How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Interesting reading the views of others, thanks for sharing.
I had my rear discs and pads replaced under warranty at approx 17k miles, then the rear pads needed replaced again last week at around 34k miles, i'm just glad it's a Mazda and not a BMW or Jag as it'd cost a fortune.

I still haven't received my recall letter, but the dealer said my car was on the list for it, therefore they did it while servicing the car. Perhaps you should phone your dealer, ask if your car needs the recall, and arrange for it to be done at your service in July, therefore saving you a few pounds.

Chaps engine has no gone into self destruct, on that link. Possibly due to excessive CAM wear, experienced by our Aussies cousins.

By the way the engines are not 150 bhp or 175 bhp, Mazda rate their engines in PS.

Mine is 173 bhp near enough.

Plenty of cam failures in the German forum, keeping my fingers crossed my car runs nicely until the end of the 5 year warranty in 2 years time.

I was going to ask if any of you consider switching to the 2.5L petrol version for your next car, but then I realised this isn't an option for the Uk. Mazda DE and CH have both versions of the diesel and petrol available. There are a few comparisons between the diesel and the 2.5 in the german forum, so far people are pleased with the performance of the 2.5 and are quite surprised about the fuel economy that is possible. It's only available in a AT gearbox though. The additional sound proofing has been highly praised.

I will be seriously considering 2.5 AT in two year, the car is exactly the size I need, I like the styling and the raised driving position. My wife loves driving the CX5 (it is her car basically), mostly because of the low end torque making it quite effortless to drive. She also prefers manual gearboxes so a test drive of the 2.5 is going to come down to her preference. Still, 2 years to wait, plenty other cars will be around by then, especially other companys SUV's as they jump on the SUV bandwagon.

Last edited:
My suggestion and what I did, use the deal from any of the web-sites and email it to your local dealers (I actually emailed every mazda dealer in the uk) and then deal directly with whoever offers the spec you want, most reasonable distance because of your servicing and see who can beat the delivery time of the other web-site.
That way you deal direct so you / the dealer save the commission that 'drivethedeal' would get, which can be discussed, you get a relationship dealer who may well be closer for the servicing and you still save the money and get the deal you want.

When I did it, still got the deal + the saving the web-site was offering and I found a dealer who was second closest to me, who had my sepc and it was dealt with and delivered within a week.
Granted there's a spot of luck there but why give the web-site commission when all they do is basically email the info to the dealers.

I used Drive the Deal when I purchased the CX5, The broker was fine and the supplying dealer, even though they were some distance away from me could not have been more helpful. In the end it's whatever works for you. I expect the discounts available now will be better than at launch so you will be getting a good deal I expect. :)

After the problems I have had I was pretty certain that I would not have another CX5, or probably not another Mazda after the way they have (mis-)handled the issues which have arisen with the car - i.e. head in sand and hope they go away.
A few weeks ago a kind person reversed (several times) into the front passenger door and drove off. Due to the fact that it was in a multi-storey car park, he was on CCTV and the Police nabbed him (no prosecution though - not in the public interest) and he has admitted liability. After 6 weeks my car is at the repairers for a new door and a full side respray.
So I get a hire car (Vauxhall Zafira diesel - what a dog! Now to be fair, it is probably what you might expect from the car but in comparison with the CX5 it comes nowhere near. It is much noisier, pulls less and generally drives more like a van than a car. Hmmm, may need to re-think this.

No prosecution, if he knew he had done it then he should get done for not reporting it, driving away from an accident and wasting police time.

Had a brand new Astra as a hire car recently, thought it was a 1ltr, took about 3 days to get to 60mph, the handbrake trapped your fingers when you pushed it down, plastic steering wheel was horrible, just a terrible terrible car. Turned out it was a 1.6! Like my old man, I swear never to go near Vauxhall!

The windscreen wipers were very good though!

The Police are a joke, probably too much paperwork for them!
Glad the guy was caught, some people have a ridiculous attitude to other peoples property.
I hate parking in car parks, just from the point of view of people hitting my car by opening their doors, I never would have considered someone doing what they did to your car.
I always drive around the carpark and see if I can find an isolated space, or a space in between two expensive looking well cared for cars...... My other half always moans about the length of time it takes me to find a parking space.

Cars booked in for the 20/06/2015 for gearbox change. As there is a fault with gear stick rattles I posted fault on YouTube

Got mine back today after having a new door and a full re-spray on one side - must say that I am impressed and there is a minimum 3 year warranty with the work - for life if it stays with the same insurance.

Cars booked in for the 20/06/2015 for gearbox change. As there is a fault with gear stick rattles I posted fault on YouTube

Had a quick search on you tube but couldn't find your video, can you post the link to it?

Anybody in UK had a new windscreen under warranty? Mine cracked yesterday from the middle at the top where the wiper sensor is,no stone that i can see has hit it. Looking online seems quite common and some have had new screens under warranty maiNly in US so wondered if anyone in UK has had new screen and also did a Mazda main dealer do it or one of the windscreen companies? Got the second service and the recall work next week so hopefully they can do it then.

I was unlucky to lose 2 windscreens on my first cx5 - both caused by stones though. Auto glass both times. Takes them a couple of days to get the right windscreen as it seems there are a few for the cx5. Second time even with the vin number and advice of full spec inc safety pack etc etc they still brought the wrong model along to fit. Quickly corrected after and auto glass generally do a good job. Read somewhere that my 2015 model has a different glass so the spec might have changed

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back