How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Hi all, a new brit to the forum, collecting my CX5 next week can't wait in all honesty, am slightly concerned about the oil rising issues now I have read up on them now, anything to be overly worried about or just keep a regular check and keep on top of it.

I have my oil changed yearly at 7K miles last car raised up about 8mm which I think is ok but not ideal.
Present car at 5K has raised about 4mm so far which I think is an improvement.

But if you are at anytime unhappy with the rise just change the oil.
I would advise regular checks.

Mine is coming up 6 months old and 5000 miles. The oil has gone up about 6mm so won't get to the X before the year end service. I will actually change mine shortly but only because I am fussy.

I have my oil changed yearly at 7K miles last car raised up about 8mm which I think is ok but not ideal.
Present car at 5K has raised about 4mm so far which I think is an improvement.

But if you are at anytime unhappy with the rise just change the oil.
I would advise regular checks.

Thanks for the advice guys, will keep a close eye on it

Anchorman is correct. The "pen" can't travel to blower fan as it would have to pass several air duct doors, AC evaporator, and finally the pollen filter! In addition to rattle, the worst case for you is the "pen" gets stuck by the air duct doors which may cause some air leakage to the vents which the air is not supposed to go. If you still can see it, try this flexible pick-up tool and see if you can get the "pen" out.
$T2eC16d,!)UE9s3wDcdOBR+DUdW8og~~60_35.JPG
Thanks very much for the timely advice, but it's too late. Earlier today, driving up a spiral ramp to a car park I heard a sudden "metallic" rattle - which was most probably the "pen" rolling into the innards, never to be seen again.

It can't go far. Which vent was it and are you in a right hand drive? I'll have a look at mine to see what's visible behind the dash.

Aldi were recently selling inspection cameras for a reasonable price, may still be available.
Ha, Aldi?! We just started having Aldi stores since a couple of years ago. Yeah, sometimes they do sell a batch of good quality tools with decent price although they're grocery stores. I did get some tire torque wrench tool set and some other items as gifts for friends an families.

It can't go far. Which vent was it and are you in a right hand drive? I'll have a look at mine to see what's visible behind the dash.
Appreciate that, thanks. It's right hand drive, the main windscreen vent under the windscreen infront of the driver, and it slid in into the end angled "opening" of the vent nearest to the drivers door

Mazda apparently are working on a software update due shortly to enable traffic to work with out using a wifi hotspot. :D

Anyone had any issues with the electronic handbrake? The car is around 4 months old, and has done around 3.5K miles. Over the last few days, the back brakes have released at slightly different times, causing the car to wobble as it pulls away. It's almost like one of the brakes is "sticking". It doesn't happen all the time, and can be at any point during a journey (so I don't think it's cold brakes, or a brake seized on).

I guess I need to get it into a dealer, but the intermittent nature of it worries me. I don't really want to be backwards and forwards to the dealer, who are some miles from us.

Anyone had any issues with the electronic handbrake? The car is around 4 months old, and has done around 3.5K miles. Over the last few days, the back brakes have released at slightly different times, causing the car to wobble as it pulls away. It's almost like one of the brakes is "sticking". It doesn't happen all the time, and can be at any point during a journey (so I don't think it's cold brakes, or a brake seized on).

I guess I need to get it into a dealer, but the intermittent nature of it worries me. I don't really want to be backwards and forwards to the dealer, who are some miles from us.
Could be just lack of lubricant on those caliper slide pins? Very common as Mazda applies minimum grease in these areas from factory.

I always release the handbrake by hand, just don't like the feel of the car trying to put away and being momentarily held back by the HB.

My pads still squeal even at 11 months old, two separate garages say its normal, its not, my first cx-5 was fine just the occasional pad noise pulling to a stop.
I'll mention it again at first service next month but I already know the answer.

I've read about the lack of lube but I'm too old now to prat about with DIY, especially on a young car under warranty.

Thanks guys - whilst I don't mind the odd bit of DIY maintenance I'm not prepared to go anywhere near the brakes, particularly (as pointed out) given that it's only a few months old. I guess a trip to the dealers then.

Disappearing Live Services Subscription (An Answer)

Hi all

I'm posting this here as it appears the U.S. can't get live services the same as we can in the UK. My initial free 60 days were up in early November and I renewed with a paid subscription for 3 years. All appeared to run smoothly via the Mazda Toolbox with an invoice received and my credit card debited. My live services have been working since renewal and today just to be nosy I took my map SD out of the car, plugged into the laptop and ran the Mazda toolbox which informed me my free trial had run out and I needed to pay for a subscription.

To cut a long story short, I found out via the Mazda handsfree helpline that my subscription was registered and all was fine. It appears that initially the live services trial period includes Russia and Turkey. If you don't want Russia and Turkey (except at Christmas ha ha) (naughty)(hand)(bolt)(as it's cheaper) the Mazda toolbox gets fooled and thinks you have not updated your subscription as there is a file mismatch between the free trial and the subscription. However the main server knows you have a valid subscription so the car side works fine.

The person I spoke to said that there are plans to issue an updated version of the Toolbox software in the near future to address this bug. (No timescale could be given) Whilst I was on the phone I asked when the maps will be updated. The answer was it could be weeks or months as the maps undergo a quality control process by Mazda handsfree when "Here" issue them.(whistle)

Moderators, please feel free to re-post where you think necessary (or move) etc,etc,etc

Jonno21

I had the same message but when I tried the traffic it still worked, so just ignored it.

I have the receipt anyway for 3 years.

Mazda Email Survey on Connected Services

Hi all

Interestingly I have just received and taken part in an email survey by Mazda on the Connected Services functionality and navigation system. Questions included:

Would you like a higher res larger screen?

How important is Apple Carplay/Android Auto to you?

Would you be prepared to pay for wireless Lan equipment with a separate sim and data plan so the phone is not used for live services

Do you use other Connected Services such as Aha/Stitcher?

What do you think to receiving over the air updates for maps?

I also have the offer of a 30 minute telephone interview to voice any concerns or feedback I may have.

I have also posted in the Audio section.

Jonno21

I wonder if i'll get an email.

At least Mazda UK are making some attempt to get customer feedback which is good, perhaps they are considering offering an enhanced satnav package at a cost extra, such as other makes do.

By the way i have now been banned from the mazda UK forum, with no reason given for the ban. Not that i was posting a deal only posted twice since the moderator took exception to my criticising some personal observations i made of the CX-5.

Apparantly because its a cx-5 forum only nice things about the cx-5 are allowed to be said.

Back