How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

I'd join but I don't have a facebook account, and don't really want one.

But I would not recommend the 2013 car due to engine issues, go for a 2015 if you can afford one, I intend to tow 1700kg with my 1703kg car, and I don't expect any issues. Car has a 88kg nose weight limit, not sure what your horse box would give on the hitch.

If you do go for a 2013 take out a warranty.

What engine issues?

Just been on holiday to the Isle of Wight for 2 weeks and counted 8 different CX5's whilst on holiday. (cabpatch). That's more than I see in a month on my travels at home.

Just had 4 year service and mot (bit expensive 375) and they said that there was a dpf software upgrade to be done. I quizzed him what it is for and he seems to think that it should do less regens now but he didn't really have any details anyone else had this latest update and what did your service advisor say it did. Also a mod was required on rear tailgate, different struts I believe but doesn't look any different.

Thanks for this.
I'm convinced I'm getting too many regens, perhaps as short as 150 miles apart. Its killing my MPG which is only around 36 mpg.

When i get back from my next tour I'll get in touch with my dealer. In fact I'll call Mazda CS.

Just had 4 year service and mot (bit expensive 375) and they said that there was a dpf software upgrade to be done. I quizzed him what it is for and he seems to think that it should do less regens now but he didn't really have any details anyone else had this latest update and what did your service advisor say it did. Also a mod was required on rear tailgate, different struts I believe but doesn't look any different.

Yesterday (Sun 11 June) took a test drive in the new 2017 UK model, and wow! I had no intention of getting one I was just being nosey, but I was bowled over.

Had an auto for years, and they only had manual for the test drive, but the hill hold and electronic parking brake is so intuitive the gap between auto & manual has diminished greatly.

Guess what? I ordered a new one in Manual.

I'm tempted to start a new thread regards this new model similar to this one being UK preferred.

Alex

Gave up and went for a

Attachments

• IMG_4158.JPG
    IMG_4158.JPG
    187.8 KB · Views: 373
Front Brake Discs.

Hi, in response to the CX-5 recall for tailgate struts I took my car in to my local main dealer. They did the work, but when I collected it told me they'd carried out a "health check" on the car. One item was the front discs, which they said were both worn to a dimension of 26.90 mm. They told me that the minimum safe thickness was 26.00 mm, and therefore they advised I have them replaced at a total cost of 560. I said I'd think about it. Later I contacted them to ask what the disc thickness dimension is when new, but they've haven't or won't give me this information. So I've researched it online, and believe the disc width (thickness) dimension when new is 28.00 mm. In other words, my discs are a little over half worn, and bearing in mind the car is 4 years old with 34,000 miles I calculate I have anther 28,000 miles before they are worn down to 26.00 mm!! If I'm right, Mazda are trying to rip me off by recommending work which is entirely unnecessary - any comments?

I spent 17 years testing and developing brakes - hence the user name.

I've seen some amazing attempts by main dealers to extract money by deception. Brakes usually cause the owner to cough up without question.

Hi, anyone had a wheel bearing problem? My CX-5 has recently had it's 4th annual service at the main dealer, just one small problem with one of the rear brakes binding; paid an extra 96 to sort it out. But I've noticed since, and I'm fairly sure before, the service what sounds like a regular rubbing sound, definitely linked to wheel rotation. After the service I jacked each wheel up to check rotation, and they were all free and no discernible noise or play.

I had a knowledgeable friend with me the other day and without prompting he heard the noise straight away, and thought it could be a worn wheel bearing, although we can't decide which wheel, even front or back! So back to my question, after 35000 miles of easy running is this a likely possibility?

I've never had a wheel bearing fail on any car, but they can fail at anytime.

Its more likely you have a rear brake problem, that's been reported by others leading to premature brake wear, I would take it back to the garage and point out the problem, see what they suggest.

Back