Bought a 2012 Mazda2 Touring MT (!)

EconoBox

:
2012 Mazda Mazda2 Touring MT
Picked mine up the other night for $14,750.00. These cars are simply NOT selling, so I managed to get a fantastic deal. On my solo test drive (they just handed me the key and told me to have fun), I pulled over to test out the backseats and just check out the car in general. In the glove box, I found a document that proved to be a massive bargaining chip. It was a dealer vehicle check-in form for when it comes off of the truck, I'm guessing. It was signed and dated 2/23/12. That means that the vehicle has been sitting on their lot for close to FOUR months. And the car only had 4 miles on the odometer, so it had never even been test driven. I knew right then and there that I could get some serious cash off the MSRP. Sure enough, I played it cool and told them that I had to think about it. The question I anticipated came immediately. What can we do to get you into this car? I threw out an absurdly low number of $14,000.00 knowing that they'd say no, but at least they would know where I was at. They said no and that they would only be willing to go as low as $15,500.00. So I said I'd think about it. The salesperson went and spoke to the manager and then came back with an offer of $15,000.00. I told them that the vehicle had spent 4 months on the lot and that no one has shown interest in it. I told them they could make it sale today or the car can sit as it has been doing. Then I told them I'd split the difference and do 14.5K. They said that they'd split my difference and do $14,750.00. DONE! Very awesome shopping experience and I wrote the dealer a glowing review of their staff and service the very next day.

On the test drive, I stalled the vehicle 3X because my old car's clutch travel was a mile long. But I've since gotten used to it and I'm very smooth with it now. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE, LOVE my new 2! I like it far better than the Fiesta (my 2nd choice), although I wish it had some of the Fiesta's refinement. At 60, the wind noise is annoying. At 80 mph, the wind noise is punishing.

Planned Purchases

• Rear Bumper Protector
  • Window Deflectors
  • Cargo Net
  • Upgraded Floor Mats
  • Splash Guards (Big Maybe)

The one thing I've noticed, though, is that Mazda2 accessories are grossly overpriced. My brother's Versa's rear bumper protector was $30.00 from the dealer. The 2's costs something absurd like $68.00. A 2012 Toyota Cargo Net is about $30.00. The 2's is like $50! Splash guards are like freaking $160 for front and rear!

Okay, I'm done.

Hi.

(yippy)

At 60, the wind noise is annoying. At 80 mph, the wind noise is punishing.

...and at 100mph you forget about the noise and start thinking about the 2 inch wide bicycle tires you are riding on (boom01)

Nice buy though man!

Weird how I see the fewest in blue. I think this ads to the uniqueness. Going against the grain I wish they had Yellow and Orange.

Cograts man, I just bought my 2 in march. Its a fantastic little car. Good deal u got there I unfortunately had a dealer with the "no haggle" fixed pricing deal and paid just under 17.000 for mine. I feel a little ripped off right now. But non the less, enjoy your 2 !

Cograts man, I just bought my 2 in march. Its a fantastic little car. Good deal u got there I unfortunately had a dealer with the "no haggle" fixed pricing deal and paid just under 17.000 for mine. I feel a little ripped off right now. But non the less, enjoy your 2 !

Do you have an automatic or a manual? Touring Manuals are $16,680.00...

I got my manual touring for just under 17000. But that's because I wanted pearl white and there was only one coming off the boat in my area.

Its a manual, and I wanted the white one as well. I was told it was a special edition color and that it would coat me more to get it.
Im happy with my true red. Also, I found out that im very approachable in my 2. I was in the sams club parking lot last Friday and while waiting for my gf to arrive I was approached by two women, one was a older lady in her 30's and she was quite good looking and the other was a 20 something mom who was also cute
Both asked me what kind of car this was and then kept a mild conversation for about two minutes. Makes me feel good!

Back