a new car usually drops the most in value in the first year, and the depreciation can be worked out by the week.

In the initial excitement of a new car such things are often pushed to the back of the mind.
My present car is a Feb reg, so a 58 plate, but i had no choice in the reg date as the dealer had to get his quoter in before the end of the month.
As i had over 8K discount i wasn't too concerned, but it has made a difference to today's valuation.

All i would say is a new car usually drops the most in value in the first year, and the depreciation can be worked out by the week.

In the initial excitement of a new car such things are often pushed to the back of the mind.
My present car is a Feb reg, so a 58 plate, but i had no choice in the reg date as the dealer had to get his quoter in before the end of the month.
As i had over 8K discount i wasn't too concerned, but it has made a difference to today's valuation.

Do you reckon it would be worth more currently if your car was 09 reg rather than a 58?
If so, by how much do you think? I tend to keep cars anything between 4-6yrs and its not pcp.

Do you reckon it would be worth more currently if your car was 09 reg rather than a 58?
If so, by how much do you think? I tend to keep cars anything between 4-6yrs and its not pcp.

A dealer will say so, at the very least the 09 will sell before a 58, if the mileage and spec, condition are the same.
Which would you buy given the two options?.

I usually change from 4 to 5 years.

My dealer rang me too today. They receive car on 10th. Although I really do want to get my hands on it ASAP, I am toying with the idea of delaying pickup till 13 plates arrive. Is it worth it?

possible but do you want a car with 13 on it? - me i'm not superstitious - touch wood (wink) - but other people might think twice. You'd still have a 2013 62 plate if you pick it up in jan.

Do the CX-5's sold in UK come with standard rear fog light(s)?

yes they do, but not sure if it's one or two.

I think there is a legal requirement for them in the UK, because if you import a Japanese car directly (they are also RHD) you need a fog light and speedo 'sticker' (kmh to mph) to import them legally. In japan then the speedo must be KMH only and fog lights aren't mandatory.

Does anyone know where I can get a rear centre seat belt extender for the CX 5?. The retaining lock is ressesed into the seat and is extremly hard to get to if there is a passenger in the rear centre seat. The belt clip is different from all the others. I have contacted a number of suppliers but they do not stock. I am in the process of contacting Mazda U.K. but still awaiting a reply. Not sure why they fitted a different clip in the centre seat from all the rest. I have two extenders for the right and left seats.

My Latest upgrade. Peace of mind at last!

6iw7e8.jpg

You have a spare though! I think we are the only 2 in the UK! Plus your size tyre is easy to get hold of. In true Mazda style mine looks like a dealer only part again!(argh)

OK folks, questions from a soon to be owner....
what is in the space reserved for the spare wheel as shown on all the models without a spare - i.e all of them except yours?
How do you order this - is it a dealer option?
How much does one cost?
Do the foam inserts come on the standard car or are they ordered with the spare wheel?
Bloody annoyed about this, as I would have already ordered a spare wheel if I had known one was available (pissed)

OK......Firstly you can't order a space saver spare as an option in the UK (and Europe as far as I know). North America, Australia, South America you can. Seems daft you can't order them here! What you do get here is a Jack and a puncture repair kit (Gloop and inflator) all tucked neatly into 2 large pieces of polystyrene which then forms the base of the boot floor to make it flat for the carpet.

I got my car on 1st September 2012 and it has taken me until now to manage to get this piece of kit. It does however come in at the hefty price of 345. Scandalous and a complete rip off but me being me and having had two irrepairable punctures in the space of 2 months just had to have it.

Mazda dealers will tell you they can't get them but as shown it is possible and a lot easier now I've done the hard work! Finding out how!

The spare wheel comes as a kit and includes the tyre, wheel and the foam which you place your existing jack etc into. I have also left the gloop kit in the tyre well as belt and braces backup.

The other cheaper option is just to buy a space saver wheel and tyre and put it in the space under the boot carpet. You wont have the foam packaging to neatly place the jack etc into but you will have a spare! Without the foam though you will lose some support for the boot floor as this forms the support along wth the spare itself. I'm not sure of the price of a new space saver but I'm guessing 150 - 200 as the tyres dont come cheap. For the extra I'd rather have a genuine Mazda piece of kit but each to their own. Even cheaper option is to buy a second hand one. It's all down to cost really.

Thanks for the info, but you didn't say how to order this - I would be very interested, as I work away from home and my wife has to fend for herself a lot of the time, and I know the inflator kits are not always any use, so please tell where to order the wheel kit and part no. etc. so I can speak to my dealer. Also can you confirm that this does not lose any boot space, as I will also be fitting a dog guard and divider. The cost is a bit high, but this is hopefully a one-time purchase, and worth it for peace of mind in my opinion.

Lozza I have Pm'd you. oh I forgot to say you don't lose any boot space whatsoever. Same as before exactly.

Hi Applauso,
Having lost 2 tyres to shaving foam on our mini and my son's fiesta due to local farmer cutting back hedges last week, I'm desperate to find out details. Mazda dealer in Hexham says can't be done..... supposed to pick cx5 up on Thursday....
Help please..

Back