Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 2341

Thread: How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Registered Member Applauso's Avatar

    Mazda CX 5 Sport 2WD

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    266

    How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

    Trying to find out how many Brits are members here? Come and say hello.

  2. #2
    Registered Member

    CX-5 Sport 2.2D 175PS AWD NAV Auto, Crystal White

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    76
    You are not alone, but you knew that already...

    "There is another..." (and I don't mean me)

  3. #3
    Registered Member

    CX5 2.2 diesel / Mazda mps

    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    183
    I may be The other... or Another. Anyway, had the car for a week

  4. #4
    Registered Member

    CX-5 Sport 2.2D 175PS AWD NAV Auto, Crystal White

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    76
    Hi prhac, you are definitely another, but there is another another
    No idea who 'The other' is let's see if they show up!

  5. #5
    Broadbean

    CX5 2.2 D (175) SPORT NAV AWD WITH SAFETY PACK

    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Helensburgh, Scotland
    Posts
    63
    Hi, You have the same model CX5 as me, what has your MPG been like and do you just use the computer as your reading or brim the tank and do the maths??

  6. #6
    Registered Member Dr_Watson's Avatar

    2106 CX5 2.2D AWD MT 175PS, Tech pack, Sunroof, full LED

    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Zürich
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by BROADBEAN9513 View Post
    Hi, You have the same model CX5 as me, what has your MPG been like and do you just use the computer as your reading or brim the tank and do the maths??
    Are you asking me? We don't have the model but close.

    I am only on my 3rd tank and mazda put a few litres in recently when it was getting fixed which has thrown off my own calculations a bit. But to sum it awe up....

    Motorway 70mph GPS speed, approx 50mpg. Could improve if road was flat and less tunnels where I need to slow down then speed up every 5 mins.

    Drive to work, mix of town and A road, 50/50. 43mpg.

    Driving about like its stolen.....35mpg.

    On a nice flat piece of autobahn, I reset the computer and sat at 55mph, for about 10 km I had 64mpg.

    The computer seems to be accurate to with one or two mpg. I had the range left at 15 km and only got 49 litres in so there is plenty reserve. Very happy with this, considering the size, weight, shape and AWD.

    All depends how much welly ye gee it!

  7. #7
    CX-5 2.2D SE-L dad of jon's Avatar

    cx-5 se-l 2.2D

    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    wales, uk
    Posts
    548
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr_Watson View Post
    Are you asking me? We don't have the model but close.

    I am only on my 3rd tank and mazda put a few litres in recently when it was getting fixed which has thrown off my own calculations a bit. But to sum it awe up....

    Motorway 70mph GPS speed, approx 50mpg. Could improve if road was flat and less tunnels where I need to slow down then speed up every 5 mins.

    Drive to work, mix of town and A road, 50/50. 43mpg.

    Driving about like its stolen.....35mpg.

    On a nice flat piece of autobahn, I reset the computer and sat at 55mph, for about 10 km I had 64mpg.

    The computer seems to be accurate to with one or two mpg. I had the range left at 15 km and only got 49 litres in so there is plenty reserve. Very happy with this, considering the size, weight, shape and AWD.

    All depends how much welly ye gee it!
    the official consumption figures for awd 150ps and the 175ps awd are identical. its where you compare manual vs auto and/or 2WD vs AWD that they differ. Of course if there was a 175ps 2wd manual, on offer I'd have bought that.

    as it stands I have to make do with ONLY 380NM torque instead of 420NM

    if Mazda released an 'unlock' of the engine parameters to enable this they could have an extra nice little earner.

  8. #8
    Registered Member

    was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    worksop Great Britain
    Posts
    1,850
    Its a very nice engine the 148bhp version.
    However I have gone for the 173bhp version, torque peaks at 310 pound feet at 2K revs.

    But it also gives out 280 pound feet over a wider rev band than the 148bhp version.

    148bhp gives 280 from 1800-2600 rpm
    173bhp gives 280 from 1700-3100 rpm.

    While the fuel and ved appear to have the same figures.

    I went for the 173bhp only because I tow and wanted 4wd.

    Quote Originally Posted by dad of jon View Post
    the official consumption figures for awd 150ps and the 175ps awd are identical. its where you compare manual vs auto and/or 2WD vs AWD that they differ. Of course if there was a 175ps 2wd manual, on offer I'd have bought that.

    as it stands I have to make do with ONLY 380NM torque instead of 420NM

    if Mazda released an 'unlock' of the engine parameters to enable this they could have an extra nice little earner.

  9. #9
    Registered Member Applauso's Avatar

    Mazda CX 5 Sport 2WD

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    266
    Hi Guys. Did any of you go for Supaguard?

  10. #10
    Registered Member

    CX-5 Sport 2.2D 175PS AWD NAV Auto, Crystal White

    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    76
    Personally, I have had it on a few cars including my previous MX5. Decided against it this time, going to try and stay on top of waxing instead.

    I'm still undecided whether the product is worthwhile, but at the usual £300-ish it is a total rip off. My understanding is that it is applied like a wax and then polished off after allowing it to 'cure' onto the paintwork - the product itself costs a fraction of that £300 (I hear of kits regularly going for 10% of that or less) so the dealer must be taking a large wedge of profit, even after paying the labour of the bloke(s) who apply it.

    Only you can decide if the benefit outweighs the cost, but remember it won't stop your car getting dirty! If I ever do opt for it again I'll not pay more than about £100-£150. Like I said you should be able to find a kit yourself, so if you are up for it you could apply it yourself anyway for a few quid.

    Same goes for GAP insurance, the other dealer money maker - shop around because cover is usually available for less elsewhere, e.g. ala.co.uk (I got 4 years new for old cover, gap limit £20K, for a shade over 200 quid) whereas dealer wanted I think 349 for inferior cover. This is the first time I've bothered with it, but i thought that was reasonable value even given the very low probability of a total loss event (i.e. unrecovered theft or write off).
    Last edited by pauly69; 07-07-2012 at 09:16 PM.

  11. #11
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5 2.2d SEL

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Barnstaple, Devon. UK
    Posts
    57
    Where did £300 come from? My local Mazda franchise quoted £190 to treat the CX-5.

  12. #12
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5 diesel sports nav

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnstaple boy View Post
    Where did £300 come from? My local Mazda franchise quoted £190 to treat the CX-5.
    Is that £190 for LED DRLs?
    I was quoted £380 too.

  13. #13
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX-5 2.2d SEL

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Barnstaple, Devon. UK
    Posts
    57
    This thread got somehow misplaced. The £190 is the quoted price for the Supagard option. The LED DRL option is down on my invoice at just under £300.

  14. #14
    Registered Member

    Mazda CX5 diesel sports nav

    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    23
    Quote Originally Posted by Barnstaple boy View Post
    This thread got somehow misplaced. The £190 is the quoted price for the Supagard option. The LED DRL option is down on my invoice at just under £300.
    Is that with or without VAT?

  15. #15
    previn

    cx5 2.o g sport

    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    west midlands uk
    Posts
    7
    try autoglym ,Halfords will stock it very good wax treatment I've used it for years.
    Last edited by previn; 05-19-2014 at 05:49 AM.

Page 1 of 140 1231151101 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Brits to design reborn Isetta
    By mikeyb in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-22-2009, 04:26 PM
  2. Fancy Footwork...
    By Boston5761 in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-02-2006, 07:37 PM
  3. how the Brits react:
    By Matthew in forum Pics & Builds
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 07-08-2005, 12:24 AM
  4. What are they teaching the brits
    By GHOSTWHISPER in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2004, 12:17 PM
  5. oooh Fancy New Logos :D
    By jrodhotrod in forum Off Topic
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 12-07-2002, 06:57 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •