Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast
Results 1,531 to 1,545 of 2330

Thread: How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Mazda CX5 2.2D Sport Nav

Quote Originally Posted by Dadwithlonglegs View Post
    Does anyone have experience of DIY fitting a towbar.?
    Cheers, Gary
    Couldn't be bothered with the fuss of sorting the electrics and fiddling about with the bumper. I decided on a detachable towbar so it wouldn't interfere with the rear parking sensors. Went with a Westfalia. Quality kit circa £500 fully fitted.

Registered Member

was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

If you fit a witter detachable you don't have a bumper cut, or have to remove the bumper.

Registered Member

This link leads to a company that now sells a cx-5 bumper guard.

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/communi...for-mazda-cx5/

Mazda CX5 2.2D Sport Nav

Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    This link leads to a company that now sells a cx-5 bumper guard.

http://www.caravantalk.co.uk/communi...for-mazda-cx5/
    Interesting. I saw an advert for this company yesterday and looked on their website. No CX5 at the time.

Registered Member

The Cx-5 version has only just been made, so not on the website, available in 4 different finishers.

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

MAZDA CX-5 2.2 DIESEL 150 AUTO 2WD

Hi xtrailman I have taken delivery of Cx5 in uk silver 2014 spec and it looks great. Are you still pleased with your Cx5 for towing caravan?

Registered Member

Yes very, only downside is the 88kg nose weight limit.

As a tow car its way better than both xtrails I've had, power is ample. Its not great on the motorway above 60mph due to the variable wind noise, and seems susceptible to side winds solo, compared to the xtrail.

Registered Member

Mazda CX 5 AWD Sport Nav 6SP MT

New UK member here. Just bought a 63 plate ex demonstrator with 1000 miles on the clock in Soul red, AWD Sport Nav, manual. Impressions so far; like the engine, interior, seats, colour, wheels, handling (for an SUV), boot space, looks and ground clearance. MPG is OK - averaging 40.3 MPG. Seems easier to get MPG up to 45 with slower A/B road work. When on motorway / dual carriageway, I struggle to keep it above 40. Dislikes - the pigging USB interface, Bluetooth is clumsy to say the least. Won't pickup the wife's I-phone text messages (car is her birthday present - so this didn't go down too well). Also the gear change is, to be blunt, horrible and as people have commented on this forum, worse when cold. I don't think it's acceptable for a car made in this day & age to have a poor gear change when cold. Neither of my last 5 cars (over 15 years) had difficult gear changes when cold. And did I mention the USB thing ? Starting from same track and not remembering where it left off - if I'd had known this before buying, I wouldn't have - it's that much of an issue for me.

So far the pluses do outweigh the minus points so all round enjoying this zoom zoom thing.

Am also mighty irritated that UK customers can't order the Mazda OEM bonnet protector (the black plastic one) ... am trying to work out how to get one from the US.

Anyhow, looking forward to some good times with the CX-5 and hopefully enjoyment of these forums.

Registered Member

I believe the latest cars have resume on the USB, the 2012 cars did, search the forum, or ask your dealer, from what I've read on here it requires a new module?

I'm on 43.7mpg average at the moment slightly down on normal due to some short motorway runs to save time.

Not had any issue with the gearbox, but we garage ours, xtrails also suffer from a stiff change in ist and second when the gearbox is cold, try hanging onto the gear longer to warm the box up. What I have noticed is a higher than normal clutch biting point, but I've got use to it, only noticed after jumping into the car from a Kia.

was doing something under the car yesterday and noticed excessive rust on the entrance to the rear box, much more than I ever saw on my last xtrail, so mazda must be using a really cheap stainless steel?
    Last edited by xtrailman; 05-07-2014 at 03:06 AM.

Registered Member
    Donated: $5

MAZDA CX-5 2.2 DIESEL 150 AUTO 2WD

Good to hear that you still rate CX5 for towing. It was your positive feedback on towing with CX5 and helpful posts on caravan forums that gave we the confidence to buy CX5.
    A big thank you for mentioning that the witter towbar can be fitted without removing bumper. I was sceptical but took the plunge and bought witter detatchable towbar and sure enough it was easy to fit without removing bumper . Now comes the fun part fitting the Mazda 13 pin wiring harness which is a quality comprehensive kit with fridge and battery charging power feeds and parking sensor cut-off. Thanks for all your helpful advice.

Registered Member

I'm sure you will be very happy towing with the CX-5, where did you source the harness from right connections?

Registered Member

CX5 SPORT NAV - FULLY LOADED!

Quote Originally Posted by profiler View Post
    New UK member here. Just bought a 63 plate ex demonstrator with 1000 miles on the clock in Soul red, AWD Sport Nav, manual. Impressions so far; like the engine, interior, seats, colour, wheels, handling (for an SUV), boot space, looks and ground clearance. MPG is OK - averaging 40.3 MPG. Seems easier to get MPG up to 45 with slower A/B road work. When on motorway / dual carriageway, I struggle to keep it above 40. Dislikes - the pigging USB interface, Bluetooth is clumsy to say the least. Won't pickup the wife's I-phone text messages (car is her birthday present - so this didn't go down too well). Also the gear change is, to be blunt, horrible and as people have commented on this forum, worse when cold. I don't think it's acceptable for a car made in this day & age to have a poor gear change when cold. Neither of my last 5 cars (over 15 years) had difficult gear changes when cold. And did I mention the USB thing ? Starting from same track and not remembering where it left off - if I'd had known this before buying, I wouldn't have - it's that much of an issue for me.

So far the pluses do outweigh the minus points so all round enjoying this zoom zoom thing.

Am also mighty irritated that UK customers can't order the Mazda OEM bonnet protector (the black plastic one) ... am trying to work out how to get one from the US.

Anyhow, looking forward to some good times with the CX-5 and hopefully enjoyment of these forums.
    The playback resume issue has been resolved on our 14 plate! I know this is no help to you now but it must mean a fix is on its way soon. I left the house this morning and got in the car, by the time the engine was at running temperature (we tend to wait for it to get warm before driving off as per our dealers advice for the first 10k miles) the bluetooth had connected to her phone and resumed playing the track she must have been playing when she was in the car the night before. In the mean time I had driven it last night with my phone connected and playing music but it picked her's upm this morning because I always switch BT off after getting out the car.

Fingers crossed you get a fix soon.

2106 CX5 2.2D AWD MT 175PS, Tech pack, Sunroof, full LED

10k miles waiting for the blue light to go off, another dumb dealer. Get in a drive it like it's designed to do.

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 175 SPORT NAV AUTO

Totally agree. the best thing to do is just get in it and drive it as that is the quickest way to warm up the engine. Sitting there ticking over creating condensation in the engine and not revving high enough to blow it away is madness. I would imagine the DPF will fill up quicker as well and need more regens with lots of cold engine tickover.

Registered Member

That dealers advice is as useful has the engine starting up and revving its rocks off, both completely stupid ideas.

The blue light on my car goes off in under a mile, no need to either rev it up cold or idle it till it warms up, all the latter does is clog up the DPF, while all the former does is cause premature engine wear.

Page 103 of 156 FirstFirst ... 35393101102103104105113153 ... LastLast