How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Got ours at the start of June. Went back to the dealer last week to have the factory towbar fitted - and get a rattle fixed. Got the towbar, still got the rattle, which they claimed they couldn't hear. Shame really, because otherwise it's a good, solid, quiet car. Now considering changing my choice of dealer.

Got ours at the start of June. Went back to the dealer last week to have the factory towbar fitted - and get a rattle fixed. Got the towbar, still got the rattle, which they claimed they couldn't hear. Shame really, because otherwise it's a good, solid, quiet car. Now considering changing my choice of dealer.

Where is the rattle?

Where is the rattle?

It's in the dashboard, to me it sounds like it's in the left side of the dash. I've changed my dealer and the new one is picking the car up next Wednesday to investigate. The guy in the workshop said there were two known issues, one of which caused a noise to come from the A-pillar. I will report on the findings when I get it back.

My car has arrived at dealer now but waiting for September plate, been waiting since March so another month won't hurt!

On a point of interest has any of you UK owners notice the wing mirror vibration that seems common in the US & Canada?

Re the wing mirror, I see it over rough surfaces but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. I don't want to overstate it, to me it is a very minor vibration. Assuming mine is typical I suggest you don't get too worked up about it ;)

Re the wing mirror, I see it over rough surfaces but it doesn't bother me enough to do anything about it. I don't want to overstate it, to me it is a very minor vibration. Assuming mine is typical I suggest you don't get too worked up about it ;)

I won't! thanks pauly69

Just got it back and they did the A-pillar job. Car is transformed - much quieter. Apparently it's something to do with the scuttle fixings and A-pillar. I didn't manage to get more details than that but as I said, a known issue and done under warranty.

Pat

It's arrived! Only driven it home from the dealers, but so far so impressed.

I'm a Brit, I am here, and i have a CX-5!
Had it 3 weeks today, just under 2000 miles on the clock and a supposed average of 44mpg which i am pretty impressed with considering the engine is supposed to be bedding in!

Seconded, it is very minor and i only noticed it after someone asked me if my mirrors vibrated as they did on the model they'd test driven.

So, had the car for about a week now and thought I'd share my observations. Firstly, very very happy with it. It handles our pothole ridden roads well, seems a very quiet ride and is extremely comfortable.

Everything seems to work as it should, although all the safety features were switched off when we first got the car which seemed a bit strange. What's the point of blind spot monitoring and lane departure warnings (which have to be specified as an option) if they are off by default ? Anyway, both work well and are worth the extra cash in my opinion. iStop seemed to take a while before it started working, maybe there is a period of time or initial mileage before it begins to work. Works well now though.

Only one slight issue - one of the tyres was 10psi over the recommended pressure. It caused the tyre pressure monitor to come on as we were driving home from the dealers, but after visually checking the tyres several times on the way home and correcting the pressures once the car had stood overnight there have been no problems since. Whoever did the PDI clearly didn't check the pressures, or over-inflated! At least I know the TPM works...

Build quality appears good. I gave the car a good wash and wax over the weekend and the paint finish is nice and even (more than could be said for my Ford Focus) with no gaps or loose fitting trim.

I haven't seen any vibration in the bonnet (hood) but have noticed a minor vibration in the drivers door mirror (but, I was looking for it having seen other reports on this forum). It is very minor though, and not something I am concerned about.

All in all, pleased with our choice. Lets hope it holds up over the next few years.

Hows everybody doing with the mpg?
I've had my best performing weekly commute to work this morning... Derby to Barrow-In-Furness at an average of 48.9mpg which i'm pretty impressed with so far!
To give it some perspective, it's the 175PS 2.2D AWD manual. Far better than my old 53plate 1.4 manual Petrol Toyota Corolla which did it around 40mpg.
My CX-5, Kamui (named after his F1 driving fellow countryman), is one month owned today with 2600miles on the clock.

I'm on an indicated 42.2 after 1650 miles, although I have the auto which sips a bit more fuel than manual. I guess you reset frequently then - do you have any idea of your overall average after 2600 miles?

I'm on an indicated 42.2 after 1650 miles, although I have the auto which sips a bit more fuel than manual. I guess you reset frequently then - do you have any idea of your overall average after 2600 miles?

I've reset twice since I got it a month ago. Have done an additional 100(ish) miles of town driving between the hotel and office since Monday now and it's dropped down to 47.3mpg. The mpg was at 45.3 when I reset it the first time which was after a few weeks of running.

I have now driven my CX5 for a couple of months, I am generally very pleased with my purchase. The only thing I am a little concerned about is the hard ride, especially on my local roads which are in particularly poor condition. My previous car was a Volvo XC70 which was like driving while sitting on a sofa, I honestly had no idea my local roads were as bad as they are. Did anybody check the difference between the 17" and 19" wheels before purchase, I didn't as I wanted the Sport and the 17" wheels were not an option? Also, while on the subject of 19" wheels, has anybody checked the cost of replacement tyres - which I assume are going to be quite expensive to replace when worn or damaged?

As for everything else; I love the iStop, the fuel economy ( I am saving nearly 30.00 every time I fill up, compared to my Volvo) , the Sat Nav, Handsfree and driving experience. I would have liked DAB radio, and hope that this will be available as an upgrade in the future. I have had no mechanical or tech issues with my car.

I small word of caution - I have set my CX5 to auto lock, which is a great feature, however the other day I left my keys on the front seat of the car in a supermarket car park an walked away thinking I had my key and the car was locked - very easy to be overconfident! I am now training myself to listen for that 2nd bleep to confirm that the car I'd locked and the key is in my pocket!

A new Toyo Proxes R36 as fitted as standard to the 19" wheel is around 200 but try getting one! See:

http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2012/08/mazda-mx-5-impacted-by-tire-shortage/

I'm picking up my CX5 on the 1st September and I bought a new tyre a few weeks back after struggling to get hold of one. I didn't want to get caught short with a puncture. Apparantly when I bought it Mazda UK only had 4 in the country. I don't know if thats changed. I bought one and my delaer bought the other so Mazda UK were then down to two! I notice that mytyres are selling them and the price keeps going up and down:

http://ssl.delti.com/cgi-bin/rshop...._pro_Seite=15&Transport=P&dsco=110&sowigan=So

I'd get one now to be safe.

Applauso.

Last edited:
30/August, two more sleeps for all you 62'ers ;) maybe I should sell my 12!

Back