How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Nope, no bolt-ons here. It would have been nice if they had made fairy lights out of the standard DRL's - I'd rather have them in the main light cluster than down at the bottom of the bumper.

I'm happy without, especially for that price.

Say hello to Ashley for me on Saturday!

UK Guys - A question. I picked up my CX today. The side lights are always on and salesman said their demo model is the same. Are yours the same?

UK Guys - A question. I picked up my CX today. The side lights are always on and salesman said their demo model is the same. Are yours the same?

Sidelights or the daytime running lights? If they're on the radiator/grille side of the headlight then they're the daytime running lights, they turn off when the handbrake is on...?

+1, these are Mazda's DRL's. Don't all new new cars (i.e. new models) have to have DRL's now?
Anyway, shame they are not LED but this is the cheap way to comply with the EU DRL regulations.

I looked into this in a big way. Without the detail the answer from the Dept Of transport.......if the car was Type approved before February 2011 No DRLs are required. If approved after this date (08/02/2011 I think) then by law they have to have them. I've emailed Mazda to find out when the CX 5 Was type approved and am waiting to hear from them. Paul.....Do yours stay one when driving?

You can switch the DRL's off permanently in the vehicle menu if you don't want them. It's a kegal requirement fir all new cars in the EU to be supplied with them, but I don't think the UK law requires them yet.

You can switch the DRL's off permanently in the vehicle menu if you don't want them. It's a kegal requirement fir all new cars in the EU to be supplied with them, but I don't think the UK law requires them yet.

Correct, just because you have them fitted, doesn't mean you have to use them.

Yeah, my DRL's are on all the time. I think they go off when istop kicks in but not sure. I can't remember if there is an option to disable them in the setup menu, but I don't mind them anyway so would leave them enabled regardless.

Hi, here's another Brit. My username should give a clue to my location. My CX-5 should be handed over on the 25 Sept. It's a diesel/manual/FWD in that gorgeous Zeal Red mica. Tried the auto but felt the acceleration was a bit down against the manual.

Yeah, my DRL's are on all the time. I think they go off when istop kicks in but not sure. I can't remember if there is an option to disable them in the setup menu, but I don't mind them anyway so would leave them enabled regardless.

They also go off when you apply the handbrake, even if the engine is still running.

Hi, here's another Brit. My username should give a clue to my location. My CX-5 should be handed over on the 25 Sept. It's a diesel/manual/FWD in that gorgeous Zeal Red mica. Tried the auto but felt the acceleration was a bit down against the manual.

I don't doubt that the manual is a little zipper than the auto but that seems like a bizarre reason for choosing one over the other ;)
Coming from an MX5 which I would only ever have with a manual (unless Mazda develop a very good DSG style box) the opposite applies to the CX5 for me. It is all about (more) relaxed motoring now and it is a joy in stop-start traffic to have an auto box.
Of course the few extra mpg of a manual is missed but if I was that tight I wouldn't have spent 29 grand on a car would I?

Good to see a few more Brits in here since Sept 1st - it was quite lonely here in April :)

Hi guys, just found the forum after owning my car since last month. It has the xenon adaptive lights. We are planning a road trip to europe soon. Does anyone have an idea if the lights need any alteration for driving on the wrong side? The normal beam deflectors or even sticky tape to avoid dazzling others obviously are not any use as the beam moves. I have asked Mazda UK, but there has been a deafening silence so far. I have been very pleased so far with the car and have added the optional sill plates to avoid scratching the paint. Haven't really got my head around all the systems yet, but no doubt it will come eventually!

Hi all,

I've just recently ordered my CX-5, and was told 5 month wait list. hope this can be improved on though. I've gone for a 2.2 D sport nav with auto in pearlescent white - anybody got any photos of car in this colour?

I ordered mine through main dealer, but managed a good discount, and now I can't wait!

Hi all,

I've just recently ordered my CX-5, and was told 5 month wait list. hope this can be improved on though. I've gone for a 2.2 D sport nav with auto in pearlescent white - anybody got any photos of car in this colour?

I ordered mine through main dealer, but managed a good discount, and now I can't wait!
Did you get free Sat Nav or has that deal ended now?

Received my car Friday. Doesn't seem to be any drl option in the lighting section of the setup menu (with engine running). Can you point me in the right direction?

Back