Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Your Best Source for Genuine Mazda Parts!
Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2310

Thread: How many Brits? Fancy a cuppa?

Mazda CX5 2.2D Sport Nav

I popped into Heritage VW in Weston this afternoon to look at the Tiguan. Quite nice but by the time I'd specified it to the same level as the CX 5 Sport Nav the price was North of £32k!!! I mean seriously! As I say it was quite nice but definitely not worth that sort of money and that was only a mid spec model. Significantly smaller inside in terms of shoulder room and headroom. The dimensions suggest it has a bigger boot than the Mazda but it's not all that obvious.

So I won't be paying Holders a visit in Congressbury.

I also took a test drive in a Disco Sport. Quite impressed. A lot bigger than the CX5 but that is almost entirely down to the width. Amazed how they've managed to get a third row of seats in a car that's marginally longer than the Mazda. Price-wise it's a couple of grand more than the Tiguan but you get the impression you are getting much more car for your money rather than a Golf on steroids.

Registered Member

was 175ps sport manual, now 175ps Mazda CX-5 Auto AWD Sport Nav

The LR 180 diesel engine has much more torque than the 175ps mazda one, unfortunately its too wide for my garage door, its a double but with two 2.1M wide doors.

Check out the CRV, i drove one back in 2013, my final list was between the CX-5 and CRV, mazda won only because it had more power and torque, i tow a caravan.
    Since then the honda has been given a 9 speed auto.

Its also got a bigger boot, one of the biggest in its sector, now they have got rid of the 2.2 for a 1.6 i've lost interest, but for solo driving there is ample power.

PS the Tig i configured to near £40K was the high power auto version in awd.

CX-5 SportNav 2.2 diesel auto

Until I'm convinced that LR have got their quality issues under control I won't be risking paying the hugely over inflated prices for what I see as a liability.

The German marques are also over rated and over priced so my money will stay with the Japanese brands for the foreseeable future. Whether it's TVs, cameras or cars, they are the masters of mass production and unless let down by a dealer, they support their products properly too.

This study isn't entirely representative as it only indicates number of complaints rather than percentages but it does represent the expectations of the owners,

http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/news/new...-cars/?image=9

The German brands do not fair well.
    Last edited by Anchorman; 01-13-2017 at 04:34 AM.

CX-5 2.2D Nav Metro Grey. Auto.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountkeen View Post
    I popped into Heritage VW in Weston this afternoon to look at the Tiguan. Quite nice but by the time I'd specified it to the same level as the CX 5 Sport Nav the price was North of £32k!!! I mean seriously! As I say it was quite nice but definitely not worth that sort of money and that was only a mid spec model. Significantly smaller inside in terms of shoulder room and headroom. The dimensions suggest it has a bigger boot than the Mazda but it's not all that obvious.

So I won't be paying Holders a visit in Congressbury.

I also took a test drive in a Disco Sport. Quite impressed. A lot bigger than the CX5 but that is almost entirely down to the width. Amazed how they've managed to get a third row of seats in a car that's marginally longer than the Mazda. Price-wise it's a couple of grand more than the Tiguan but you get the impression you are getting much more car for your money rather than a Golf on steroids.
    I looked at the Tiguan before I settled upon my CX5, and apart from the price gong stratospheric when I compared my wish-list I felt that a lot of things were a compromise; in particular the width (lack of) in the boot space. Additionally I was never happy with DSG I had on my last two VWs, maybe it's improved? Couldn't justify the extra cost at all.

I was hoping the SEAT may have kept some width in the boot-space, but perhaps not; and when I built my SEAT on the website I decided to stop at £36k. Mazda, you may be having me for another 5 years and by the time I replace will be the longest I've kept a car.

Registered Member

Interesting video from Australia. Thought i'd share it, also a video of the Tucson after it, select from the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkgdmPcmOE&t=611s

Mazda CX5 2.2D Sport Nav

Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    Interesting video from Australia. Thought i'd share it, also a video of the Tucson after it, select from the video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QUkgdmPcmOE&t=611s
    Yes I saw that video a week or two back. It confirmed my own thoughts about not going for another CX-5 and it also made me think twice about being an early adopter of the new model. I'm sure that the new CX-5 will not be using any particularly new technologies - the first model was after all a bit of a test-bed for Skyactive - but having read about the problems that some CX-5 drivers had with that model early on I'm disinclined to be a guinea pig for any manufacturer.

I looked at the Tucson but it is really low-rent in terms of materials. I was in Dublin last week and there seemed to be hundreds of the buggers on the motorway to and from the airport - so it's evidently a very popular model across the Irish Sea. But not for me. I also looked at the X-Trail 2.0 Diesel . Having had two of the Mark 1 model in the past I was always impressed by their ruggedness as well as everyday driveability. Like you I tow a caravan and thought the larger engine would be much better suited to towing, but once more when you specced it up to the level of the CX-5 it was going well past £32k. Now I know I could negotiate a big discount on one but at the end of the day that's going to hit residuals and if you're doing it through a PCP or similar it works out to be quite expensive in terms of TCO.

So I've bitten the bullet and ordered myself a Merc. The GLC to be precise. Yes, it's a bit more than I originally intended to spend but the price I negotiated was not that far above the X-Trail or indeed the Tiguan and it is a lovely car. I've specified the Sport model with the Off Road Package (a less than £500 option) as it has a bit more ground clearance and a special setting for towing. Not arriving until March though.

In the meantime I'll be putting the CX-5 up for sale and see if what I get for it is more than the PX being offered by the Mercedes dealer (which shouldn't be hard).

The Merc won over the Disco Sport simply because I wan't sure I really could justify the relatively "muscular" off-road capabilities and also if there were any problems with it it means a 50 mile round trip to the nearest JLR dealer.

Registered Member

I like the GLC, but there is no where to even put a space saver never mind a full size wheel.

SIL works for Merk so gets to run a new merk every few month as does the daughter. I was interested in the 9 speed box with the 250? engine, it should pull two caravans if need be, of the Germans their engines are also the most reliable apparantly.

Let us know how you find it.
    Last edited by xtrailman; 01-18-2017 at 12:53 PM.

Mazda CX5 2.2D Sport Nav

Quote Originally Posted by xtrailman View Post
    I like the GLC, but there is no where to even put a space saver never mind a full size wheel.

BIL works for Merk so gets to run a new merk every few month as does the daughter. I was interested in the 9 speed box with the 250? engine, it should pull two caravans if need be, of the Germans their engines are also the most reliable apparantly.

Let us know how you find it.
    The 220 and 250 have the same engine with the latter tuned to produce a higher output and torque. Same braked trailer towing capacity for both variants though.

I've done without a space-saver in the current CX-5 and luckily never had any tyre incidents. I'm banking on the same with the Merc. It's not due to arrive until late March so I'll be getting rid of the CX-5 and relying on borrowing the wife's Citroen Cactus or if push comes to shove I'll get my 40 year-old Triumph Dolomite out of the garage for short trips.

Registered Member

MAZDA CX5 175 SPORT NAV AUTO

What dolomite do you have an 1850 or Sprint. I like the old triumphs particularly the stag. Back in the day i had most of the Triumph range for my daily drivers and always enjoyed them. Is yours still in regular use?

Mazda CX5 2.2D Sport Nav

Quote Originally Posted by ROCKETRON View Post
    What dolomite do you have an 1850 or Sprint. I like the old triumphs particularly the stag. Back in the day i had most of the Triumph range for my daily drivers and always enjoyed them. Is yours still in regular use?
    Nothing as fast as that I'm afraid. It's a 1300 - same engine that was used in the Spitfire and Herald. I got it running again this summer after a few years in the garage gathering dust. I try to take it out at weekends if it's dry.

She's only got 31,000 on the clock from new.

Registered Member

CX-5 2.2d SE-L Nav auto diesel

My CX5 SE-L Nav auto is also just over 3 years old and I have to say it's been an excellent car, give or take the odd camshaft problem, I have really enjoyed it. But have been wondering whether I should replace it, hmmm. In view of the current negative image of diesel engines my first thought was a CX5 petrol auto, but of course they don't do one. Having looked around at alternatives (petrol + auto + SUV) there really isn't anything in my price range I fancy, the CX5 auto transmission IMO is great, and I won't go anywhere near a twin clutch or DSG, thus ruling out a large part of the market.

So I'm thinking I will just replace like for like, and get another 2.2 CX5; the question is do it now, or wait for the revamped model. The video link posted by xtrailman is interesting, with a clear message to wait. I've been to my local Mazda dealer, who supplied my CX5) and their best offer is the list price - £27,100 - less £1000 for a cash no p/x deal, or a p/x offer less than 'webuyanycar' and the full list price. Drivethedeal, who I've used successfully in the past, are showing a price around £4200 off the list price albeit including the £1500 that Mazda finance are offering, which apparently I would have to take. Anyway, just my musings at present - I may well postpone the decision and take John Cadogan's advice in the video.

Registered Member

I got about £4200 off my 2015 car, so would be wanting a lot more than that to buy a outgoing model, and would also expect extra equipment on the car, a free safety pack for example.

Also avoid the new car until its been out at least 1 year, frankly i don't have a lot of faith in Mazda bring out a new car with out teething problems. I'm thinking to buy a Mazda extended warranty after the 3 year warranty expires, and hopefully keep the car the usual 4.5 years.

The CX-5 suits me in so many ways that at present i don't see a lot of advantage to changing. Just my opinion.
    But i wount consider keeping a Mazda out of warranty, not like the other Japs cars I've had.

Registered Member

I'm banned from this forum because the moderator doesn't like me posting anything negative about the CX-5, but this link illustrates the problems early cars can have.

http://mazdacx5forums.co.uk/index.ph...98.0;topicseen

Registered Member

CX-5 2.2d SE-L Nav auto diesel

xtrailman

"I got about £4200 off my 2015 car, so would be wanting a lot more than that to buy a outgoing model, and would also expect extra equipment on the car, a free safety pack for example."

Do you mean you got that amount off from the Mazda dealer, and was there a p/x involved?

Of course I'm well aware of the CX-5 problems having owned my car for 3 years from new. The 'routine' recall to check for swarf in the oil did show a problem with the vacuum pump, which they changed. Despite there being no other symptoms I went back several times to insist they did the full job, i.e. camshaft replacement, which finally they agreed to!

Registered Member

Good for you.
    I had the vacuum pump changed also, my car came with in the Vin range fitted with the suspect cams as well, so i lost faith in the long term durability of the engine.

Although i intended to change just before the 3rd service i made the mistake of looking at an automatic, straight after a test drive in the new Tucson 182, just to compare both cars.
    We both thought the 2015 car looked more up market inside, and the Tucson wasn't getting any meaningful discounts at that time. It was a VIP day at perry's mansfield, and i got the impression that they had a sales target to reach which they were not reaching, i'm guessing to get a bonus on a bulk sale.

Salesman started chatting but i made it clear we were not buying, to cut a long story short he made me a trade in offer that knew was around £1K over its value, but i wasn't interested, finally he asked me what i would sign up for, so i said £4K off the car with the same trade in, i had seen a broker price with around £4K off so knew i was asking for something achievable. I got what i asked for despite his manager trying to bring me down by a few hundred.

It was just too good to turn down IMO. It was pointless selling to WB anycar for less, or private.
    Last edited by xtrailman; Today at 10:28 AM.

Page 154 of 154 FirstFirst ... 54104144152153154